All Hail Megatron #7 cover

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

All Hail Megatron #7 cover

Post by Denyer »

http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4885

I don't normally comment much in top posts, just posting the news, but it does seem from first impressions as if issues #1-6 were / will be superfluous.
&quot wrote:Oh FFS...

...please tell me we've moved further in the story than this by issue 7?!

Jeebus, drip feed much?

And Mirage as a suspect, well whoopie-de-doo... just beause he's Mirage and his tech-specs say such and such...

There better be some good / half decent rationale or back story for this...

...again though, lovely cover - AHM's finest features by far thus far.
Mmm. That. After the first few issues, I doubt very much that there are a huge number of plot curve-balls coming.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Is it me or do there seem to be an awful lot of covers of the Autobots standing about on Cybertron pulling faces at one another?

And is zhgingaah Zigzagger's evil twin?
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

The cover looks fine, but then most of issues with AHM have been with the quality of the writing.

Andy
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

But it must be Mirage - his eyes are yellow not blue!!!!

... why the yomtov are their eyes glowing anyway?
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

KJ at the IDW board wrote:Ironhide: 'That 'bot you kissed may have looked liked a fembot, but it was a MANBOT.'

Mirage: 'I'm gonna be sick. Blaurrgh'
For the win.
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

Mirage looking like he's about to toss energon cookies is the first thing that came to mind for me, too.

I think there might be a rush to judgment based on the cover. The traitor could be out and it could be a fight over something else, or maybe Mirage was unwittingly the traitor, and just found out himself, etc. There's not really a lot to go on.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maybe Mirage was branded the traitor? I mean, even Shane isn't that stupid to make us wait until #7 to introduce Mirage as the traitor. Maybe he is, I don't know...

Honestly, I prefer that someone like Downshift or Punch to be the traitor...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Blackjack wrote:
Honestly, I prefer that someone like Downshift or Punch to be the traitor...

Punch? That would be like IDW doing a comic where Doubledealer turning out to be a Decepticon spy was supposed to be a big twist. Just craaaaaaaaaaazy.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

So, it's either an insult to our intelligence after all (i.e. it is Mirage wot dun it it is a fair cop gov 'cos it hav to be him) or another cover that doesn't quite relate to the story and, in fact, this is Ironhide duking Mirage because... I dunno... he's told the rest of them who the traitor is? - he already threw up over Ironhide's boots?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

and its another cover where I have to ask "WTF is up with the legs?" Indeed whose legs are they in the bottom right corner, because if they are Mirage's, he's one hell of a contortionist, doing the splits or Ironhide has smacked him so hard his spine has revolved 180 degrees
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clogs wrote:another cover that doesn't quite relate to the story
How many TF covers do, though? IDW's have been an improvement (often featuring the shock appearance of characters who're inside the actual comic), but the general emphasis is still on kewl poses and explosions...