[Original RPG] Sloooooooooooow season

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
verytired

Sloooooooooooow season

Post by verytired »

Sweet mercy: if things don't liven up here soon, I'm gonna start a new RPG thread here involving stringer characters.

Seriously: anyone this tired of waiting for something to happen, pick one of the 9 Lew Stringer Transformers and we'll start our own mini RPG in "discussions."
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Ain't I tired of waiting too?

It seems with Warcry leaving everybody (including myself, strangely) had lost real interest in playing... Well, we'll come over that somehow... I hope.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

People come and go, it's a bit of a reality around here. I mean, it's a bit of a stretch to expect someone to keep up 20+ characters for 4 years and not take a break. When such a long time player leaves though, it leaves a hole. The staff are probably trying to overcome this right now. But, as it is, most staff memembers are playing a lot of characters anyway - so it would be hard for them to pick up the extras and wander on as if nothing happened.

What to do in the meantime?

If you happen to have any characters just standing around waiting for the action to start - go find some of your own. There are hundreds of Decepticons just across an air-lock and no Orders not to go interact with them ;) (Conversly, there's a bunch of Autobots just waiting to be tormented)

I've got a good idea, but no characters to do it with (one's being tied up in Medbay, the other 3 are all involved in the same thing): A staple of Role playing games is a bar fight. And anyone who's seen Trouble with Tribbles knows what kind of fun that would be. Perhaps some of these "stringer" TF's you were talking about could go over to Warworld looking for something to drink?
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
The staff are probably trying to overcome this right now.
Quite accurate. Sorry to everyone for how slow things have been - the whole staff have been terribly busy and unable to easily overcome the significant character gap we've had recently, and it's made worse that it's happened at a time when the entire single center of action rests on the staff's shoulders. Thanks for the vent. I'll start cracking the whip better.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Baggsie "Gold Top"
verytired

Post by verytired »

As soon as I posted this I remembered that Blueskids had started the holo deck fight, which is a good solution in itself; Love the idea of a barfight too, I'll get Slicer drunk nice and quick...

I still want to do the stringer-verse though, so Nyah!
I just can't remember the name of the pushchair one!

(Opskids is now officially goldtop.)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Scout

Post by Scout »

Sorry fellas. :) Trying.

Right now, I'm in the culmination class for my master's degree. What's happened is that it is a research course which must be written up professionally.

The worst thing here is that we only have 8 weeks to do the research, learn the SPSS statistics program, and to write it up.

NIU crams it too tightly. Schools don't start until end of August, so research started on the 28th of August. Then that goes through OCt 5. Now I'm compiling all the data- because on Nov. 8th, the paper goes before a panel that decides if it's good enough to earn the M.A. degree.

It's possible to earn a letter grade and not get your initials.
:\

So, I'm a little stressed. I get life back in 3 weeks. Until then, I'm going to be a little haphazard, but doing my best.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Scout, don't worry, I'm not slamming anyone (In about 8 weeks you guys won't see hide nor hair of me and DBF for the new Baby that'll have shot out of her!). I'm just trying to keep me and some regulars busy whilst everyone gets that pesky real life stuff out of the way. Good luck with your degree!

Optimusskids: I looked on the sight, but my little pink pushchair character aint there. I'm gonna have to dig through my old marvel comics and find the guy, otherwise I'm gonna go spare...
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Hey, I've been around and no ones been willing to interact.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
verytired

Post by verytired »

PUSHALONG!!

That's the little creeps name: UK comic 66 if you don't believe me!

I AM PUSHALONG! YAR!

So...

Balloon - DBF
Bozo - The suprisingly hard to spell Slartibartfast!
Busby
Chiller - DBF
Fireplace
Gogglebox - Optimusskids
Goldtop - The mighty optimusskids!
Handlebars
John
Lamphead - Slartibartfast
Pushalong - ME DAMN YOU, HA HAH!
Ticker (hereby declared a Decepticon) Verytired
Trax
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

can i play as bozo ? at last least i'll have a valid excuse to be annoying.
verytired

Post by verytired »

That's three members: for sake of sanity, this gets one more week of preperation, then we start regardless of the numbers.

Mwah-hah-hah!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

holy moly ! one week ? i'd better get going or i'll never be there on time. even with my turbo boost i only hit 10 mph on a downslope... :(

edit 1 : i'm forever opening optimusskids' link 'cos i forget who the good guys are....
the good guys
Balloon
Bozo - The suprisingly hard to spell Slartibartfast!
Busby
Goldtop - The mighty optimusskids!
Handlebars
Pushalong - YOU DAMN ME, HA HAH!
Trax

the bad guys
Chiller
Fireplace
Gogglebox
John
Lamphead
Ticker (hereby declared a Decepticon)

edit 2 : just to test the water : can i have an anti-punctuation gun ? (as in it inhibits the targets' ability to use punctuation when talking)
verytired

Post by verytired »

Apologies Slatibartfast: pushalong is an autobt, and bright pink.
verytired

Post by verytired »

OK: I've figured out a premise and a start up plot for the Stringer-verse. If no one joins for the bad guys, I'll give up Pushalong and GM/NPC them till we get more players.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

well i don't mind being lamphead as a second character untill someone wants to take over the reins :)

he has a shrink gun that also makes the targets' font size tiny.

edit : if some of us temporarily play someone from each faction that means you can get to be pushalong after all :)
verytired

Post by verytired »

Sounds good to me: I'll permanantly take Pushalong and sub Ticker for a bit (Had a fantastic idea to use his clock hands as samurai swords: the panicky samurai! :) )

I have been doing a lot of "Research" for this thing, and have gotten a bit obsessed: potentia plot lines and crossovers from everything from matt and the cat and combat colin to Rocket Racoon, Spitfire, robotix and the Inhumanids, as well as some other stuff: I apologise in advance if I get a bit crazy... :)
DBF
Protoform

Post by DBF »

Because he wont stop Kvetching, I'm taking Balloon and Chiller.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I'll take Gogglebox as well to bring the numbers up.