[RID,UT] Cyberton

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

Cyberton

Post by Koolbeans X-treme »

theres no cybertron place to post so i guess ill just ask here. whats the story of cybertron or whatever its called in the US? i mean i know the whole implosion of unicron, etc, but.......is it a continuation of armada/energon? Also i keep seeing alot of stuff about G1 characters. are they going to be featured in here? like prowl or huffer, or any of them?????
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Stu, could we PLEASE get the A/E forum renamed into A/E/C already? :)

Storywise, it appears that Galaxy Force is a separate continuity, while Hasbro is trying to shoehorn Cybertron into the Energon-verse.

G1 characters, you won't see in there, since it's not G1. You might see some homages (like Energon Downshift), but not characters that are actually supposed to represent their G1 selves.

And where did you see Prowl? :confused:
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

it would appear that I'm not the 'go to guy' anymore :(
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I thought we were going to move the board before renaming forums—Cybertron isn't out for at least another two months, so there's no series to talk about, just toy stuff.

Oh, sod it... (edit: Nevermind, Matt's already done.)

Was the RID forum part of the Armada/Energon forum before?
Originally posted by Koolbeans X-treme
theres no cybertron place to post so i guess ill just ask here.
Because... er, you couldn't be bothered to read the big sticky thread that says this isn't a place to start question threads?

All of the background information that's available is here, which is also linked from the main page:

http://tfarchive.com/toys/references/cy ... ofiles.php
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Storywise, it appears that Galaxy Force is a separate continuity, while Hasbro is trying to shoehorn Cybertron into the Energon-verse.

Here's the bizzare part: Have you seen the "Super Secret DVD"? At the very beginning it talks about Micron Densu and Superlink - and that Galaxy Convoy comes from a line of Convoys (Showing Grand and MD Convoys). It would almost seem that it's an attempt to go into the future - while Earth is unchanged.

Now, there are lots of things that fit and don't fit. There are no Cyber Cities, No Energon Mines and most of the Humans don't know about them (as evidenced by G Convoy telling the Cybertrons they have to hide from them). On the other hand Bud knows about Transformers.

Basically Gonzo did a new series - and Takara has tried to shoe-horn it in. It'll be worse with Hasbro I fear......
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
Basically Gonzo did a new series - and Takara has tried to shoe-horn it in. It'll be worse with Hasbro I fear......

Who gave the order to produce the show? And how was it formulated? "Make a TF show, we´ll do the story afterwards"?
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Takara wasn't too happy with either Micron Densu or Superlink so they hired Gonzo. They gave the gimicks, characters and probably a basic plot line and let Gonzo run with it. In a couple of interviews (I'll dig them out later) some guys from Gonzo said they hated the previous 2 series and were pretty much going to start from scratch - which left Takara and then eventually Hasbro to try and make it work.

When you get a chance to watch it - you'll understand.
Maraudermus Prime 2
Protoform

Post by Maraudermus Prime 2 »

What if RID was somehow linked to GF?
Both Convoy's are nearly the same.
FM=MP.

Want to know more?
FANTASTIC!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

yeah, love to hear your theories on this one......