KIMOTA! Miracleman to return in 2014!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

KIMOTA! Miracleman to return in 2014!

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Seems to be an agreement to not mention Moore, but the reprints should start from the beginning properly.

First Marvel comics I'm likely to pick up as they're first released in quite some years.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Denyer wrote:Seems to be an agreement to not mention Moore, but the reprints should start from the beginning properly.

First Marvel comics I'm likely to pick up as they're first released in quite some years.
I read that Moore doesn't want much or anything to with any major American publishers because of the policies of the G.W. Bush admininstartion, and the problems that he's had at the major comic book companies (namely DC and Marvel but I think at other companies).

I THINK he's also said that he's kind of regretted writtng books likeMarvel/Miracleman and Watchmen because every other creator and company copied it and kept going grimdark through the 80s, 90s, and still staying that way to this day.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I am so excited!!! I'm definitely getting these as they come out and I'm probably going to get the collected books too. This might be the greatest comic book news of the last decade.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I will believe this when new material is in my hands. Joe Quesada's a lying twat.

But I am pretty excited anyway.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I have issue #1 and #2 comes out Wednesday. So happy!
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Waiting for the trades myself; don't really have the funds to support the singles as well, sadly. The recolouring I've glimpsed looks fantastic... just got fingers crossed that they're not stupid enough to dick with #9 considering we've already had a (minor, unimportant) edit for nudity.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Strange thing, the reprint issue is handled really poorly in the first HC. Framing sequence is still there, with the guys cleaning out the lab, but the reprint sequences are absent. I get the point of it all, I guess, but the bits with the two workmen don't seem so incredibly important as to stand on their own.

Because it's literally:

"Hey, look at this!"
"Bit Mickey Mouse, you ask me."
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Got the collected version in the end... feels a bit cramped in US format and the colouring looks odd in places, not being drawn for it. Overall came out nicely though.
AndrewDTurnbull

Post by AndrewDTurnbull »

Have the first HC, second on it's way after payday.

Great to have it in a decent copy, and really enjoyed the backmatter that was included. This made the fact it was only four issues less of a bugbear to my innate Scottish tightness.