[Original RPG] Collapse: In the Presence of my Enemies (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Collapse: In the Presence of my Enemies (Protihex)

Post by Warcry »

The utopian dreams of Protihex's founders have begun to crumble in the face of cruel reality. Cut off by choice from all of Cybertron's major powers, the city has become a haven for crime, violence an chaos. As high-profile would-be leaders fall one by one, the city's population divides into smaller and smaller groups led by those brave or stupid enough to try and bring some semblance of order to the ungoverned frontier.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Steelhaven

"Sorry, but Aero and I didn't get much exploration on the ship. He was out asleep in some temporary quarters for the whole trip, and I was keeping an optic on him. He woke up just in time for us to leave for the mission," Stratus replied to Shockwave's question as he followed along in the air. "I really don't know where anything is right now."

Templar Heights

Drugged as he was with the tranquilizer in his system, Aero Blade was too out of it to respond even if he had felt up for it, but he did absorb all the information, though it was a bit slower to process. Shank was playing the same game Torpedo had been doing, but Firewagon either wasn't interested in playing or wasn't in on it, and someone had finally let that crucial detail slip that he'd wanted for so long. Torpedo had obviously been watching when Aero Blade had been examining the destroyed device - he must have realized that he was a tech and wanted to get some work out of him.

At least that should mean they really don't mean to hurt me, but that also means their story for why they grabbed me was a laod of slag, like I knew it was in the begining.... Aero Blade thought silently to himself, slowly gathering his thoughts. What else are they lying about? Do they really intend to let me loose later, or have I been recruited and they're just trying to settle me in...?
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

"Hold on i could be leading myself into a trap here" Skylynx thought for a moment and said to Shockwave, "actually Shockwave, they may need me over at Iacon, I'm going there so i shall see you around", nervously skylynx transformed into shuttle mode and flew out of there as fast as he could

(ooc: now onto iacon)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Shank watched as Aero Blade continued to be drip-fed energon.

"I think he's been out long enough," he told the medic. "Wake him up."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

"He is," the doctor replied to Shank, his tone polite and with the utmost respect. He did however turn his attention back to the computer from before, continuing the energy feed but discontinuing the tranquilizer additive to Aero Blade's drained systems. "He had to be calmed down to not mess with his IV," The doctor explained.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Hyperdrive watched as Doublecross landed outside their warehouse base. "Identify yourself or get vaporised." he said via communications.

Hailstorm said to Hyperdrive, "Ah, ah, ah.... Swindle told you to be friendly to him...."

"Shut up Hailstorm."

"Of course. And I for one follow you out of respect. But Onslaught, do you have any idea who sent these Reflectors? I am curious." Road hugger said to Onslaught.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Outside Warehouse

"We are Doublecross"

"We are Doublecrossssss"

Two voices answered simultaneously.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Nuts,Industrial Bolts and Fastners

Pipeline,leaving the group again became Lt.Crunch.The drones heavy body pushed him into the Manufacturing District,coming first across Nuts.He transformed and walked into the factory,which showed little sign of doing it's job.He gave his ID to the gaurds and walked in.Needless to say,he was not satisfied.Going up to the main office,he knocked,planning to very much disturb Those inside.

Streets

"Do whatever needs to be done Mr.Mix."Gusher said,continuing to unload the plasteel with the drones. "Groove,if you don't mind,I need twenty foot lengths out of these.Stripper,on the spot with him,and Towline... you can get the drones lined up and ready on count for lifting."Towline nodded once again,and Stripper did all she could to contain another outburst.
Chip1123
Protoform

Shuttle

Post by Chip1123 »

"So are either of you two the kind of bots who like to take bets?" Turbofire asked Wheelie and Mirage, trying to pass the time as they were making their long trip back to Iacon. "Figure we got some time to kill."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Steelhaven

Shockwave ducked.

That was putting it politely... He slammed himself back against the bulkhead as, giving only a brief warning, Skylynx made a break for it down the short access passage.

How illogical!, he thought to himself, then, Oh, dear - Mirage's party...

Regaining his equilibrillum and composure, Shockwave spoke to Stratus: "I shall locate a laboratory with metallurgical spectroscopy equipment and then return here, unless you are willing to accompany me?"

-------------------------------------------------------------
Airborne over Protihex limits

"Taking bets on what, Turbofire?" Mirage asked, concentrating on the ship's controls. He had already noted the flying platform would be heavy, but had not realised just how sluggish it was to the helm.

Wheelie flicked his poingard through a dazzling swirl and sheathed it. "No!" he said most definitely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Airborne over Protihex limits

Post by Chip1123 »

"The time it takes to get there. If we'll come under fire. Whatever." Turbofire said to Mirage. "Anything to help pass the time."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Approaching Warehouse

Chopshop flew carrying Beastbox towards the Warehouse . Chop Shops IFF beacon had located the nearest senior Decepticon.

As they flew Beastbox played back screams and sounds of battle.

Chop Shop grimaced

"Stop that now, you know that freaks me out."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Hyperdrive mused at Doublecross' introduction. "Computer, identify."

His handheld computer crackled and spoke: "Doublecross.... Searching.... Searching.... One match found. Doublecross. Alligeance: Autobot. Subgroup: Monsterbot....." and babbled on more information.

Hyperdrive was little less than surprised. With an alternate mode like that, I could've sworn he's a Decep.

"Wait a sec." he told Doublecross on the line.

He dialed Bluestreak, "Hey Streaks, you know of a guy called Doublecross? He's coming this way. Should we fire?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

En route to Iacon

Mirage laughed softly. "Oh, Turbofire, I did not see you as a betting type of mech!" He coaxed a little more speed out of the platform and peered out of one side window towards the distant rise of Templar Heights, recalling he had an unfinished job there. When I return, he promised himself and said, "But we are all betting on the future of Cybertron, same as usual."

"Only bet we have ever made," Wheelie agreed, moving past Turbofire and into the cabin. "Only game we have ever played..."

------------------------------------------------------
Steelhaven

Turning to walk away from the medical bay, Shockwave reviewed the message sent to him by Razzle. It described a somewhat perverse methodology for obtaining leadership; not by force (the Decepticon way) or by possession of the Matrix (which appeared to be the Autobot way), but by display? Intrigued, he came to a decision:

'Please transmit further details of proposed campaign.'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Protihex

Razzle turned to Dazzle.

"We've got a bite."

He started transmitting some more information.

"Shockwave you are operating in an alien environment in Protihex . All the Decepticons here are here by choice in order to get them to follow you, you need their respect. If they don't want to follow you they can just leave the city or go elsewhere the city. Their is nothing you can do about that. The Autobots would stop any display of force. You have a couple of selling points, a history of leadership and a proven war record but their others with similar qualifications Onslaught for example. Also longer term you could you wantto think about expanding your traditional powerbase and attracting Autobot support. Also recent research shows an influx of criminals which will want to run Protihex their way. I suggest we position you as tough on crime and on putting old grievances behind them. Focus group research suggests employing at least one Autobot in your inner circle. Once you have secured leadership of the Decepticons we will enter hase two with elections for overall leader."
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

Approaching Warehouse

Krok was somewhat slower then Chop Shop. He also didn't want to put to much attention to his group.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

"I meant that you should stop sedating him," Shank told the medic. "It's very difficult to have a substantive conversation with someone who's being chemically 'calmed down'."

Warehouse

"If I knew, Road Hugger, we would currently be occupied beating them into submission," Onslaught said.

"Nah," Bluestreak told Hyperdrive, "let him be. Doublecross is the quartermaster back in Iacon. I figured him and I could swing a few trades, get rid of some of the superfluous stuff we've got stocked up in here and trade it for something a bit more immediately useful...like energon and shanix. He's coming to help me finish up our inventory."

Swindle saw a light begin to flash on one of his consoles and turned to see the sensor readings that showed Chop Shop, Krok and the rest of their crew moving toward the warehouse.

"Well, howdy there," he said over a comm line. "What brings you guys to Combaticonland?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Warehouse

Cross nodded

"We will wait yessssssss."

~*~

Chop Shop responded to Swindle

"We decided to opt out of the civil war and we thought Protihex is the best option. Who's in charge round here?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

"Got it." Hyperdrive said. His short-span attention meant that he thought Swindle would let Doublecross in if they could make a deal with the Monsterbot. And Bluestreak is going to do that.

"Doublecross, welcome to Combaticon territory. Sorry about the fuss, it's a security measure. I assume Bluestreak sent for you?" Hyperdrive said, putting front his best businessman voice.

To Hailstorm and Nightblade he said "Let's greet him."

"Greetings are fun. F-U-N. FUN! I love greetings. I also like JaAm! Hahahahaha!" (OOC: couldn't resist) the three of them flew down--well, Hyperdrive just jumped--to the ground.

"True..." Road Hugger said to Onslaught. "But as a strategist you surely have some idea who sent them?"

At this point Road Hugger's sensors showed that Hailstorm and Hyperdrive are on the ground.

"I think I'd better go check on Hyperdrive and Hailstorm. I don't really feel safe with Hyperdrive on the watch." Road Hugger transformed into his new vehicle mode--an Earthen lamborghini hybrid--Sweet. He thought as he sped out of the entrance.
Chip1123
Protoform

En route to Iacon

Post by Chip1123 »

"Like i said, just helping pass the time. " Turbofire replied back, leaning back a little in his chair. "Ain't no regulation out there, that I'm aware of anyways, that says we can't have fun a little bit in the process. I mean, what's the point of saving this place if we can't even enjoy simple things like a long drive, an energon bath, etc." He asked Mirage and Wheelie.