Lord Decepticon
Protoform

What's your favorite comic series

Post by Lord Decepticon »

I like Marvel's espcially Generation 2
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Sorry man, this isn't news. Someone want to move it?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

*kicks to G1*
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

I apologize, I wasnt sure where to put it.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Lord Decepticon
I wasnt sure where to put it.

You were unsure about where to put a poll asking what our favorite comic series was, so you decided to stick it in the news forum?:eyebrow:
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Marvel. I personally treat it like one big series.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Bombshell
You were unsure about where to put a poll asking what our favorite comic series was, so you decided to stick it in the news forum?:eyebrow:

Be calm Alex. An apology was made...

I like the UK exclusive stories and a sprinkle of the US stuff best...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Bouncelot
Protoform

Post by Bouncelot »

The only contenders are Marvel UK (heck, given that Marvel UK's includes all the stuff from Marvel US, why bother putting the US in there at all?) and Marvel G2, so I voted for Marvel UK.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Got to go for Marvel UK G1 stuff, a lot of nice varied stories (I’m thinking of ‘Wrath of Grimlock/Guardian’, ‘Dinobot Hunt’ and ‘Prey’ particularly). Of course had the G2 comics not been tragically cut short they perhaps would have been something even more amazing.

There was a lot of crap in the G1 comics, and even though I would be instantly peeved when picking up the latest comic at the time (“Oh great, Delbo = crap story line too”), it made me appreciate the good issues all the more. Kinda like the way rubbish films magnify the coolness of well made one’s better than ONLY watching well made films. Its perverse, but you know what I mean I’m sure.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Auntie Slag
it made me appreciate the good issues all the more. Kinda like the way rubbish films magnify the coolness of well made one’s better than ONLY watching well made films. Its perverse, but you know what I mean I’m sure.

If one drinks only champagne and eats only caviar, one cannot appreciate either so much as one would whose diet consists of stale lager and kebab meat.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Marvel UK, Dreawaves form has improved drasticly this year but isn't quite in the zone yet... And of course, the UK had officialy the best letters page of any comic ever and Combat Colin. What more do you want?:p
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Marvel uk.
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

I donno why but I can't get hooked on Dreamwave
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

I donno why but I can't get hooked on Dreamwave

because it blows....

my favorite comic is batman
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by Illyria
If one drinks only champagne and eats only caviar, one cannot appreciate either so much as one would whose diet consists of stale lager and kebab meat.

Yes that's it.:)

I also would have accepted; "You've gotta go through a good few nice girls in order to really appreaciate a slaaaaag".
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

I like G2 cause it's so dark and things happen that u wouldn't expect. The Autobots have gotten a lil' ruthless, Optimus Prime & Megatron team-up. Megatron kills Fortress Maximus and deafeats Prime & gets the matrix. Starscream gains the power of the matrix. Earth is nearly destroyed, many races are whiped out by Jhiaxus' troops. Over, it's not a pretty picture.Plus, the art owns!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Not too sure about the G2 artwork myself. Geoff Seniors work was excellent as usual, and the guy who did the very first issue was amazing to me (can't remeber if it was Yaniger or Galen). Anyway, the artist who tried to copy the style of the first issue artist was a bit rubbish in my opinion. Sometimes the bodies were squat, or the faces had stupid expressions. He handled the issue where Starscream has the Matrix and the first page features Prime and Megatron being pulled along on a conveyor belt toward Screamer's gaping mouth (maybe this was Mr. Galen)?

Anyway, it came across as very cartoonish, not dark. More to the point it just seemed he was poorly imitating the original artists style. Crap artwork really puts me off. Look at Delbo's work. Ugh.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

The artist for G2 issue 1 was Derek Yaniger who was relegated to the tales of earth stories.
And the covers because he was simpy to slow. His work rivals seniors though
an his take on the transformers was awesome.
Manny Galan is the artist you speak off and quite frankly should have been shot or at least all his fingers should have been broken .
His work really drags an other wise suberb title down. Luckliy Senior later on picks up the slack. Its a pity that Senior could not or would not do the majority of the G2 series. Because Galans childish splotches of ink eally hurts the over all story .
Galan is most likley the worst transformers artist out there. Closley followed by Alan Kupperberg ( Who thank fulkly only did 2 or 4 if you are counting in marvel uk terms issues. )
Rob Rufullo or what ever his name is the hack artist who turned out micromasters 1 .
And Pat puff Lee ( Whose art is not bad persay he just inflates his transformers a bit too much. )
Really i never had anything against delbo's work.

And i have to agree with Ozz . The marvel series are one story. the Marvel uk run has the whole of the us run and G2 is a continuation of G1. so treat them as one .
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I'm going to say US Marvel. Only because I read the entire US run before I got a chance to look at any of the UK stuff. The UK stuff is good, but it was always out of sync for me since I didn't always know what was going on in between storylines. US Marvel had some crap stories but stuff like 'The Smelting Pool', 'Matrix Quest' and the Unicron Saga was great.
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

I'll admit sometimes, the art looked a bit un proportioned but it was great to me. I'll never forget the picture of Grimlock, where he has a head band and it says Bigg Grim on his arm. :confused: :laugh: