***Official NHL Playoff Thread***

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Claypool
Protoform

***Official NHL Playoff Thread***

Post by Claypool »

Post anything and everything in here.

My picks?

Eastern Conference Round 1

Tampa Bay vs. New York Islanders = Tampa wins in 6

Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadians = Boston wins in 6

Philadelphia vs. New Jersey = Jersey wins in 5

Toronto vs. Ottawa = Ottawa win in 7 (they'll finally beat the leafs)

Eastern Conference Round 2

Tampa Bay vs. New Jersey = Tampa wins in 6

Boston vs. Ottawa = Boston wins in 6

Eastern Confernce Round 3

Tampa Bay vs. Boston = Boston wins in 7

Eastern Conference Champion

Boston Bruins

Western Confernce Round 1

Detroit vs. Nashville = Detroit wins in 4

San Jose vs. St. Louis = St. Louis wins in 7

Vancover vs. Calgary = Calgary wins in 6

Dallas vs. Colorado = Colorado wins in 7

Western Confernce Round 2

Detroit vs. St, Louis = Detroit wins in 5

Calgary vs. Colorado = Calgary wins in 6

Western Confernce Round 3

Detroit vs. Calgary = Detroit wins in 6

Western Confernce Champions

Detroit Red Wings

Stanley Cup Finals

Detroit vs Boston = Detroit in 6

DETROIT WINS STANLEY CUP
Hound

Post by Hound »

Tampa in 5
Boston in 6
Jersey in 6
Toronto in 6

Detroit in 4
St. Louis in 7
Vancouver in 7
Colorado in 6

How do they do the match ups for the 2nd round?
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by Hound
Tampa in 5
Boston in 6
Jersey in 6
Toronto in 6

Detroit in 4
St. Louis in 7
Vancouver in 7
Colorado in 6

How do they do the match ups for the 2nd round?

I believe the highest seeded team left in the second round plasy the lowest seeded team. Then the middle teams play eachother. For example, in your predictions, Detroit would play St. Louis because St. louis was seeded 7th and Vancouver would play Colorado because vancouver was seeded 3rd and Colorad was seeded 5th. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

In the West:

Round 1-
(1)Detroit against (8)Nashville: Nashville in 6. Vokoun owns the Red Wings.

(2)San Jose against (7)St.Louis: St.Louis in 7. Osgood turns it on.

(3)Vancouver against (6)Calgary: Vancouver in 7. Teams will have equal intensity but the Canucks have the talent to go with.

(4)Colorado against (5)Dallas: Dallas in 4. Slide Avalanche slide!

Round 2-

(3)Vancouver against (8)Nashville: Canucks in 5. But he doesn't own the Canucks.

(5)Dallas against (7)St.Louis: Turco just fizzles out from playing so much now and in the regular season.

Round 3-

(3)Vancouver against (7)St.Louis: Canucks in 6. Re-living the first round of last year only this time no 3 - 1 scare for the Canucks.

In the East:

Round 1
(1)Tampa Bay against (8)New York (i): Tampa Bay in 4. NYI won the season series but this isn't the regular season

(2)Boston Bruins against (7)Montreal: Montreal on 6. Theeeeodore. 01-02 all over again.

(3)Philadelphia against (6)New Jersey: New Jersey in 5. Ken Hitchcock knows his team cannot play against New Jersey or Ottawa and unless he can fix this they are done.

(4)Toronto Maple Laughs against (5)Ottawa: Ottawa in 4. Just to watch the leafies cry.

Round 2
(1)Tampa Bay against (7)Montreal: Tampa in 5. Theodore wins one game for them.

(5)Ottawa against (6)New Jersey: Ottawa in 7. Revenge is sweet like nectar.

Round 3
(1)Tampa Bay against (5)Ottawa: Ottawa in 6. The Bulin wall comes down.

SCF
(3 in west) Vancouver against (5 in east)Ottawa: Vancouver in 7. A Canadian wet dream and ESPN and Gary Bettman's worst nightmare. Two goalies who were said not able to carry a team they carry their teams to the SCF.

Conn Smythe: Dan Cloutier.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

If it were two canadian teams in the finals I think ESPN would just stop showing the games. I dont know why the wont show canadian teams. Most, if not all, of the canadian teams are fun to watch. I have NHL Center Ice so i get to watch all the playoff goodness and watch my grades go right down the crapper.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Claypool
If it were two canadian teams in the finals I think ESPN would just stop showing the games. I dont know why the wont show canadian teams. Most, if not all, of the canadian teams are fun to watch. I have NHL Center Ice so i get to watch all the playoff goodness and watch my grades go right down the crapper.
Yesterday ESPN could have showed Ottawa against Toronto, what was a huge grudge match and instead showed Tbay and Atlanta. What the ****?
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Divebomb
Protoform

Post by Divebomb »

I don't care about the rest of the rounds but its going to be Vancouver v. Toronto in the finals and Vancouver is going to take it in 6.
Feed them to the Sharkticons!
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by Blaster
Yesterday ESPN could have showed Ottawa against Toronto, what was a huge grudge match and instead showed Tbay and Atlanta. What the ****?

Well, Tampa is a fun team to watch, and Atlanta has Kovalchuk. The Ott.Tor game wa s abust anyhow. What pissed me off is that instead of the Van/Edm game, the had Drag Racing :sick:
Hound

Post by Hound »

I believe the highest seeded team left in the second round plasy the lowest seeded team. Then the middle teams play eachother. For example, in your predictions, Detroit would play St. Louis because St. louis was seeded 7th and Vancouver would play Colorado because vancouver was seeded 3rd and Colorad was seeded 5th. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Jersey vs Tampa- Tampa in 7
Toronto vs Boston-Toronto in 7

St. Louis vs Detroit-Detroit in 6
Vancouver vs Colorado-Colorado in 7

Toronto vs Tampa-Tampa in 6
Colorado vs Detroit-Detroit in 5

Detroit vs Tampa-Tampa in 7

Edit: Thanks for the info Clay :)
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Well, Tampa is a fun team to watch, and Atlanta has Kovalchuk. The Ott.Tor game wa s abust anyhow. What pissed me off is that instead of the Van/Edm game, the had Drag Racing :sick:

It was an awesome game two. No where near as lopsided as the Score made it to be. The only reason it became 4 - 1 was because the Oilers put everything into offence and the forecheck.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Phhhfff. Don't count the Sharks out. They got a good team this year. They won't have a problem mopping the floor with St. Louis in the first round.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Phhhfff. Don't count the Sharks out. They got a good team this year. They won't have a problem mopping the floor with St. Louis in the first round.

That would actually be good, it would give Vancouver a shot at Detroit...
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron

No play-off experience. They didn't trade for any and apart from Damphousse are hurtting in that department badly.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by Blaster
No play-off experience. They didn't trade for any and apart from Damphousse are hurtting in that department badly.

Mike Ricci has experience, so does Nabokov. You could also argue Patrick Marleu has experince. Regardless, thats not as much as the Blues. I think not having MaCinnis and Jackman will hurt the team in a 7-game series. It'll be a coin flip. If Nabby can play solid, they have a good chance.
Blitzwing

A little late but...

Post by Blitzwing »

First Round:

Tampa over NYI in 5 - Tampa has way too much talent for the Isles to handle
Montrael over Boston in 6 - Thornton is hurt and Theodore will heat up in the playoffs
Philadelphia over New Jersey in 6 - Philly will out muscle NJ
Ottawa over Toronto in 7 - Toronto will be too injured to continue by the end of the series

Detroit over Nashville in 6 - Vokoun will win a couple games for Nashville, but that's it
San Jose over St. Louis in 5 - San Jose is too sharp for an over-rated Blues team
Vancouver over Calgary in 5 - Ohlund will shadow Iginla, and Kiprisoff will be Calgary's only hope
Dallas over Colorado in 4 - Even the Avalanche fans are turning against them

Second Round:

Tampa over Montrael in 6
Ottawa over Philly in 5

Dallas over Detroit in 7
Vancouver over San Jose in 6

Confrence Finals:

Ottawa over Tampa in 7
Vancouver over Dallas in 6

Cup Finals:

Vancouver over Ottawa in 7 (Just like my prediction for the finals last year)
Hound

Post by Hound »

Am I the only one not basing their predictions on getting there favorite team to win it all?
Divebomb
Protoform

Post by Divebomb »

Yup, you are.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Divebomb
Yup, you are.

I'm not. I think that if Cloutier isn't playing like ****e the Canucks will win.
Divebomb
Protoform

Post by Divebomb »

Oh they do have a chance if he plays good, but it doesn't hurt that we like the team either.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Divebomb
Oh they do have a chance if he plays good, but it doesn't hurt that we like the team either.

Says you. I'm crying my eyes out. Calgary is my other favorite team. :(