Animated Deluxe Class wave 6: Waspinator and Samurai Prowl

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Animated Deluxe Class wave 6: Waspinator and Samurai Prowl

Post by Nevermore »

We've had the preorders before, here are the photos.

Waspinator and Samurai Prowl

Unexpectedly, Waspinator is NOT a redeco of Bumblebee, but an all-new mold. Samurai Prowl is a remold of regular Prowl.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Samurai Prowl would make a nifty little "Animated" Bludgeon kitbash. I think so, anyway.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

secretcode like Wazpinatorrr.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Waspy's not bad. Shame I bought the 1st Prowl. Dont think this will be worth forking out another £10 just for a sidecar.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Rookwise wrote:Waspy's not bad. Shame I bought the 1st Prowl. Dont think this will be worth forking out another £10 just for a sidecar.
I would be more than happy shelling out a tenner for it, its not exactly the same so I'd go for it but each to their own I suppose.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Shield Strike
Protoform

Post by Shield Strike »

They both look pretty nifty. I'm going to have to look out for these, but I bet the wait is going to be a long one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Nice. Does the helmet become part of the sidecar or is it a new headsculpt?

Waspy looks interesting enough to snag.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Waspinator will be my first ever Waspinator!

I love how different Samurai Prowl looks compared to regular Prowl. Must buy.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Waspinator looks interesting, particularly in robot mode. Insectoid beast modes are usually hit-or-miss so I'd like to see more pics. Still most likely pick him up, though.

Prowl looks really good, but I'm going to wait to see what the verdict is on his armour before laying down the bucks for a second figure.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

OOO! Blackjack likezzzz Wazzzptinator!
borg72

Post by borg72 »

as much as i love samuri prowl, i can't help feel shafted at paying $10 for the original without all the extra kibble. true, the original came with a traffic light (!?) that i'm assuming won't be in this version, but i still feel shafted that hasbro can afford this quasi-retool (i'm assuming at least one or two extra pegs/clips) with extra 'bumf' at the same price point as the one without.

not that i want to pay more for it or anything, but if they *can* ship this as a deluxe, could they not have shipped the original at less? it just serves to remind me how much hasbro make off of us...

saying that, i'll be picking this up anyway. lord knows what i'll do with the now-somewhat-devalued original.

not sold on wasp(inator). oddly, i'd prefer a (p)repaint of cybertronian mode bumblebee, as per the episode autoboot camp.

ps dibs on the term 'pre-paint'.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

borg72 wrote:not sold on wasp(inator). oddly, i'd prefer a (p)repaint of cybertronian mode bumblebee, as per the episode autoboot camp.
But that character was WASP. This is WASPINATOR. Unless i missed something?

Zigzagger is so right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

I don't think the Prowl featured is exactly like the original. There are some subtle differences, if you look close enough.

Waspinator is great. Look close, and you can see that his head sculpt is a slightly altered version of Wasp's head.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:But that character was WASP. This is WASPINATOR. Unless i missed something?

probably me not being pedantic enough to *not* just assume lazily that they are/will-be-revealed-to-be the same character.

this place is getting like wikipedia*

(*citation needed)
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Treadshot A1 wrote: Zigzagger is so right.
Speaking of which, I got bored...
I really need to get a better photoshop program, mine makes everything look grainy and icky.

Plus, it doesn't look as well as I initially thought it would.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Actually, i was thinking to make it green, in homage to the inner robot. Always gotta have a backup (or in this case, my first) plan, ya know. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well, well, well....Waspinator is just brilliant! I honestly did not expect anything close to this good, I will have to find a way to purchase this figure, even if it means selling blood! Samurai Prowl is just a little bit too brawny for my tastes, but still they captured the look of the cartoon episode fairly well, all things considered.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Treadshot A1 wrote:But that character was WASP. This is WASPINATOR. Unless i missed something?
Hmmm. So are Wasp and Waspinator separate characters or is Waspinator the past version of Wasp? I like that Waspinator has an insect alt mode, given that Wasp looks to be a BB repaint. Will he have the same "techno-organic" hatred thing that Blackarachnia has I wonder?

On that note I actually managed to make my girlfriend scream one day with the Blackarachnia toy, not that it's that realistic. Still got a squeal from her when the toy got near! Heheh!
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Neuronutter wrote:Hmmm. So are Wasp and Waspinator separate characters or is Waspinator the past version of Wasp? I like that Waspinator has an insect alt mode, given that Wasp looks to be a BB repaint. Will he have the same "techno-organic" hatred thing that Blackarachnia has I wonder?
I'm more interested in HOW this will come about in the show. Will he be altered by Meltdown, or infected by some giant insects, like Blackarachnia was, or will Blackarachnia herself change him, so that there are more like her?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

zigzagger wrote: Image
Other than the head (which is worryingly like a Vervoid in its slightly suspicious pink fleshyness) it looks fairly niffty actually.