Children In Need Mastermind

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Children In Need Mastermind

Post by inflatable dalek »

Heads up for those in the UK, this is on now on BBC1, with questions on Transformers coming up (seemingly with the last contestant as the third is doing some dull author related stuff).

I missed the start (having been called in by someone else watching) but I'm assuming it's a celebrity version as the guy who just started described himself as a "presenter", if it winds up on the I Player I'll provide a link later.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
inflatable dalek

"I regret to say you got quite a good score".

I got virtually all of those (bar the last two Ultimate Doom questions, the researcher didn't seem to have put a huge amount of effort in as I think they were mostly first season and virtually all from the two three parters). Even if he had thought it was beneath "proper" Mastermind would it have hurt John Humphries to check out the pronunciations beforehand? The mangled Insecticon question was a bit unfair on the contestant (though I still got that one right, take that!).

And as they start the General Knowledge bit, Humphries is being even more mocking ("I'm not even going to ask about the Constructions"), to a similar level as when he had to do that Doctor Who special a few years ago.
JDandCoke7
Protoform

Post by JDandCoke7 »

JDandCoke7
Protoform

Post by JDandCoke7 »

Wasn't that one of the guys from those [expletive deleted] Pot Noodle adverts?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yes it is comedian Jarred Christmas off of New Zealand

...today i are pointing out the blindingly obvious.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

And your starting question...:

Who spoke first, Fastlane or Carbreaker?

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I don't think Christmas could quite believe he had elected to answer questions about an 80s kids cartoon about transforming robots after Russell Kane had just answered a load of questions about a, y'know, "proper" subject.

Humphreys should've definitely have asked this...

Which is correct: RIRFIB or RIBFIR?

I've started it, it'll never finish... :deadhorse:
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Skyquake87 wrote:Yes it is comedian Jarred Christmas off of New Zealand

Ah, they were celebrities then? A slightly shite selection considering Mastermind is a "proper" quiz and CiN usually gets the big hitters. Still, anything that doesn't involve newsreaders singing and dancing (which was only funny once in the whole of human history, the when Morecambe and Wise did it with Angela Rippon. Though in fairness the "There's nothing like a dame" one they did a few years later is probably funnier if you're old enough to have a clue who half the people in it are). That always makes me want to go out, find some children and stamp in their faces whilst shouting "Terry Wogan made me do this!".

I did think this Christmas chap could team up with Kevin Smith so they could be the before and after pictures for a successful dieting campaign.

I also think it's a salient lesson to us all that the Transformers fan came third out of four.