Encore Ironhide & Ratchet: no more 'seat behind the windshield'!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

Encore Ironhide & Ratchet: no more 'seat behind the windshield'!

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I finally opened my Encore Ironhide and Ratchet, and i found on that on one of the box 'flaps', there was a cardboard, perforated picture of each character's torso(no hands) and head. Further inspection revealed that if you pop out the piece of cardboard, you can stick it behind the actual robot's windscreen , fold up the 'head', and make it look more like the cartoon version of Ironhide and Ratchet. No more 'seat behind the windshield with a crappy face sticker problem' !

Here's a link: http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12020
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

pics?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If they really wanted to include cartoon acturate heads they could have gone to a bit more effort, there were some very good kitbash heads a few years ago that looked great and fitted on the toys fine...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's lame...

If Hasbro had done something that half-arsed they'd have been nail-bombed by now.

It just makes them look like the arms come out of the hips to boot...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. Looks pretty bad.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
If Hasbro had done something that half-arsed they'd have been nail-bombed by now.

Haven't you learned anything from being a fan? Takara cares about collectors, unlike that HasBLOW company that makes a bunch of stupid kiddie toys...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I feel sorry for people who spend a lot of money on G1 stuff. I'm happy with my remakes (not reissues, mind) and knockoffs. Well, I'm also pleased with all the TRU Reissues that I bought for a song. Reissue for under $10? Yes, I'll buy it.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Wow..thats pretty ****ing bad. I was expecting something that went behind the windshield, much like the reprolabels stickers that you can buy.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Heh, in the few hours since I posted above, I'd forgotten how deeply hilarious these things were. Hehehehehehehehehehe. I mean, that surely can't display well, even if you sit directly in front of the figure and squint... I especially love that presumably official stock pictures admit you have to totally **** up the arms for it to work even that badly.

Hahahahahahahaha. We'll find out that Encore Megatron comes with an accessory to make him look like he did in the cartoon - a full-body cardboard cut-out taken from a G1 animation cel. I mean, I'm basically calling time on WWT here. Whatever stupid, retarded, utterly implausible crap I come out with to mock Takara, it's rendered null and void by the company's ongoing ability to come up with the stupidest ideas possible. No wonder they're going down the toilet...
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I'm having trouble making out that picture for some reason, but doesn't that pose mean the arms are upside down???
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

Originally posted by The Reverend
I'm having trouble making out that picture for some reason, but doesn't that pose mean the arms are upside down???
Yep totally does. Which is why this whole card board head thing is 31 flavors of whacky. I can't wait to get mine from HLJ and do up the heads so I can have a good rofl. :laugh:
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

Update: Just got mine from HLJ. And I had a good ROFL.

See why.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

I got both of mine in from a Hong Kong based ebay seller today and haven't opened them yet but I think its probably safe to say that they wont be displayed with the cardboard head as they look pretty woeful.
Oh and two other things how come I can get stuff from a seller in HK faster than stuff posted in the UK and why can everybody but me seem to post attachments.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm hoping that they do him on clearance on BBTS, soon, since I'm intrigued,* but not enough to pay full price. I probably won't bother with the cardboard cutouts.

EDIT: Just noticed! => :devil: I remember way back, when I was clamoring for that guy! Awesome!

*Mainly on account of Cliffjumper's recommendation.
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

martyboy70 wrote:I got both of mine in from a Hong Kong based ebay seller today and haven't opened them yet but I think its probably safe to say that they wont be displayed with the cardboard head as they look pretty woeful.
They look pretty woeful either way. The cardboard heads add some much needed comedy value to them.
martyboy70 wrote:Oh and two other things how come I can get stuff from a seller in HK faster than stuff posted in the UK and why can everybody but me seem to post attachments.
1. Royal mail sucks at teh speed? Every nations postal service has a quirk. For example for me to send something to the west coast of my own country costs more than to send it to the west coast of the US.

2.Upload yon pic to a hosting site like photobucket.com and then wrap tags around what ever link it spits out.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

martyboy70 wrote:why can everybody but me seem to post attachments.
Those aren't attachments. Maybe once we've made some other server changes.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

lars573 wrote:Update: Just got mine from HLJ. And I had a good ROFL.

See why.
"What're you staring at, Prime? Our shoulders ain't drooping!"
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

martyboy70 wrote:I got both of mine in from a Hong Kong based ebay seller today and haven't opened them yet but I think its probably safe to say that they wont be displayed with the cardboard head as they look pretty woeful.
Oh and two other things how come I can get stuff from a seller in HK faster than stuff posted in the UK and why can everybody but me seem to post attachments.
No more so than without the head. Am I the only one who thinks this is quite good? I'll get my coat...
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero