Captain Britain and MI:13

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
electro girl

Captain Britain and MI:13

Post by electro girl »

I've recently gotten into Captain Britain after buying his Secret Invasion storyline on holiday and I really enjoyed it. I bought Hell comes to Birmingham yesterday and also found that particularly good, I especially enjoyed Captain Midlands the super soldier with piles. So does anyone else enjoy Captain Britain? I've never read any stories before Secret Invasion so if there are any you'd recomend that'd be great, also it's given me an interest about learning more about UK heroes as well as S.H.E.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm a big fan of Captain Britain, and thus wouldn't touch him being written by Paul cocking Cornell* with a bargepole, especially as it comes via that bastard Claremont. Captain Midlands was shockingly bad in Wisdom, much like the rest of the comic - superstud Pete ****ing a fairy and bonding with some ****ing kid, John the Comedy Skrull, all of it shite bordering on Raab-level character rape. Warren Ellis killed the character off specifically because he didn't want him ****ed once again, and what does Joe Q do...?

* = He wrote a few decent books ten years ago, but isn't up to much more than endorsed fanfic.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I've got the whole run of this and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought Cornell did a very good job with this, and I even enjoyed Wisdom when I read it.

Typical that Marvel cancels the one series I'm actually buying. I've heard it may come back as a mini I just hope they don't wait too long.