Movie Voyager Megatron OUT

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

Movie Voyager Megatron OUT

Post by Clay »

He's out now, and I assume the Voyager Prime as well.

Saw the Megatron at Walmart tonight. Didn't buy. Looks alright in person, though.

Didn't see it listed as 'out' on the checklist, so new thread!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Pictures? (photo of the toy on a store shelf, receipt next to toy, something) Just because it's traditionally done that way.:)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Hell, If it's in Murray, it sure as hell be in Grayson County! I'll check it out.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Pictures? (photo of the toy on a store shelf, receipt next to toy, something) Just because it's traditionally done that way.:)

I get paid tomorrow, so I can buy it, snap a picture, and return it then if it's still there.

Would expect many reports of it within the next week or so, though.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

There's enough sightings by now that we don't really need any more pics. :)

If you happen to find Voyager Prime (not the Target Robovision version), though, that'd still be news. :)
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

Found (and bought) this one myself today.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Nevermore
If you happen to find Voyager Prime (not the Target Robovision version), though, that'd still be news. :)

I had multiple errands to run today, so I ended up touring all the local stores I usually visit - four walmarts and a TRU. Didn't see a voyager Prime, but did notice something else: everywhere I went, there were only four to eight deluxes, all Swindles (and one Brawl). Voyagers were mostly gone too, aside from about 25 Starscreams at TRU. There were leader Primes in varying numbers, but only saw one leader Megatron.

Do you know if Hasbro recalled some stuff to double-pack product in time for the holiday rush, or is the movie stuff just selling that well?

I've never seen anything like it. It's as if locusts went through the TF section of the toy aisles.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

The same thing's happening out here at Wal-mart, Target, and TRU. I'm thinking (hoping) they're just getting ready for their fall reset, so they're not putting out a lot of new stock so the pegs are easier to move. The good news is, if they're doing that, it'll be later wave stuff to fill the empty space on the shelf hopefully. The bad news is, if the stock isn't there to sell, numbers go down and managers assume there's no need to order as much new stuff.
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

All the Wal-Marts I've visited have said the same thing - there is Transformers merchandise sitting in the back room, but they can't bring it out yet because it's for their Christmas lineup.

Toys for the new show, perhaps?
cflames89
Protoform

Post by cflames89 »

My TRU moved their Transformers stuff from the front of the store to the regular action figure section, but also put out some more Leader Primes.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Clay
I had multiple errands to run today, so I ended up touring all the local stores I usually visit - four walmarts and a TRU. Didn't see a voyager Prime, but did notice something else: everywhere I went, there were only four to eight deluxes, all Swindles (and one Brawl). Voyagers were mostly gone too, aside from about 25 Starscreams at TRU. There were leader Primes in varying numbers, but only saw one leader Megatron.

Do you know if Hasbro recalled some stuff to double-pack product in time for the holiday rush, or is the movie stuff just selling that well?

I've never seen anything like it. It's as if locusts went through the TF section of the toy aisles.

I went to 3 walmarts, 2 targets, and a TRU tonight. It was the damndest thing I've seen...there was NO TF toys on the shelves at all except the Real Gear 2 packs at walmart, and keychains at Target. TRU had only a couple of the Replica figures..the articulated ones that do not transform.

It was a very disappointing night :(
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Yep. These things are selling much better than predicted. Hasbro is currently stepping up production; I'm guessing we won't see much new until the later part of August.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Originally posted by Transformer Kamen
Yep. These things are selling much better than predicted. Hasbro is currently stepping up production; I'm guessing we won't see much new until the later part of August.

One of my bosses at work has a relative(think its a cousin) who moved from here in Scotland to live in Rhode Island and she told him that Hasbro are just about dragging people off the streets to provide extra staff to enable extra production and for additional night-shifts etc as they just arent coming close to hitting demand for the movie lines.
He told me cos he knows im a TF collector and hes a super-serious type and not the kind of guy to make something like this up.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Wave 3 case assortment seems to be 1x Ironhide / Ratchet / Starscream / Megatron.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by martyboy70
One of my bosses at work has a relative(think its a cousin) who moved from here in Scotland to live in Rhode Island and she told him that Hasbro are just about dragging people off the streets to provide extra staff to enable extra production and for additional night-shifts etc as they just arent coming close to hitting demand for the movie lines.

But... Transformers toys aren't produced in Rhode Island... They're made in China...
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Is the packaging and instructions and POS all done in China too?Must be to help with distribution then once they reach the US as it all has to be shipped id imagine or does it materialise in shops itself.
Pains in the butt arent made in Rhode Island.They're made in Germany damn I hate this guy:wall:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by martyboy70
Is the packaging and instructions and POS all done in China too?
As far as is known, yes.

Pains in the butt arent made in Rhode Island.They're made in Germany damn I hate this guy:wall:

That's a bit uncalled for, yeah?
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Nah im having an anti-Nev day cos he ripped into someone for having the audacity to not have the sales figures and demographics for Tits handy before posting on the subject.

Had a look at Pawtucket

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... image&cd=2

and as its on the Atlantic Coast I guess a lot of Merch. comes in by boat so more boatloads of stuff coming in needs more bodies to unload it,transport it to a central warehouse or depot and then to reload it for transport round the States either by road or as theres an airport in the vicinity to get it on cargo planes.
More stock coming from China must need more pairs of hands to get it distributed is what I shoulda said in the first place.