Did Rodimus do better than Optimus?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
metroprimeus
Protoform

Did Rodimus do better than Optimus?

Post by metroprimeus »

a age-old Question but most threads are anyway...

alway thought that Roddy is hard on himself

At the beginning of TF the movie, the autobots under Optimus have lost control of the whole of Cyberton and are struggling to hold on to the last of their two small bases near Cyberton under Deception attack. The main forces of the autobots have all but retreated to Earth while Megraton are looking to finish off the autobots once and for all.

At the end of TF season 3 before (The return of Optimus Prime)
Rodimus have regained control of Cyberton, established the autobots prescene on earth and various planets, while Deceptions under Galvatron are reduced to nothing more than a Guerilla force now and one that is going nowhere and dispirited.

Roddy hasn't done too badly, has he? ;)
Hang on to your dreams, the Future is built on dreams, Hang on...
malcos
Protoform

Post by malcos »

I'm always going to side with Optimus, but I agree with you that Rodimus (even though he always bitched) did restore the Autobots to recontrolling Cybertron.
Thanks to Mininin for the sig.

Click here for Ravnica: City of Guilds spoilers
Originally posted by Sir Auros
fuci, everthing that movew!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Well I wouldn't give Rodimus full credit for getting Cybertron back. He needed Optimus in the end and Galvatron being a total whack job also helped.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Roddy did F##K all.

Unicron masacared the Decepticons and the rest ran off to Charr.

Roddy took over a empty planet when there was no decepticon leader. Not exactly hard is it?
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

Unicron beat the Decepticons not Rodimus Prime. If Roddy had faced the 'Cons under Megatron's rule he wouldn't have done so well. Megs would have taken full advantage of Rodimus's self doubt. Galvatron was too damn crazy to pose much of a REAL threat
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Roddy did F##K all.

Unicron masacared the Decepticons and the rest ran off to Charr.

Roddy took over a empty planet when there was no decepticon leader. Not exactly hard is it?
Rodimus beat the tar out of Galvatron, threw him out into outer space where he disappeared for several months, then blew Unicron to bits. If not for him, there wouldn't have been a Cybertron to take over.

Roddy then proceeded to hold Cybertron for a year against Decepticon and Quintesson enemies. Then Optimus comes back, and within three episodes the Decepticons are in control of Cybertron again, while the majority of the Autobots are deactivated and being used as fuel for Galvatron's superweapon-of-the-week.

Brilliant work, Op. :rolleyes:
metroprimeus
Protoform

Post by metroprimeus »

Originally posted by Warcry
Rodimus beat the tar out of Galvatron, threw him out into outer space where he disappeared for several months, then blew Unicron to bits. If not for him, there wouldn't have been a Cybertron to take over.

If Unicron haven't come into the picture, I think Starscream might lead the Deceptions to a final victory over Ultra Magnus and the Autobots.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by metroprimeus
If Unicron haven't come into the picture, I think Starscream might lead the Deceptions to a final victory over Ultra Magnus and the Autobots.
I disagree. Aside from the 'Bots we see in the Movie, the Autobots had the likes of Skyfire, Omega Supreme, Superion and Defensor waiting in the wings. Not to mention all the Season Two Minibots and Autobot Cars. And possibly Sky Lynx and Metroplex too.

And Starscream? He had the 'Cons that appeared in the Movie, plus the Stunticons, Combaticons and maybe Predacons. He was outgunned pretty badly.

But either way...this is sorta beside the point when discussing Rodimus and Optimus, no? :eyebrow:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh... if you think about it, the Autobots lose about 7 warriors out of the S1-2 cast of, what, around 40? Plus the new movie characters...

The Decepticons lose 7 again, from a much smaller force [30 at the most?], and their post-1986 recruitment drive has yielded... Ratbat.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Warcry
Then Optimus comes back, and within three episodes the Decepticons are in control of Cybertron again, while the majority of the Autobots are deactivated and being used as fuel for Galvatron's superweapon-of-the-week.

You can't blame Optimus for no one telling him what a balls up Ultra Magnus made last time he was left in charge...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Vash Stampede
Protoform

Post by Vash Stampede »

I think the only reason that optimus never regained control of cybertron is maybe he liked earth alot better i mean in series 1 & 2 he doesn't really mention or talk about cybertron maybe he likes earth better?

and Rodimus he sucked balls after the movie he didn't lead at all i think ultra magnus played a bigger part in series 3 than Rodimus did i mean i love rodimus' design and i really love his alternate form but he's too young to lead even if the matrix chose him!
Vash:Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!
Wolfwood:Are you dissing my beautiful shiny Angelina II?!
Vash:I'm dissing YOU, not your stupid broken bike!
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

No way.. Optimus will always be head guy... and better than any Autobot leader
One shall stand, One shall fall...
Fitchman
Protoform

Post by Fitchman »

Strickly US TV show...
A lot of you are assuming the Season 1 and 2 Autobots are still alive in 2005. There are a lot of bots that aren't seen again after the end of Season 2.

Unicron certainly did his damage to the Decepticons, that's for sure. I think Rodimus Prime was more aggressive than Optimus, plus Galvatron didn't have the organizational skills that Megatron held, most likely because of his insanity.

Good point about Optimus losing Cybertron after resuming leadership. That's funny, sad and true.
metroprimeus
Protoform

Post by metroprimeus »

Roddy had it tough...

1. First he had to deal with rebuilding cyberton which I doubt - Shockwave after ruling the planet for milion of years did any major redevelopements plans for it.
2. had to deal with a group of autobots who worship the old Prime like "God" and earn their respect
3. Magnus and Kup the old veteran, wise, experienced soldiers but really what Rodimus thought was two nagging and irrating oldies
4. No more wild Car Races... A leader has to set a example
5. The madness of Galvatron - Megatron's master plan was always all about stealing only a couple of energon cubes while Galvatron after a headache, would be thinking of blowing this or that planet.
6. Can't sleep well (Optimus keep on appearing in his dreams saying - hey u are never as good as I was )
7. Could only lust for Acree after Springer seem closer with her in Season 3. Though he could regain the advantage by making Acree his personal secretary and sending Springer on a "We will alway remember your heroic efforts" mission to Chars.

;)
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Rodimus also brought the human race to the stars.
And has turned Cybertron in a force of peace, where ambassadors from different planets can meet and resolve their differences... and it loks like, thanks to Rodimus, the humans play a great role in this.

Maybe he did not better than Op, but he carried on Op's work very well!
MaximusPrime
Protoform

Post by MaximusPrime »

All valid points. Rodimus wasn't a terrible leader, he just had rather big shoes to fill. And lets not forget that Rodimus pretty much would blame himself for Optimus's death. If he hadn't jumped on to Megatron while Optimus had him in his sights, Megs would be dead and the Decepticons would really be in a spot.
"Gotta admire a guy who brings a nuke to a gunfight."

"I'm not a real actor, but I play one on T.V."

"I'm like a superhero with no powers or motivation."

Maximus Prime! He does his own stunts!
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Rodimus is a more interesting character on the dramatic side: he is a kind of Hamlet ;)
Tom Michell
Protoform

Post by Tom Michell »

Optimus was the more inspirational leader; he was there in the beginning, he was there at the end. And let us not forget, who beat Megatron? Be honest, Galvatron was not a patch on the original bad dude. All the great leaders have suffered defeats (look at Churchill for example!) but ultimately triumphed! Rodimus was too young and kind of silly. He never faced the same threat as in the first 2 series
This is my ode to the disco girl!...