IDW January 2011 Solicitations

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

IDW January 2011 Solicitations

Post by Blackjack »

Source
Infestation #1 (of 2)
Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning (w) • David Messina (a) • Gabriel Rodriguez, J.K. Snyder III (c)
It begins here! The first-ever IDW event, which affects the Transformers, G.I. Joe, Ghostbusters, and Star Trek universes! This dimensions-spanning storyline begins with a specially priced 40-page story by Abnett & Lanning (The Thanos Imperative) and David Messina (True Blood). Something goes horribly awry in the Zombies vs Robots universe, threatening to tear many of IDW’s biggest realities asunder! Don’t miss the IDW event ten years in the making!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 40 pages • $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: Rising Storm #1 (of 4)

John Barber (w) • Carlos Magno (a) • Brian Rood (c)
Megatron has been on the run since Optimus Prime defeated the Fallen... But now a new player has arrived on Earth, and he's not taking prisoners! Fan-favorite
SPOILER! (select to read)
SHOCKWAVE
enters the scene in a major way, just in time for his role in TRANSFORMERS 3!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: Foundation #2 (of 4)

John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Brian Rood (c)
War rages on Cybertron, and Optimus Prime has one goal—kill Megatron at any cost! But how far will the Autobot leader go—and what led these two former friends down the road of hate? Secrets are revealed and clues are unearthed in the run-up to this summer's blockbuster TRANSFORMERS 3!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Drift TPB
Shane McCarthy (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Guido Guidi (c)
What was it that caused one of the DECEPTICON’s most ruthless soldiers to turn his back on them? And what ancient secret lies hidden deep within an alien planet? All this and more as the origin of the newest AUTOBOT, DRIFT, is finally revealed!
Expected in-store date: 1/19/11
TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-855-6

Transformers: Sector 7 #5 (of 5)
John Barber (w) • Joe Suitor (a) • Brian Rood (c)
Jetfire makes his final judgment against humanity, as he comes face to face with Sector 7 founder Walter Simmons! Meanwhile, in Sector 7's Arctic Command, still housing the frozen frame of Megatron, someone has turned traitor... or is there a Decepticon in their midst? All the answers are here, as the lead-up to TRANSFORMERS III heats up!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #15
Mike Costa (w) • Don Figueroa (a) • Figueroa, Nick Roche (c)
The most dangerous Decepticon in the universe is back... but not in a way anyone expected. What has happened to Megatron in his years away, and what is his plan for his enemies? Costa and Figueroa reveal all, as the darkest chapter since ALL HAIL MEGATRON continues!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Prime #1 (of 4)
Mike Johnson (w) • EJ Su (a) • Jose Lopez and Augusto Barranco (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Prime #2 (of 4)

Mike Johnson (w) • Atilio Martin and Allan Jefferson (a) • TBD (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Prime #3 (of 4)
Mike Johnson (w) • David Daza (a) • TBD (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Prime #4 (of 4)
Mike Johnson (w) • Joe St. Pierre (a) • TBD (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Based on the all-new animated series! Join CLIFFJUMPER and ARCEE as they battle their way through DECEPTICON forces in a desperate adventure to learn the secrets of Space Bridge Technology! STARSCREAM, the DECEPTICON enforcer stands in their way, not just from the mission, but to rejoin OPTIMUS PRIME and his AUTOBOTS as well! This is the PREQUEL to the new hit TV Show! (*Note – Previously offered as a collection, TRANSFORMERS: PRIME TP in the August 2010 catalog)

The Transformers: The IDW Collection, Vol. 3
Simon Furman and Stuart Moore (w) • E.J. Su, Guido Guidi, Emiliano Santalucia, Alex Milne, Marcelo Matere, Klaus Scherwinski, and Tyler Kirkham (a) • E.J. Su (c)
The re-presentation of IDW's TRANSFORMERS Universe continues in volume 3! This volume includes the TRANSFORMERS series Devastation, as well as Spotlights: Galvatron, Ramjet, Wheelie, Blaster, Arcee, and Grimlock as well as the first-ever crossover with Marvel, Avengers/Transformers!
In short -- the ongoing upgrades Megatron into a new body (seemingly based somewhat on the obscure 'Super/Ultra Megatron' design from Japan's Zone cartoon), we have the first official Transformers 3 prequel comic arcs (Rising Storm and Foundation), the Transformers: Prime TPB is released as individual issues, and Infestation.
Prime1
Protoform

Post by Prime1 »

Wow, so three straight months and nothing but the ongoing for G1, and with no mention of anything as of yet, Im guessing only ongoing #16 for february as well

I care nothing for the movie stuff, but I used to buy it just to support, but with 3 movie books out and only 1 of G1, doesnt work for me, sorry

especially with the fact that these movie comics are not even cannon, After that defience/alliance crap, the reign of starscream, and whatever else that means jack in terms of the movies

As for the ongoing and G1, Im waiting arc 3 out for trade, because seriously if the ongoing and the 6 issues per arc are only going to focus on one particular event at a time, and with no other G1 books out, I'm definately waiting on the trade, because these arcs read terribly by the month and in full 6 issue format so far isnt much better
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

How can character X from the third film be called a "Fan Favourite" when he hasn't appeared in anything yet? Yes, his G1 namesake is, but so is the original Skids and, as much as he doesn't bother me, the ROTF version hardly wound up as one...

Still, good to see we're close enough to the launch of the third film for the tie ins based around minor lines of dialogue that probably won't make it into the finished film comics to start.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
meetpeter

good job...

Post by meetpeter »

hey guys,
i have just joined and i like the concept.
you have introduced a good thing.
the most favorite of mine is character X.
sounds good to me!!!!!