The Japanese Have Done It Again...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
DrEvil

The Japanese Have Done It Again...

Post by DrEvil »

secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Actually, apparently it is.

I remember reading in an old gaming magazine that the God-Awful "Pokemon" series was influenced by catching bugs and forcing them to fight.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

wicked.

i was realy going for the scorpion:headbang:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Rodimus Convoy

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

Weird... Of course, I've probably seen weirder... You could tell the beetle was going to win from the moment he got the scorpion's arm up. But isn't that cruelty to animals?
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

They're bugs.I don't think there's a law about cruelty of insects.infact,we do it almost everyday.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i know i spray ants down with Lysol anytime they invade my kitchen to find my donuts... Interesting show though, be interesting if they put that on Spike TV:up:
Rodimus Convoy

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

Skidmark wrote:They're bugs.I don't think there's a law about cruelty of insects.infact,we do it almost everyday.

Yeah, but actually putting them in a contained area for the intent of having them fight...?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Certainly in the UK, invertebrates aren't covered by cruelty laws.

It's considered that they are 'primitive' enough that they do not feel pain in a conscious or unpleasant way - it's just information to a machine, effectively.

I say bollocks to that personally, and believe inverts do feel pain and have consciousness.

A pet tarantula of mine was almost killed by my father when he dropped something in the cage. Everytime my dad entered the room from then on, the spider launched hairs aimed at him (he never did it to anyone else). Luckily the glass always stopped them... He also enjoyed playing with his food.

At uni, whilst studying zoology, we had to do various experiments on different inverts in physiology, including prodding electrodes through one of the individual eye components of a locust. Our prof said they had plenty more eyes, and wouldn't mind, but, they sure didn't seem happy about it to me... (Then we stuck electrodes through into their brain... as you do...)

It's about time views changed for inverts.

That said...

'Vinegarrrroooooooooooooooooooooon!'

:swirly:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

oh wow, don't let PETA find out... or would it be PETI
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Chip. Your sig is down.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Maju Garzett wrote:Chip. Your sig is down.
Would be handled better with a PM, although I'm sure he already realizes it if you do, don't you think?

On topic, Like numbat said invertebrates are not generally thought of in the same way as other animals. The Japanese I'm guessing have even more open views and laws towards this end, because I am aware of a certain sexual crush fetish that involves the crushing and stomping of insects, fish, rodents and other small animals that is very widespread in Japan and other parts of the world. I have had the displeasure of seeing clips of insects, fish, and other small animals being cruelly crushed and killed, and even put into a blender to be used for other...things..afterwards. Also eels, snakes, and squid being used for things I cannot mention here, but in my mind would honestly be animal cruelty. These were also Japanese. There seems to be a strange line drawn by people who consider one animals life worth more than another, I personally would have to side with numbat's point of view as well.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Personally I don't think that is a weird fetish compared to others. Now guro? That's f***ed up.

(NOTE: Guro is dismembering people's bodies for erotic usage...)

EDIT: Ironically, it's also Japanese in origin. These people know who to party. [/sarcasm]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Its actually called Ero Guro which is a loose genre in Japanese art and music that merges the disgusting with the erotic. And its animation, not quite the same thing as killing animals is it? Cartoons vs animal cruelty, which is more serious as a whole?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Ackula wrote:Cartoons vs animal cruelty, which is more serious as a whole?
Erm... cartoons?

Damn. Think I got it wrong...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

actually i didnt know my sig was down. i cannot see it while at work anyways. guess ill need to find somewhere to save it, got lazy when it was made for me and never moved it anywhere else.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Maju Garzett wrote:Personally I don't think that is a weird fetish compared to others. Now guro? That's f***ed up.

(NOTE: Guro is dismembering people's bodies for erotic usage...)

EDIT: Ironically, it's also Japanese in origin. These people know who to party. [/sarcasm]

I remembering happening upon Guro and I was really... irked by it. Then there is that other fetish where "women enjoy being eaten" or something along those lines? Anywho, yea strange fetishes indeed. I really do wonder if a serial killer or just an average joe invented those.....

(Silence of the Lambs come to mind, except without the bias towards men)
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Springer007 wrote:I remembering happening upon Guro and I was really... irked by it. Then there is that other fetish where "women enjoy being eaten" or something along those lines? Anywho, yea strange fetishes indeed. I really do wonder if a serial killer or just an average joe invented those.....

(Silence of the Lambs come to mind, except without the bias towards men)
Cutting off of arms and legs, people being eaten. Yeah... Not a fan of it, in fact I think it's revolting. I would post pictures (Google Helps) but I don't want to scar the minds of everyone on here. Not to mention I'll probably be banned.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

VG cats even made fun of it, in a way, with their Viva Pinata parody strip. And that is putting it lightly as possible ^^;;;.
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

King Baboon!
Sades

Post by Sades »

I wonder whether or not the turn this topic has taken would be considered "work friendly"...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!