New 6" Titaniums at Target (and Meijer) - Cheetor and Fallen confirmed

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Target endcap for 6" Titaniums confirmed

Post by Nevermore »

For those of you who haven't heard yet, the 6" Titanium line is pretty much dead. Cheetor, Fallen, War Within Magnus, G1 Magnus, War Within Megatron and Sunstorm were only ever available from online retailers and specialty stores for US buyers (although some of them did come out in Canada and Europe).

At BotCon, Hasbro displayed Primal Prime (Optimal Optimus repaint) and Soundblaster (G1 Soundwave repaint) and said those would still be coming out, and we also saw a test shot (?) of War Within Prowl. Also, Menasor (G1 Rodimus Prime repaint) is going to be available as a San Diego Comic-Con/Hasbro Toy Shop exclusive this week. However, the G1/War Within Shockwave, G1 Arcee, War Within/Classics Cosmos and War Within Bumblebee resin prototypes displayed during the Hasbro tour at BotCon will most likely never go into production.

Now, it seems Target will carry the remaining six-inchers as endcap exclusives, similar to the Universe Ultras last year.

Thanks to Dark Magnus of TFW2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost. ... ostcount=1
Just an FYI to all board members, Target is doing their fall reset for Toys THE WEEK OF AUGUST 5TH. Ultimate Bumblebee will be featured on an endcap beginning that week as well.

So I was browsing at the new planogram for boys action and saw something interesting. An item on the planogram has a DPCI of 087-06-0413 and the description in the line listing was "Transformers G1". Checked the DPCI and it isn't Jazz, could be Starscream. But get this, the picture on the product image (a mockup of how the aisle will look fully stocked) page shows a 6-inch titanium box!

Could Titaniums make a brief comeback to Target shelves in early August? I will report back tomorrow morning after I do some more investigating at work tonight.

EDIT: A quick search of the forums yielded this post by Nevermore http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpo...65&postcount=1. The DPCI matches the old on for the 6-inch Titanium figures. Keep in mind, DPCIs are recycled, but chances are good this DPCI is for 6-inch Titaniums
And:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost. ... stcount=38
The description is "Transformers 6" G1". Price is $15.99, right in line with what titaniums would go for, and the shelf space alotted for them is 8 inches wide, just about the right size for the base of a 6 inch titanium box. I think it's safe to say Titaniums are retuning to Target shelves in 2 weeks.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Springer007

Re: Target endcap for 6" Titaniums confirmed

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Nevermore
For those of you who haven't heard yet, the 6" Titanium line is pretty much dead. Cheetor, Fallen, War Within Magnus, G1 Magnus, War Within Megatron and Sunstorm were only ever available from online retailers and specialty stores for US buyers (although some of them did come out in Canada and Europe).

At BotCon, Hasbro displayed Primal Prime (Optimal Optimus repaint) and Soundblaster (G1 Soundwave repaint) and said those would still be coming out, and we also saw a test shot (?) of War Within Prowl. Also, Menasor (G1 Rodimus Prime repaint) is going to be available as a San Diego Comic-Con/Hasbro Toy Shop exclusive this week. However, the G1/War Within Shockwave, G1 Arcee, War Within/Classics Cosmos and War Within Bumblebee resin prototypes displayed during the Hasbro tour at BotCon will most likely never go into production.

Now, it seems Target will carry the remaining six-inchers as endcap exclusives, similar to the Universe Ultras last year.

Thanks to Dark Magnus of TFW2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost. ... ostcount=1

And:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost. ... stcount=38

I think this is why I hate the movie line coming out the most, our most favorite of lines: alternators and titaniums are now off shelves. i was lucky to see a Rodimus Prime and Scourge mold or two at stores nearby, but I am dissappointed that they have dropped the line of Titaniums completely. They seem intent on keeping the horrid Starwars Transformers in stock though, and that irks me to the extreme. And alas, no Targets closeby till maybe next summer or two, so us here in the deep south are pretty much screwed over when it comes to TF stock, unless said ordering from retailers online......
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Frankly, I am not really that suprised. The Titaniums (For the most part) were a great series. The reason that the Star Wars TFs are still alive and kicking is because Star Wars is a cash cow, and considering there is no movies coming out, it's one of the last ways to keep Star Wars in toy form.

This is also why I hate movies in general. When a Spiderman movie comes out, the Spiderman toys get put on hiatus, and then every annoying little kid has to have a Spiderman. Same thing happened with the TF movie, dissolving other lines.

But there is even worse effects: Availablity of the toys in general. In my county, I was one of the few people who bought TFs from Walmart, leaving a lot left. Now because of the movie, I'm lucky to buy a Fast Action Battler.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Huh. Looks like it's just Soundwave and Rodimus Prime for now.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost. ... stcount=48
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I stopped by my Target today (which hasn't carried Titaniums for several months), and they didn't have the endcap set up, but did have a bunch on the shelf. I picked up Starscream (new favorite 6" I think), but RID Prime was still there as well. Looks promising! Any, any, ANY chance that Fallen and the like will make it to the shelf, or is that out of the question?
der2

Post by der2 »

If by chance Primal Prime should make it onto the shelf could someone oblige me in getting him, tho that seems highly unlikely at the moment.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

It seems to be happening. Found a Fallen and BM Cheetor at a nearby Target. Picked up Fallen.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

The Fallen is the only Titanium have any interest in, talk about a lame line.
RID Scourge

Re: Target endcap for 6" Titaniums confirmed

Post by RID Scourge »

However, the G1/War Within Shockwave, G1 Arcee, War Within/Classics Cosmos and War Within Bumblebee resin prototypes displayed during the Hasbro tour at BotCon will most likely never go into production.

That's a shame. All of those would be pretty cool to see. I'm hoping a few get slated for Classics 2.0. They'd probably be sturdier in plastic, too.

Never found G1 Magnus. Maybe they'll reuse the mold for another line . . .
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Pun-3X
It seems to be happening. Found a Fallen and BM Cheetor at a nearby Target. Picked up Fallen.

Ah, good show! (Was the pun (pun again!) intentional?)

Would like to get The Fallen and Sunstorm, but short of cash and only seeing them on eBay in the UK. Anyone any idea if a store over here has some at reasonable cost? I can see none at Argos...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimum
Protoform

Post by optimum »

I saw Soundwave and Rodimus Prime the other day at Toys R us so I guess those are the current Titaniums that are being released. Hopfully Target will get a few more but if the display chart says those are the only two for now than maybe that's it.
JDandCoke7
Protoform

Post by JDandCoke7 »

Originally posted by Clogs
Ah, good show! (Was the pun (pun again!) intentional?)

Would like to get The Fallen and Sunstorm, but short of cash and only seeing them on eBay in the UK. Anyone any idea if a store over here has some at reasonable cost? I can see none at Argos...

Have you tried Forbidden Planet Clogs? The London store usually has a cart-load of Titaniums. Going down there tomorrow to see whats left.

JD
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by JDandCoke7
Have you tried Forbidden Planet Clogs? The London store usually has a cart-load of Titaniums. Going down there tomorrow to see whats left.

JD

Dit moi on your return, please!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JDandCoke7
Protoform

Post by JDandCoke7 »

Mmph - me and my big gob. It appears that they've cleared out most of the lines to cater for the Movie stuff. Only a handful of 3" (Thundercracker, Unicron and Galvatron) and no 6" at all.

JD
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Oh, six inches was just the perfect size, too ;)

Guess it'll be eBay or Amazon, then - unless I can Goog something up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

So if Titaniums is dead does that mean we won't get War Within Prowl, Grimlock et al that we've already seen? How come this line has been cancelled? I thought it was doing well!

What's the future for the Classics too? I know there were some designs shown recently but are these ever gonna see the light of day?

What's in the future then? The Animated show toys which I think look fantastic, other movie toys and toys for the inevitable movie sequel? What else? Anyone know?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Neuronutter
So if Titaniums is dead does that mean we won't get War Within Prowl, Grimlock et al that we've already seen?

Accordsing to Hasbro, all the toys we've seen (other than the grey resins shown during the Hasbro tour at BotCon) will be released.
How come this line has been cancelled? I thought it was doing well!
Well, you thought wrong. Or Hasbro deliberately cancelled a top-selling line just to piss off their customers. Pick the one you think makes more sense.
What's the future for the Classics too? I know there were some designs shown recently but are these ever gonna see the light of day?
There will be a new "Universe" line that is internally referred to as "Classics 2.0" by Hasbro. It's essentially the continuation of the Classics line. Hasbro showed the first designs at SDCC, but those wills till be a while off until they get released.
What's in the future then? The Animated show toys which I think look fantastic, other movie toys and toys for the inevitable movie sequel? What else? Anyone know?

Animated and Universe. And more Robot Heroes.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Accordsing to Hasbro, all the toys we've seen (other than the grey resins shown during the Hasbro tour at BotCon) will be released.

Well, you thought wrong. Or Hasbro deliberately cancelled a top-selling line just to piss off their customers. Pick the one you think makes more sense.

Whoa guess I was wrong. Didn't realise it was so bad to be misinformed! I thought that the fact that the Titaniums had appeared in Argos in the UK might mean that they were doing well. I don't have any info on anywhere else so colour me wrong!
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Originally posted by Neuronutter
Whoa guess I was wrong. Didn't realise it was so bad to be misinformed! I thought that the fact that the Titaniums had appeared in Argos in the UK might mean that they were doing well. I don't have any info on anywhere else so colour me wrong!

It is in Nevermores case as far as hes concerned if you dont know as much as him(which is everything btw) you are a worthless piece of scum oh and the same applies if you have an opinion which differs from his on something then you are quite simply just plain wrong.
I got it tight from him a couple of times when I joined up because Id been away from TFs for a while and came back without filling in all the blanks in between and lack of knowledge will not be tolerated.
He doesnt seem to realise that people may not have been collecting solidly since the early 80s or have all day to trawl the net researching stuff.
Im beginning to think he might be German and as for that picture....
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by martyboy70
It is in Nevermores case as far as hes concerned if you dont know as much as him(which is everything btw) you are a worthless piece of scum oh and the same applies if you have an opinion which differs from his on something then you are quite simply just plain wrong.
I got it tight from him a couple of times when I joined up because Id been away from TFs for a while and came back without filling in all the blanks in between and lack of knowledge will not be tolerated.
He doesnt seem to realise that people may not have been collecting solidly since the early 80s or have all day to trawl the net researching stuff.
Im beginning to think he might be German and as for that picture....

That's a nice attitude to have - anyone who knows less than me is scum. Guess that puts most in that category on some things. How nice to see that this place fosters thoughtfullness and the free sharing of information.