[CUSTOM] Voyager Ratchet's lack of a gatling gun... fixed!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Voyager Ratchet's lack of a gatling gun... fixed!

Post by Nevermore »

Got an FAB Ratchet today, and figured, "hey, how about giving that gatling gun to Voyager Ratchet instead?" Only problem was, the peg was slightly too thin for the peghole on Ratchet's arm, so I wrapped a few layers of clear adhesive tape around it (so it's easily removable). Sits pretty tight now. :)

The modified gun:

The gun attached to Voyager Ratchet's arm:
Image Image Image

Voyager Ratchet showing off the gun:
Image Image
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Image ;)

I'd like to see that. Don't plan on getting FAB Ratchet, but I'd be interested to see it.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Pics added. :)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

That is awesome. I almost want to do something like that myself. Just can't see myself ever buying an FAB.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That's quite a formidable sidearm for our medic. :up:

In defense of Fast Action Battlers, I really can't stress how well they live up to the abbreviated word that their initials spell (That's right. I think they're quite FAB). Sure, they're geared towards younger folk, but the line gave us the best Frenzy of the entire movie line and a pretty badass Brawl. I can't wait for Ramjet, and I'll probably snag Smokescreen when I see him. Besides, they're much cooler than those Cyber Slammers.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Our Wal-Mart has recently got in a bunch of Ramjets and Smokescreens, all taking up space along with others, and while the paint jobs for many of those figures are indeed snazzy I simply doubt most of them would be money well-spent. Or maybe I'm just too picky, heh.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, I particularly like them. Articulation's a bit lacking, and they're definitely more kiddified, but I really like the ones I've got. I'd say that FAB Brawl is better than the Deluxe offering, so if I were to recommend one, I'd recommend him or Frenzy, since the only one I'd expect to be better would be the Robot Replicas version.*

I think FAB BB is good fun, but I wouldn't recommend that particular one to an adult collector.

*I don't own the RR version, but it looks pretty detailed. I really should grab BB, just to see how I like them. Opinions welcome from those who own them. I'm expecting them to be more-articulate Action Masters.
Clay

Post by Clay »

We've got a forum for this kind of stuff, you know... ;)
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I have both--I should give that a whirl.

The only FAB I have, actually, is Ratchet. Got him after becoming disappointed with the original...but then it grew on me. Even painted the Voyager version on the sides of his legs--where all the gearworks and such are normally a boring, blank neon green. Might as well give him the cannon, too. :)
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

I´d recommend FAB Prime if you want him cheap. Affordable for those that dont want to birn away money on leader class prices and he´s easy to transform. And you use his hook for stuff the movie woulnd´t let him do:rant:
such as dragging enemies closer with the hook,structure climbing and such