****ing A! DW worldwide distribution!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

****ing A! DW worldwide distribution!

Post by Cliffjumper »

Shamelessly nicked off Prof Smooth - http://transfans2.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/008196.html
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Very cool for you guys. At least now my comic shop will be happy with me not harassing them anymore for putting only 1 copy in my pull... ;)
Hound

Post by Hound »

It's about time, I wonder how much of a hit, money-wise, DW took from not being able to ship outside North America...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Enough, hopefully. I'm still annoyed the **** got through and we missed the good stuff... Surely we have som kind of automatic claim to Furman, as more than a dozen of us bought his stuff first time round? ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Right, so they've ratified what we've been doing all along anyway... I mean, all you have to do is work through an intermediary...

Good news for the profile of the comics and those who can't buy on-line, though! :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I know we haven't been totally cut off or anything, and my thanks to Josh Maki for keeping me up-to-date, but this'll save people a lot of fuss, in some cases a little bit of money, will bring most of the overseas buyers a lot more up to date and raise the profile and sales. I know at least a dozen casual fans from Swansea who thought WW#1 was superb, but just didn't want all the hassle of importing the thing. Hopefully DW will ship over all the unsold back issues as well.
Fireflight
Protoform

Post by Fireflight »

Excellent news, there was a decent supply of the comics eventually in Nottingham and presumably the other cities, but if you didn't live near them you were a bit screwed.

How long after their release in the U.S. did it take for the comics to get into the U.K. before the restrictions?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, the few issues that were meant to get here were pretty sharp, actually, about the same delay you'd get for an issue of X-Men - about a week?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Congrats. You guys deserve it.
Fireflight
Protoform

Post by Fireflight »

Forbidden Planet had lots of issues of More Than Meets the Eye in yesterday so it looks like things are moving along quickly.
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

Alas I was one of those people who completly missed out on this because of the overseas ban thing, I'd just got War Within 1 as well, would have loved to read the whole of that and not just the reviews it got which all sounded pretty positive. While this sounds like it means I can get future stuff ok, will they be sending out the older issues fir those who missed them?

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I expect so, especially considering none of the stuff under Furman sold out. It just might take a bit longer, as new stuff'll be priority :)
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Yeah, so it's closer, but not close enough I'm afraid.
Nissan_X_004
Protoform

Post by Nissan_X_004 »

Well...
And... any one knows if those comics will be finally sold here in Mexico and in the rest of latinamerica?

I read the article from newsarama and I also read something about some companies outside US and Canada that were interested in the TFs DW comics for their countries (And that also included Mexico). However I haven't had any new information 'bout it. :confused:

I only know that Panini is going to release the comics in Italy and that several other countries (mainly from Europe) were also ready to sell them, but nothing over here!!!

I still can buy them in ComicCastle, but at a higher cost :glance:
Will you ever imagine from where you are, being a Mexican crossing the border? Thinking about your family while you pass, leaving everything you know behind.
Will you continue saying "good for nothing, beaners" if you ever had to begin from zero? -- From Molotov's song "Frijolero"