Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Terome

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29

Post by Terome »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ew-179963/

The drawing on the human figures has taken a huge step forward and the confrontation seems pretty interesting. Quite like the lines from Soundwave and Galvatron. Am on board.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

General Daniel Witwicky. This asshole again? Oh goodie.

Do like the direction Barber's going with Soundwave, though. Still not enough to sway into picking up the book, mind you, but, from what I've read, he's done some interesting stuff with the character.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

OUT NOW AND SPOILERS HO.

Easily the weakest of the three issues this month (and considering MTMTE was an average issue by its own standards and Windblade was just generally OK that might not be a good sign), but still a nice fast fun read, and Prowl's solution at the end was actually pretty smart.

Well, that is to say that undermining the Decepticons stealth mission (in a neat subversion of the situation way back when in Infiltration) by just revealing their presence to the general human population was smart. It's just a shame it had to involve bloody Prowlestator.

Though odds on Scrapper (that was the one that died, yes?) is going to turn up fine and dandy before the end of the arc?

Thundercracker stole the whole issue really, it's good to see the one good thing Mike Costa did is continuing to be strong upon our return to his salted Earth.

It's just the human/Decepticon alliance stuff that lets it down, fair enough if the humans are fully aware the Decepticons are going to betray them and it's all part of a cunning plan on their part, but that doesn't excuse the Decepticons being so transparent in their evilness whilst expecting to get away with it.

"Hello, I'm Soundwave and sure, I once crushed your cities beneath my feet but I'm totally nice now. Honest. Meet our new non-evil leader Galvatron. Say hello Galvatron".

"GRGGGGAAAHHHHHHH HUMANS ARE A BUNCH OF ****S, I HATE HUMANS. YOU ALL SUCK MY BALLS".

"Yep, we're totally rehabilitated".

I meant to say this last issue as well, but Prime really needed to think things through if he thought bringing Jazz back to Earth was a good idea.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

inflatable dalek wrote: Though odds on Scrapper (that was the one that died, yes?) is going to turn up fine and dandy before the end of the arc?
I wouldn't be shocked but I kind of doubt it. Last we knew of Scrapper, he was dead and his corpse was somewhere on Cybertron because of the whole Chaos thing. I don't see how he's coming back unless there was some Resurrection Ore/death wave shenanigans during Dark Cybertron. But that seems like the kind of thing that would have been mentioned.
Would be kind of interesting to see how he'd interact with the other Constructicons now that they're the Prowl fan club.
Terome

Post by Terome »

That was... pretty unremarkable.

And it was in fact Guido drawing the human faces that looked like human faces.

I can't see a lot here to hold my interest.