Alternator Sightings

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Alternator Sightings

Post by Clay »

Yesterday I saw a Dodge Viper at a gas station nearby. Couldn't help but think of Sideswipe. I think I've seen most of the Alternator line in the wild now, barring Mirage and Ravage 2.0. Anybody else go car spotting with robots in mind? I can't help it anymore... any gray Mustang that drives by is Grimlock to me. Movie bots are sighted far less... Camaros are becoming a bit commonplace, but half the rest of them are concept cars that haven't hit production yet.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Also saw this while walking around town a few days ago.

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

There is (or was as I've not seen it driving about for a few years) someone round here with a Subaru in full racing colours.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:Movie bots are sighted far less
Next door neighbour seems to drive Que. Probably more a sign of how uninspiring Mercs are, though.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I frequently see Jeeps [like Hound] and the WRX model of the Imprezza in blue.

Once saw a Dodge Viper in yellow.

Mustangs used to be more frequent than they are now.

There's a guy in the area that drives a red coloured Corvette Stingray circa 1987, and there's a black Corvette Z07 or so nearby.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I do the same thing, although it's not restricted to Alternators.

I used to see blue Imprezas around a lot...no racing decals, sadly, so not quite a dead ringer for Smokescreen. I've seen a blue Corvette that's a dead ringer for Alt Tracks in the neighbourhood as well, and Mustangs and Jeeps are pretty common around here so seeing Grimlock or Hound isn't a big deal. Same with Movie Bumblebee...I see yellow Camaros a lot, and the black racing stripes aren't uncommon either.

I tell you what, though...a neighbour of mine owns a Mustang that's painted in Bumblebee colours, and the contradicting Transformers references really confused the hell out of me the first time I saw it. My gut insisted it was wrong somehow but it took a while for me to figure out why.

The one that dropped my jaw the most, though, was the old silver 280ZX that I used to see on the drive in to university. Still in nice shape, by the looks of it, and a dead ringer for G1 Bluestreak.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I used to do the same thing a looooong time ago. :lol:

Mustangs, Vipers, Jeeps, Camaros, Corvettes are all very common here. There are a few new Transformers edition Camaros in town, I saw an ad in the paper at work yesterday advertising them... think there's like 3, or something. At one dealership anyway.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Though it doesn't technically count, I've seen a black car of the right shape with the Decepticon logo and "Punish and enslave" decals in the same place as the film a few times.

The problem with being in the UK is either most of the "real" car modes either aren't on the road much anymore or never made it over here (I have never seen a Mustang on the road and would be surprised if any of that brand ever made much impact here).

*King Charles insult* That's more for the person from the crap druggy school in town looking over my shoulder who is annoyed I've been mocking his high school than any of you. But feel free to join in. My high school is so awesome they had to sack all the teachers and rename it to give the.others a fair chance.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

This is why I've been tempted to paint my Jeep yellow and have a custom wheel cover made up. My wife even said I could get a Decepticon logo on my hood. (in other, odd news my autocorrect on my tablet recognizes Decepticon as a real word and puts a capital letter in it)
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

I've seen Solstice more often now after it is discontinued. I miss Jazz. Also every time when I see Porsche 911.

Mustang is everywhere and they makes me think about Barricade, too. When there is a white one, that reminds me Wheeljack.

Red Dodge Challenger is easily being seen. Poor Cliffjumper.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I see Ravage 2.0 at least once a month on the M80 out to Stirling, and now and again kicking about Hamilton race courses. Seen DOTM Soundwave a bit recently too.

I like it when I see Prime - not too often, but increasingly so. That's one Hell of a big pickup! Then, I guess Movie Ironhide would dwarf it, and ain't ever seen one of those...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.