Anyone up for some TFWW IDing and/or speculation?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Anyone up for some TFWW IDing and/or speculation?

Post by Cliffjumper »

These are the ones so far I'm having trouble coming up with any answers for, besides the clear genrics/Diaclone homages: -

#4:

The two green robots as Starscream says "Dead. A tragic..." with Motormaster and Dead End

The three purple/red tanks in Icaon... I've had a stab at one being Quake... any other ideas?

The green robot and red femme looking one [Elita-1?] in the frame with Broadside and a peaky looking Hun-Grr

The guy to the immediate left of Jazz' hand in the following frame - do I hear anyone agreeing with Pipes [based on what seems to be a configuration similarity to Huffer].

The red/yellow bike firing at the Omega Sentinels in the frame with Chopshop in vehicle mode.

The guy on the left of the folowing frame

Cheers muchly! I'll probably have some more from #5 & #6 in a bit :)
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Lemme get me copies from me room...copies got, here we go

Perhaps the two smaller bots, the gree and blue ones in with B'side could be cassette bots?

And Bombshell...DAMN YOU!!!
Bombshell

Re: Anyone up for some TFWW IDing and/or speculation?

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper

#4:

The two green robots as Starscream says "Dead. A tragic..." with Motormaster and Dead End

Runamuck and Runabout.

The three purple/red tanks in Icaon... I've had a stab at one being Quake... any other ideas?

Quake, Brawl and Onslaught.

The green robot and red femme looking one [Elita-1?] in the frame with Broadside and a peaky looking Hun-Grr
I think that they're supposed to be generic femmes. BTW, "Hun-Grrr" is based on the Diaclone Robot fortress-X.

The guy to the immediate left of Jazz' hand in the following frame - do I hear anyone agreeing with Pipes [based on what seems to be a configuration similarity to Huffer].
According to Benson Yee, it's supposed to be Beachcomber.

The red/yellow bike firing at the Omega Sentinels in the frame with Chopshop in vehicle mode.
Once again according to Benson Yee, it's supposed to be Tantrum.
The guy on the left of the folowing frame
Beats me.

*EDIT*

HA! Beat Zarak to it!

:D :p

*EDIT #2*

I can't spell. :p
Cliffjumper

Re: Re: Anyone up for some TFWW IDing and/or speculation?

Post by Cliffjumper »

Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Is it me, or does Motormaster change colour from brown to his usual colours of purple and black?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Lord Zarak
Is it me, or does Motormaster change colour from brown to his usual colours of purple and black?

I think they did him brown because of the continuity issues. Note that Swindle is brown, too, and Runamuck and Runabout are green instead of black and white. When they did #5, I think they decided to junk the continuity issue, and do him normally. Although, if you ask me, having Grimlock and the Constructicons on Cybertron kinda already tosses out the continuity issue, depending on which one you intend to follow. (Cartoon, US Comic, UK Comic, etc.)
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Very true.

I suppose it's good the way they have created their own continuity. I wonder if they would link their G1 in with TWW and any sequels they may prode=uce
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I suppose it's good the way they have created their own continuity. I wonder if they would link their G1 in with TWW and any sequels they may prode=uce

I think they kinda already did that. Remember Bluestreak's rant in G1 Vol 2 #1? Sounds like it was ripped off of TWW to me. (Yeah, I know it's part of the character's backstory, but come on, doesn't it sound like it was ripped from TWW to you?)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, shoehorning TF:WW into Marvel UK stuff is a bit of a reach... while you can come up with "rebuilding" stuff for the combiners, which aren't created until Earth and charatcer models aren't really an issue, , Optimus' character and ascension is too irreconcilable, IMHO...
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Originally posted by Bombshell
I think they kinda already did that. Remember Bluestreak's rant in G1 Vol 2 #1? Sounds like it was ripped off of TWW to me. (Yeah, I know it's part of the character's backstory, but come on, doesn't it sound like it was ripped from TWW to you?)

Havent got it yet, not got the money to pay Big M, too busy drinking away my student loan and relying on parents to get me through
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Really? Well, I got it. Here's the quote.

"Do you know what it was like to watch helplessly as they burned my home city to the ground? They slaughtered thousands. Not soldiers - civilians! A city full of merchants and taders who didn't know the frist thing about fighting. All in the name of conquest - Decepticon conquest!"

Like I said, I know this is part of the character's backstory (as seen in his TFU profile), but (AFAIK) neither the cartoon or original comic ever made a reference to it.
Lord Zarak

AFAIK-eh?

Post by Lord Zarak »

Ah, I see. D'you think DW will characterise the characters to the original profiles, or will they make up their own, or both?
Bombshell

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

Post by Bombshell »

Ah, I see. D'you think DW will characterise the characters to the original profiles, or will they make up their own, or both?

Well, I have the first two MTMTE Proflie books, and some of them are similar to their original profiles (Bluestreak, The Combatacons, Chromedome, Cosmos, Grimlock), while others are slightly different, most likely because of DW making up their own continuity. (Blitzwing and Broadside's profiles state that they underwent the Triple Changer process by Shockwave, while Battletrap and Flywheels' proflies state them as being failed attempts by Shocky to create Transformers with three modes and Fortress Maximus and Ultra Magnus being co-Autobt leaders after Prime left..) Of course, considering over half of the characters to be included in these profiles never really got a TFU profile (or basic info aside from Tech Specs), I think they're free to do whatever they want. Case in point, seeing as how the Miicromaster patrols are being done as individual profiles instead of group ones, it leaves for a fair bit of speculation about those characters, since for the longest time we've only known about them by way of their tech specs, which focused on the team as a group, instead of it's individaul members.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Broadside, eh? Interesting, very interesting indeed.

So basically, they have a license to do what they want?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

So basically, they have a license to do what they want?

Well, if that were true, we would have gotten the profile books much sooner, am I right? :p

But seriously, I think that as long as they don't majorly mess with continuity (which they could SO have done when it came to Goldbug, considering his conflicting origins), I don't think they could get into any hot soup.

And besides, when it comes to the Triple Changers, while there was never any mention they were created by Shockwave, there's no proof to deny that theory, either.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

I think when I get my copies, it would be worth studying themquite closely. After all, another source of character info is good for RPG's so long as they dont mess them up either.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I think when I get my copies, it would be worth studying themquite closely. After all, another source of character info is good for RPG's so long as they dont mess them up either.

I know. I've already updated my profiles of Darkwing and Dreadwnd with info from MTMTE #2. :)

And from what I see, they really didn't do anything obviously bad to their charcter descriptions...at least nothing that can't be overlooked.

And has anyone else noticed how far off track this topic has gotten? :p
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

I blame you, Bombers :D
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I blame you, Bombers :D
*tries to figure out a way to blame this on Zarak*

*fails miserably*

Ah, danit! :p
Lord Zarak