Sequel To Devil's Due GI:Joe/TF Mini Confirmed.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

Sequel To Devil's Due GI:Joe/TF Mini Confirmed.

Post by Bombshell »

The Comics Continuum has reported that a sequel to the GI:Joe/Transformers miniseries done by Image/Devil's Due is on the way. It will be written by Dan Jolley and drawn by Tim Seeley (focusing on figures) and EJ Su. (mechanics and backgrounds) The first issue, to be released in Sepember, will be double sized.

Josh Blaylock, writer of the first miniseries, had the following to say about the sequel:
"In the new series, picking a few years after the original, Cybertronian (Transformer) technology has found its way into our own on Earth. The fragmented Cobra organization now uses this for their own purposes, but the Military isn't without their own. In issue one, Cobra Commander has set his sights on a highly advanced prototype Cybertronian computer that could make his forces unstoppable. Of course things go haywire, and the problems result in an epic story of time travel, military action, and science fiction."

Personally, it doesn't really sound great on paper. Then again, Blaylock isn't in any visble way connected to this, so I might give it a shot.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I actually enjoyed the first one. This one doesn't sound to good.
Reflector

Re: Sequel To Devil's Due GI:Joe/TF Mini Confirmed.

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by Bombshell
It will be ... drawn by Tim Seeley (focusing on figures) and Tim Seeley. (mechanics and backgrounds)
It must be awful confusing having two guys running around Devil's Due with the same name...

The latter is actually EJ Su, for those of you too lazy to click the link.

Sounds kind of goofy, but I'll probably have a look at it specifically for that reason.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

personally im very excited about this because i liked the image crossover better than the DW one. personally i didnt like the drawing style in the DW one but thats just me
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Strafe
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What he said. :(
Bombshell

Re: Re: Sequel To Devil's Due GI:Joe/TF Mini Confirmed.

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Reflector
It must be awful confusing having two guys running around Devil's Due with the same name...

The latter is actually EJ Su, for those of you too lazy to click the link.

I knew that. I really did. But let's see how well you can post @ 11:30 at night.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Right, Devil's Due address needed. I have a promise to keep.

****ty comic company go boom.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

I also liked their one better than the Dreamwave one.

Might not look good but I will give it a shot also.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Right, Devil's Due address needed. I have a promise to keep.

****ty comic company go boom.

Everything I've read by them (except the crossover) has been pretty good. GI Joe Reloaded is nice and they're doing an excellent adaptation of "The Legend of Huma," and even their crossover was better than the crapfest that was the DW incarnation...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Everything I've read by them (except the crossover) has been pretty good. GI Joe Reloaded is nice and they're doing an excellent adaptation of "The Legend of Huma," and even their crossover was better than the crapfest that was the DW incarnation...

I agree, except about "The Legend of Huma" as I've no idea what that is. I only read the G.I.Joe stuff.

Wait they do Voltron too right? I read that as well...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Legend of Huma's an adaptation of a D&D story from Dragonlance. It's good, but the latest issue apparently had two different artists (or one working with two drastically different styles) and was kind of weird-looking.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Ah, I knew I forgot to mention somthing in my Auto Assembly news thread, according to Furman the release of War Within 3 will be a mounth earlier than the previous ones as DW have a new GI:Joe crossover starting in October. He didn't sound a 100% sure though (it was a case of "I think there might be..."), and i'm hoping he was wrong. Preaty much every crossover has left me cold so far (though I am working on geting the Action Force one off ebay as it's supposed to be ok), and the thought of another two runing together aint exactly great news...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime
personally im very excited about this because i liked the image crossover better than the DW one. personally i didnt like the drawing style in the DW one but thats just me

I have to agree with you there. I didn't care for Dreamwaves version of the combo. The WW2 theme may have been okay but the sketches were so dark, so much shadowing that I couldn't tell what was going on. Plus the story line was a little weird. I loved the Devils Due version. It came out in a way that I could relate to better.. Seemed more 80's style. I'm interested to see how this next series comes out.
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Neither deserves a sequel.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I don't see how they could do any worse then they already have.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, the Dreamwave one killed off the Transformers, G. I. Joe and Cobra. Can you see DW finding a way round that? No, they'll reboot the continuity. Even the Devil's Due one wrote Cobra out to some extent, with the Joes left in a very powerful position.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

DW could always just have a new bunch of TF's turn up from Cybertron, though we'll more likely get TF/GI Joe throughout the ages... "The Spanish Inquisition! all the autobots turn into carts!"

I've now read the first half of Ancient Relics, and both companies should be force to read it at gun point to see how it should be done, a fun little romp (well, as long as you ignore the fact poor old Professor Morris seems to have been forgotten about);)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!