[movie] New TV spot! / finalised movie poster images

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

New TV spot!

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMjxfQa6K3g

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/sho ... p?t=270472

edit: Denyer --

Finalised posters, apparently. Ryan's diced the images into a variety of sizes for people to use, and they aren't watermarked:

http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=10034
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Apriorion
Protoform

Post by Apriorion »

When he speaks, Prime's head moves around too much, reminding me more of a marionette than of an alien robot. I hope that this is an isolated event in the film. I often find that CG characters are made slightly too expressive in just this way, betraying their artificiality in the tragic attempt to look more lifelike.
|-((P->Q)->P)->P
|-(P->Q)v(Q->P)
|-(P<->Q)<->((PvQ)&~(P&Q))
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This seems to have come from a survey site preview, so it's not finalised by any stretch.

(That said, I don't think CGI is quite advanced enough yet to pull this off.)
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Just my luck, the video isn't available anymore! Damn Paramount and their secrecy!
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

To be fair, this isn't finished stuff intended for release.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=129831
numbat

Post by numbat »

I'm glad I watched it before going to bed yesterday!

That trailer got me going far better than any of the previous ones (finished or unfinished) - and it was great to see Prime speak!

The more snippets of the 'bots I see, the less I can wait to see this film!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Well, I managed to download it to my computer before folks started to take it down, and as stated earlier, it seems pretty obvious that this is an incomplete product. The shots of Prime still look rather sprite-like, and out of place in contrast to the scenery and the actors the CG model is interacting with. The mouth will take a little getting use to, but it's...okay. Yeah, that definitely resembles Cullen's voice, just heavily distorted and slowed down. Hard to say, since it's a quick snippet of him saying - "My name is Optimus Prime" (fanboys are going to be reciting that for the next few months now, huh? ;)...or not.). Oh...and we get to see the backside of Blackout. Now, that's the 'bot I want to see more animated shots of - it's just a neat design.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Doesn't anybody find it strange that we're still short of a finalized version of *anything*? It's like every video that comes out or every thirty minutes that get shown to people have a small little caption that says it's not finalized. The movie hits some theaters on late June, a tad more than two months ahead...
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's CG. As long as they have some high-quality renders for the promotional materials, the film itself could be in post-production until a week or so before it ships.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

Prime's mouth does look slightly odd in how flesh-like it is. I always liked the look of the film, in that they were using many pieces to create a flesh-like illusion rather than simulate it with plastic as the cartoons and comics have also done. Whilst I don't mind Prime having a mouth, it does look very out-of-place, especially when we compare it to Jazz or Megatron. I hope this is simply because it's an early simulation.

Still, it was good to hear Peter Cullen speak. His age gives Prime a sense of wisdom too. This incarnation of the character isn't just a military leader: he's a king fighting his former military commander, as it were. Lastly, another detail I liked is how Blackout's helicopter blades folded down, like a cape.
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

Cullen's voice doesn't really resemble his G1 style but then again, it's only a snippet and it's likely pre-production. The director gets the last say on whether he plays John Wayne or anything else. Either way, ******g sweet.
________
Waterbongs
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

his has a mouth.. ahh man.... now why did they have to go and to that...just when i was thinking to myself that they might be able to pull this off, they have to go and do this.. oh well.. yeah i do agree the voice doesn't sound the same..when i met him at the past botcon he sounded the same.. maybe its the sound quality of the clip.. but yeah those lips have to go...
One shall stand, One shall fall...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Prime's had a mouth quite frequently over the years, and I have to say I like the idea of a mouth with optional faceplate.

But, hey, everyone likes different things, and I do agree Prime always looks best with the plate on!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

It would be nice for Optimus Prime to have the 'fixed' G1 iconic faceplate, but later cartoons, which the younger generation are more liable to have encountered, go for the more friendly mouth+. Optimus Primal had a face and mouth, but then, he wasn't the original. I think the newer CGI series, with such basic animation, do have to go for a mouth or else OP'd just stand there and wouldn't be the obvious speaker, but I don't really like it as its so badly done.

But lips here are so.... well.... funny Fangirl fiction, y'know?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Finalised posters, apparently. Ryan's diced the images into a variety of sizes for people to use, and they aren't watermarked:

http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=10034
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Do you know how awesome it would if Unicron was in the background of the posters. Just a thought:D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Skidmark
Do you know how awesome it would if Unicron was in the background of the posters. Just a thought:D

Probably not so awesome, as he's not in the film, it'd probably just piss a lot of people off.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

You might be right. Better wait till the sequel or prequel.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Or they could do an Equal, the Shock Treatment to the first films Rocky Horror. Orson Welles in fish net stockings.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

"I'm just unaccountable millions of years old,
Truely awsome to behold.
And somebody should be told,
My hunger hasn't been controlled.
The only thing I've come to trust
Is the taste of planets' crusts.
Rose tint my world
Keep me free from this sorrow and pain."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]