TFArchive.com Direct Connect Hub Online Now !

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

TFArchive.com Direct Connect Hub Online Now !

Post by TFArchive »

Hi everyone, I ran into a new file sharing program that might help people find TF eps.

I'm fairly new to it but here is what I can figure out about it so far. Basically you connect to a hub (sometimes difficult) and then you have access to every user on the hub's files. Sometimes several Terabytes :).

So what I was thinking is how about a TF hub, where you can get TF episodes? So I have set one up to see how it works.

You can get the client here:

http://www.neo-modus.com

Just install it and set it up, then connect to tfarchivedc.dyn.dhs.org. Then it will load a list of people online and what they have available, then you can search for an ep or connect to the users directly to download.

Let me know how this works for you, I'm interested to find another sharing method since, Morpheus is dead for now.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
Denyer

Sounds cool...

Post by Denyer »

...wonder whether I can get it working through our firewalls? Hmmm. Shall have to try when I get a bit of time...

[BTW, made this sticky.]
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

hmmmm.....

I'm gonna give this a try this weekend.
join me on myspace!!!! http://www.myspace.com/jezzy_bravo

if you get chance check out my eBay auctions...... http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjezzy_bravoQQhtZ-1
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I tried Direct Connect, but couldn't make heads or tails of it.
Ultra Magnus
Protoform

Post by Ultra Magnus »

never mind fixed it turned to passive mode
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Brendan, you are undoubtedly, Tha Man. I can't express how much thanks I have for you having this great collection of eps. I think Direct Connect is alot better than kazza. Definately a whole lot easiar to find the episodes you need
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Well there should be people willing to share... It´s almost empty at the moment, so if someone´s after japanese episodes now´s your chance. Brendan seems to have complete Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory series available.

Actually there´s already one quite popular transformers hub. So it might be hard to get a new one started. Let´s hope for the best. :)

Edit: There´s also possibility to chat. I´ll leave my computer on, there are some subtitled BW2 episodes if someone´s interested.
Style
Protoform

Post by Style »

I am currently hosting BWNeo, BWII, RiD, X-MEn, X-MEn Evo, Silver Surfer, Some movies and some mp3's. Go-Bots Movie, I have tons of others on CD and i will cycle through them all.
um - hello
Almagnus1
Protoform

Post by Almagnus1 »

I myself have been on lime wire quite a bit, it seems to work well, which is a bonus seeing how my computer is behind a router (not to mention a few other things that really hurt file transferring)

--Edit
Working on a workaround for the previous problems, but when that happens, I'll share almost all of G1 S3 and most of BW

--Edit
Got it! If your having trouble viewing other people's direcetories, goto settings, connection tab, and select the passive mode option, works like a charm now (now all i have to do is watch my hard drive space . . . . :D
Jonin
Protoform

Questions and plea for opinions...

Post by Jonin »

What is the hub's "minimum" amount to fileshare?

I just was reading up on the program and a lot of negative reviews at Cnet were based upon the fact you need to share usually 3 gigs of stuff, the program has Aureate/Radiate's Spyware, and it allows users to "browse" your Hard drive...that last part especially bugs me. :(

I just have a 12 gig Hard drive...there's no way I could have that much stuff to offer, my TF files currently equal 600 megs on my HD, and I usually burn the stuff to cd that I get when it hits about 700 megs in the event of HD failure/viruses etc.

The eps I'm looking for are the Japanese series, mainly Victory, and I use Limewire as the early version I have contains no Spyware whatsoever. :cool:

I've found no other websites that carry them, so when TFArchive had to cut those eps out due to hosting costs I was lost.

The only other spot that has them that I know of is on Dalnet on irc #transformers, but the queues are so high on there for the Japanese eps that it's not funny!

I've downloaded DirectConnect but I'm seriously debating on whether to install it or not... :o
--------
=Jonin=
--------
Jonin's DeviantArt Page
--------
TFArchive

Post by TFArchive »

there are no minimum share requirements on the hub.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
Jonin
Protoform

Post by Jonin »

Okeydoke! I might give it a try out then, I have the Ad-Aware program installed now and that can clear out the Spyware/Adware if I should decide to nix it. Thanks! :)
--------
=Jonin=
--------
Jonin's DeviantArt Page
--------
Cyclone Prime
Protoform

Post by Cyclone Prime »

I'm using this now to dl...
Pretty good. Thanks a lot everyone that's sharing!
"To lead the Autobots and the Decepticons together is my destiny!"
-Cyclone Prime
Ultra Magnus
Protoform

Post by Ultra Magnus »

is it working right now can not get in
TFArchive

Post by TFArchive »

My cable is down right now, no ETA for repair (or course).

I'll get the hub working on my dial up, but I won't be able to share anything :(
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
TFArchive

Post by TFArchive »

Cable's back, go figure.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
Stormbringer
Protoform

Post by Stormbringer »

I can never get a free slot :(
Stormbringer /storm.bring.ah/ v.n. 1. to stop a conversation 2. An individual who repeatedly is the source of halted conversations

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
Style
Protoform

Post by Style »

I have trouble connecting to the hub...it says connecting then it says disconnected from teh hub and im behind a firewall but i put it in passive mode...anyone?
um - hello
TFArchive

Post by TFArchive »

In Settings/Connection, check Use Direct Connect in Passive mode. Then try to connect
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
Style
Protoform

Post by Style »

That's what i do but it comes up with

<Client> Direct Connect 1.0 Preview Build 9.1
<Client> Connecting To tfarchivedc.dyn.dhs.org:411
<Hub-Security> This hub is running version 1.0.25 of the NeoModus Direct Connect Hub Software.
<Client> Disconnected From Hub

and i can't connect
um - hello