Marvel to milk the hell out the movie franchise

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Halfshell

Marvel to milk the hell out the movie franchise

Post by Halfshell »

Hot on the heels of Marvel Studios' Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, probably Iron Man 3 and possibly Antman comes...

SHIELD: The Movie.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=27884

I mean really?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It almost makes me want to see The Avengers turn into a huge disastrous flop.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

well, it wont be the first shield movie. Remember nick fury, agent of shield?
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

kupimus aka(clocker) wrote:well, it wont be the first shield movie. Remember nick fury, agent of shield?
I remember David Hasselhoff with an eye patch.

Eh. Of the three films they've put out so far, I've enjoyed them all and I'm anxiously looking forward to the ensamble Avengers film, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're ideas are solid.

And seeing as how they're only coming out at a rate of one a year, I don't really see it as a glut or anything. If Marvel Studios started pumping out three of these films a year with quality stretching to a breaking point, then I'd let loose with the nerd rage.

But three films down, I'm pleased with their output and I like the interconnectivity of it all. As for whether or not the team of SHIELD could carry their own movie? Well, I've read some of the old Nick Fury comics and enjoyed them, so I think it's perfectly possible, albeit the masses may be expecting a superhero film from Marvel rather than a spy adventure and might feel disappointed.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I hear they're also rebooting the Spider-Man franchise. Already. Apparently the general public soon forgot about Spider-Man 3. Or they just blocked it out of memory...
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Marvel Studios aren't rebooting the Spider-Man film franchise, Sony is. Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to produce films based on that character (Marvel Comics licensed him out to Sony indefinitely so long as they continue to produce films and don't stop for a determined period of time, in which case their rights would lapse).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

DrSpengler wrote:Well, I've read some of the old Nick Fury comics and enjoyed them, so I think it's perfectly possible, albeit the masses may be expecting a superhero film from Marvel rather than a spy adventure and might feel disappointed.
I dunno, Fury's not exactly Bourne in terms of grittiness, and there's no reason why there can't be superpowered villains - it could still be stupidly spectacular what with flying cars, Hellicarriers, invisibility fields and the like. Could even start work on a villain or two for the Avenger film - introduce a couple of Masters of Evil or somesuch.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Oh yeah, I could definately see that.

Though Fury is sort of like the side of James Bond people tend to disperage now n days. The sci-fi equipment, the super villains, the outrageous doomsday devices, etc.

Fury falls into a weird niche, is all. He's a super spy but he is anything *but* the "grounded in reality" type that people seem into today (the revamped serious Bond films or Bourne, as you say). But for a movie with "Marvel Comics" attached, there may be plenty of supervillainy going on, but no costumed crime fighters with alternate identities and so on, which would probably surprise the general public.

It's a series with supervillains but no "superheroes". Though I've always found an organized government unit created to deal with such outrageous threats to facilitate some pretty good comics, so it could make for a good movie, too.

I just wonder if that's what Jack and Jill Everyman want from their comic book movies, is all.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

DrSpengler wrote:Marvel Studios aren't rebooting the Spider-Man film franchise, Sony is. Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to produce films based on that character (Marvel Comics licensed him out to Sony indefinitely so long as they continue to produce films and don't stop for a determined period of time, in which case their rights would lapse).
Ah, I thought that it was Marvel Studios trying to make up for Sony's failure in the third movie. My mistake.

So what's the deal with Fantastic Four? I heard that's getting a remake as well...
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

A Shield movie could work if it had some serious star power and some serious character star power. So I think they go the Ultimates route, put Black Widow and Hawkeye and some other regular human using tech or above average skills to fill up the team instead of the Avengers.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Unrealistic as it sounds, I want a Marvel Zombies film. If they can get almost all of them together for the Avengers movie...why not??

J\K...