Earth X

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
angloconvoy

Earth X

Post by angloconvoy »

Just bought the earth X trade paperback the other day. For those not in the know its a marvel story set in the future of the marvel universe, where the whole of mankind now has powers and the heroes of yesterday are dead, retired, or shadows of their former selves. Its similar in theme I guess to DCs Kingdom Come storyline, a future where things haven't worked out as well as expected. The similarities are increased by alex ross' contributions to the artwork in both stories. Anyway, being a fan of the marvel universe, and what if scenarios in general, I've been wanting to take a look at earth x for a while. It didn't disappoint on any level. The art fit fantastically with the feel of the story, the script avoided being melodramatic while retaining the elements of the "classic" style of marvel scripting, and the story turned out to be much more than I'd hoped for, with its mix of classic marvel, existential questions about the nature of morality, and tales of triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity. Just the sort of thing that I love to read every once in a while. Its kinda pricy, but considering what the back issues are gonna cost you these days, its well worth it. I'd recommend any fans of marvel comics who haven't read it take a look.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I got #1 and it was nifty, but basically I don't have the munky for a TPB right now :(
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Next time you do this'd be well worth it. There's more than enough about ff x-men and avengers to keep you hapy