I got played.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
RID Scourge

I got played.

Post by RID Scourge »

Let me tell you a story. I liked this girl, and it appeared that she liked me. She told me that she wanted to take things slow, and told me stories about guys that were too fast for her. On top of that, she told me that she wanted to be friends with a guy before anything serious happened. So, being the idiot that I was, I slowed down, and gave her the time she needed.

Last night, it all went to hell. She said to me, "I have something I should tell you, I think. It doesn't change anything, but I think you should know it." At first, I thought this could be bad, but then I saw the part about it not changing anything, so I thought she might just want to get it out in the open that she liked me.

I was horribly wrong. She told me she only wanted to be my friend. Now I thought to myself "OK, it cool, she just doesn't like me that way." Then I heard the bad news. She followed it up by telling me that she met this guy a short time ago, and within 4 days, they were seeing each other. This really made me angry because she told me to slow down, but obviously she didn't tell that to this guy. That's just f*cked up.

A little bit later, she told me that he was giving up a job in San Francisco so that he could be with her until she graduates. Did I mention that they had only known each other for 4 days?

On top of that, I was just about to ask her out on Valentine's day. It doesn't hurt that I lost her as much as how I lost her. I still don't think I've realized the magnatude of it, so I'm not wholly disappointed, but my pride is enraged. I expect to get worse as what happened finally hits me.

I just wanted you guys to know this just in case I feel a bit down or disappear for a few days.
Sir Auros

Re: I got played.

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
A little bit later, she told me that he was giving up a job in San Francisco so that he could be with her until she graduates. Did I mention that they had only known each other for 4 days?

Well...if it's any consolation, you're obviously not the only one being played. She'll get hers in the end, just like all girls do...someday she'll learn and become a woman though. Women are good, go for them.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Well, its obvious that she is a dumbass, and the guy shes going out with now is better looking, and dumber than you.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Thanks you guys. Of course, I'm not going to let her come crawling back to me unless she really wants to work hard, and put in as much effort as I was putting into it. Possibly more.

It's just that I was about to give up on finding anyone before I met her, and I started to think that maybe it would be different this time, but I was wrong.

To tell you the truth, I'm thinking of taking my ball going home, and not playing anymore. Any girl that wants me is going to have to come to me.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Dont give up, you will find someone eventually. Keyword being eventually.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

Do NOT give her second chance to come back to you. I think you deserve a far better girl than her. She's playing you all along cuz she probably don't feel the connection so just drop her and move on to girls that likes you in return. Like Sir Auros said pick a woman to go after next time and forget about immature girls like her. If she rather be with a guy she barely knew then she'll get her just dessert in the end. Move on, forget about her, and above all don't give up hope on love just be yourself and the right girl will come along.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I got played.

You sure did.

Gotta love head games... :rolleyes:

Like Auros said, next time find someone with some actual maturity...
Jonin
Protoform

Post by Jonin »

Could even be that this guy she's known for 4 days and is "giving up his job" to be with her is in reality, a made up guy or a friend of hers just to try and deter you because she doesn't want to be with you too.

The story she gives from what you say sounds awfully fishy to me.

And if it turns out that her story is true (which seems hard to believe for the sheer gall of her doing that), then she's obviously not worth your time at all to ditch someone she's known for a longer time, to be with one whom she's known only for a few days.

There are girls out there that are worth your time, I'm lucky enough to have found one of them I know. :)
--------
=Jonin=
--------
Jonin's DeviantArt Page
--------
mkay0
Protoform

Post by mkay0 »

she told me to slow down, but obviously she didn't tell that to this guy

Does this mean that he got to hit it and you didnt?
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

For my jaded advice...... l
...............see sig........\l/
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Next time hit it and quit it :p
Fat Dragon
Protoform
Location: San Francisco Class: Beer Hunter Lv.16 Race: Vampire (Tremere) Rank: Dungeon

Post by Fat Dragon »

women and their double standards

it hit us all everyday

remember...if you want to get women...assess them...take their words with a grain of salt

she obviously wanted to have control over the entire situation and you played into her game

it happens...the guy how gave up his job...jesus

don't even think that...she wasn't worth your time at all

usually men don't find respectable women until they turn 25

establish yourself

"any girl that's wants me is going to have to come to me"

i'm sorry 90% of the time it does NOT work this way...you need to market yourself...make yourself heard and give her a reason to be with you...women nowadays expect us to act. which is okay...the ball is on their side

"I'm not going to let her come crawling back to me unless she really wants to work hard, and put in as much effort as I was putting into it. Possibly more."

no go here either, it goes both ways...there must be compromise...when you find a woman who is able to compromise her life as you will with yours...then damn...your lucky

but if yer young...not a chance yet...

everyone goes by the philosophy...think for yourself...everyone is selfish to that extent...only when you exchange vows and get married will things change...

women are much different than girls...girls are not emotionally mature and usually blame their behavior on chemical imbalances...while we know better...sometimes their behavior is inexcusable and unreasonable...but that's how society is

life is fair...you just gotta work at it

oh yeah...

does the girl's first name start with an "S"?

ROWR!!! I am the commissar of your deconstruction.
Lucifer
Protoform

Post by Lucifer »

she met this guy a short time ago, and within 4 days,

If there is in fact another guy, this bit is most likely not true.

Don't trust.
"'If you die,' you said, 'so do I,' you said, but it ends the day you understand, there is no forever, just this."
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I sent her an email, explaining how I felt. I feel better right now.

I don't think she lied about the guy, and most people I know are telling me that it's going to crash and burn (one of my friends told me that she had two friends in that situation, and the guys are now in jail. If such is the case, I'm a bit worried for her, yet at the same time, I have a cold resolve that tells me that she deserves what she gets).

I may allow her to redeem herself over time. She still wants to be friends, but she's going to have to be the one making the time for me from now on, and if she wants more, she's going to have to help me fix the part of my pride that she damaged.

To tell you the truth, these things happen, and there's not much I can do about it besides refuse to play the game unless it's played by my rules from now on.
Originally posted by mkay0
Does this mean that he got to hit it and you didnt?
Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Next time hit it and quit it :p

With all due respect, that's not appropriate. If I weren't feeling better, I'd be severely upset by that. As it goes, I don't think he did, or I have too high an opinion of her. I would hope that she wouldn't sleep with a guy she really doesn't know. I'd even be surprised if she had slept with me, considering the fact that we weren't even seeing each other yet.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

With all due respect, that's not appropriate. If I weren't feeling better, I'd be severely upset by that. As it goes, I don't think he did, or I have too high an opinion of her. I would hope that she wouldn't sleep with a guy she really doesn't know. I'd even be surprised if she had slept with me, considering the fact that we weren't even seeing each other yet.

Hmm you seem much too innocent and emotional for the girl. I meant no disrespect about your character or the ways you go about conducting your love life. Perhaps it still sounds that you hold her in a high regard and maybe that needs to be shattered in order for you to move on with your life.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Yeah, I found what mkay0 said to be particularly unnecessary, but then he doesn't know any better, I mean, look at his board of choice...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I may allow her to redeem herself over time. She still wants to be friends, but she's going to have to be the one making the time for me from now on, and if she wants more, she's going to have to help me fix the part of my pride that she damaged.

Well, I wasn't going to post in this thread because I figured you wouldn't want love advice from someone who is younger than you... but anyway...

As far as her saying she wants to still be friends is concerened... that's basically the standard dumping procedure. I've been dumped several times in my day, and I gotta say that I can't remember a single time when the girl hasn't said she still wanted to be friends. And then a month later we would never see each other, and when we did the awkwardness would be abundant.

If you want my advice, then here you go:
Move on. I know you probably think she's the perfect girl, but from what I've read of your posts, (In this thread and earlier ones), it seems like you are hung up on her and are giving her a lot more credit than she deserves. You seem like a nice guy... and you shouldn't be wasting your time with someone who can't see that.

If I'm out of line here, then I'm sorry. Maybe I don't know the whole situation. But what I think you should do is this; skip the part where you mop around thinking about what could have been, and instead go out with your buds, or whatever, and have fun. Love will come around when it's supposed to.
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Do none of you guys know about dating language?

"I want to take it slow" does not mean "hang in there and you'll get lucky when I'm ready". It means "I'm not actually sure I like you that much, but I don't want to tell you that yet in case nothing better comes along."

Like a guy who tells you he loves you on the first date - he just means he wants to sleep with you. Or "don't call me, I'll call you" means "I'm never actually going to call you, but please don't harass me".

No offence (yes, that means I'm gonna be slightly offensive ;)), but wasn't it kind of obvious you weren't going to get to go out with her? Put yourself in her place. If you actually wanted to go out with someone and you really liked them, you wouldn't tell them you wanted to take it slow, you'd just... go out with them. As she's demonstrated by what's happened with the other guy. The nicer thing for her to have done would've been to tell it as it is, but it's also harder, and this girl probably assumed you knew deep down that she was politely trying to put you off. But try not to let it get you down, Mr Prime, there are more women out there for you than The Rock has fans. Or did have fans at the height of his face-ness. Look, I just didn't want to use the fish in the sea thing, k? :p

And remember, being an arse is not gender-specific. Look at some of the stuff Compy posts about how he treats girls. So stop blaming the women, you only get played if you allow yourself to be.

And also, mkay0 ruuuules. Stop scaring him away, he's like another Claypool, and you can't have too much of that guy.

He was in a boy band!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Sixshot
"I want to take it slow" does not mean "hang in there and you'll get lucky when I'm ready". It means "I'm not actually sure I like you that much, but I don't want to tell you that yet in case nothing better comes along."

It don't get much clearer than that dude. Seriously, you need to start looking at this girl without the rose tinted sunglasses...

Don't just say you are, mean it. Be the mature one...
Flamemaster Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Flamemaster Galvatron »

Sounds exactly what happened to me.

I was going out with a girl for a while..she breaks up with me..I learn from her friend she was with another guy the whole time. What a hootch. :mad:

And no offense to anybody but it really ruined my view on women. I know you shouldn't judge one apple on the whole bunch but...something like that happening is way f*cked up.
Only you....
Can Start Flame Wars

Even God knows a good catchphrase when he hears one.