(Movie) 20 minutes of the film screened

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sounds as if they're basically sticking to script. Good finds.
He hopes that Transformers fills that category, believing the movie is a "head-snapper… along the lines of a Jurassic Park or a Matrix."
Well, hopefully things turn out better in sequels than either of those franchises.

It's interesting the extent to which film-makers are prepared to give advance previews and screenings these days, buzz becoming ever more important.
SPOILER! (select to read)
It'll also be interesting to see if, after all the hoo-ha about robots not gaining/losing any mass when transforming, the plot strand setting up the Real Gear toys is kept -- i.e. the Allspark being able to bring inanimate electronics to life...
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/movies/tr ... 482974.cfm
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

I don't mind The Matrix sequels and The Lost World. Yeah, I hope this franchise turns out all right. Transformers 2 could wind up being one of those superior larger scale sequels.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Lost World is fine if you switch it of once they leave the Island. JPIII is bobins though.

good to see it's shaping up to be at least an alright film...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sounds very, very promising... except the bit about 'appealing to females'. Well, gee, thanks. Personally, I'm going to see this because it has stonking big robots! in it.

I think that I can live with the premise of the main plotline, but really - you'd think the Cybertronians would be more careful with the Matrix, neh? There will obviously be some parts played for laughs, which isn't unusual, and it sounds like we're going to have fun spotting the 'in jokes'.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

Well it is explained in The Prequel comic. Optimus was really desperate: I guess I look forward to seeing his arc in the film then judging by that.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
The Lost World is fine if you switch it off.

Edited for accuracy...
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Brendocon
Edited for accuracy...

Oh come on, whatsit from Hannibal is pure comedy gold as the most studid and unlucky woman who ever lived. She got go more than two feet without something awfull happening to her and the Fly having to come rescue her.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

Julianne Moore and Jeff Goldblum to be exact. The former an Oscar nominated actress, twice on the same night in 2003, and the latter a really funny man.

Anyway, I hope this film is more JP than JP3.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Megatimus
Julianne Moore and Jeff Goldblum to be exact. The former an Oscar nominated actress, twice on the same night in 2003, and the latter a really funny man.

That hardly stops her character being unitentionaly hilarious in The Lost World.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

I know, just giving you a head's up.

Funny how the film seems like a true 80s Spielberg blockbuster when the trailer really spouted a 90s Bruckheimer tone.
Markus
Protoform

Post by Markus »

Did my eyes show the correct thing about Hugo Weaving voicing Megatron in the movie?