Takara reissues for Beast Wars Primal and Megatron (ultras) (again!)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

Takara reissues for Beast Wars Primal and Megatron (ultras) (again!)

Post by Clay »

Takara are releasing the original versions of the ultra-class toys of Beast Wars Convoy and Megatron again this fall.

You bought them as a imported box set. You bought them as a Toys R Us exclusive two pack. Now you can buy them again, seperately!

Convoy
Megatron
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Only this time, you're getting the original moulds (no remoulded heads) in proper colours!
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Procrasticon
Protoform

Post by Procrasticon »

I just might have to get Primal. (Gods do I hate the new head mold on my TRU exclusive 2 pack.)
Hey! Where's my "Easy Button?!"
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
Only this time, you're getting the original moulds (no remoulded heads) in proper colours!

Primal's head is remolded.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Meh. I got T-Wrecks and the TFU Primal. That's as much as I really need that particular mold. I'm not really impressed. I still need to track down the 10th Anniversary Megs (new mold version), though. Ended up getting the Cybertron repaint of 10th Primal.

Quick questions about the comic(s) that came with Megs and Primal: were they reprints of the IDW Beast Wars stuff, or were they entirely new issues? Also, did they both get the same comic or different ones?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Darth Zax
Primal's head is remolded.

No, it's not - look at the robot head - it has the face plate as the original does. The gorilla face is also the same angry face used on the original with better paint, not the placid version of last year's remolded reissues.
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Clay
No, it's not - look at the robot head - it has the face plate as the original does. The gorilla face is also the same angry face used on the original with better paint, not the placid version of last year's remolded reissues.

dunno, seems to me he has a new faceplate (as mentioned on other boards), at first i thought he had more antennae but that's his mask, so you could be right.