Made a Transformers "Only Connect" wall

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brendocon 2.0

Made a Transformers "Only Connect" wall

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Because reasons.

Should be fairly easy, but then I know the answers so I would think that.

http://www.puzzgrid.com/grid.php?id=6472
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

10 points, 1:17. Beat that, suckers! :p

(I may be an Only Connect fan. Brendocon - we only need one more for a team!)

Thanks for making this. Good fun!
Wreck and Rule!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

3 out of 10. I got none of the puzzle grid right, and only scored on the associations at the end! I'm going back to The Wuzzles.

I've never seen an episode of Only Connect, but the grid is about picking four based on the association you think they have, right?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Yeah, that's it. There is normally an additional "red herring" answer that could fit, but actually belongs to another grouping.

My second favourite thing on telly, atm, after Doctor Who.
Wreck and Rule!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Ah, I just suck then. Hey ho.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:10 points, 1:17. Beat that, suckers! :p
Nice one. Glad you enjoyed it.
Rack 'n Ruin wrote:There is normally an additional "red herring" answer that could fit, but actually belongs to another grouping.
I was aiming for about five, tbh... :o
Warcry

Fun!

Post by Warcry »

I have no idea about the game this is based on, but once I figured out what I was supposed to be doing I managed a 7/10 (I had no idea what connected the "Orion Pax" group until I checked the answers).
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Wait, people watch Only Connect to play the game rather than because Victoria Cohen is quite nice?

Another vague connection (aha!) to Transformers is that when frequent Doctor Who spin-off writer John Dorney was on it, he listed getting a letter in Grimgrams as one of his greatest achievements.

[I've not even tried playing Brend's game, I'm completely useless at Only Connect. To an embarrassing level]
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

I honestly have no idea what this is or how it works...

I must be out of touch.

But I can identify spiders to species. And that actually makes me money. So I'm happy.

:swirly:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I spent a few minutes about a minute actually trying to figure it out and then I just started randomly pressing squares.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

numbat wrote:I honestly have no idea what this is or how it works...
It explains it on the opening screen before you start to play.
But I can identify spiders to species. And that actually makes me money. So I'm happy.
Must be much easier since Spider-Verse killed a load off.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I couldn't resist trying to make my own Transformers grid. If you have a go, let me know what you think. I always find it difficult to gauge levels of difficulty / fun...

Anyway, here it is: http://www.puzzgrid.com/grid.php?id=6499

:)
Wreck and Rule!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yay, two out of ten! I dunno, I swear I was clicking the right combinations. It seemed obvious but the grid said my choices were rubbish.

Once again, I only scored my points after the grid, where you have to correctly guess the associations.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:I couldn't resist trying to make my own Transformers grid. If you have a go, let me know what you think. I always find it difficult to gauge levels of difficulty / fun...

Anyway, here it is: http://www.puzzgrid.com/grid.php?id=6499

:)
5/10.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Couldn't separate the Scoop / Guzzle groups (or get the answer for the Scoop one) as my mind got stuck on the "this is something from the IDW stuff I haven't read" track)
Nice one, RnR.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I know you're supposed to connect four things but I haven't the faintest ****ing idea what the connection between any of them is. I found like one connection and even then there's like at least two more screens that would also qualify so it's a complete crapshoot.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Thanks for playing my grid, Brendocon, Auntie & Tetsuro. It was fun to make. If you have any constructive criticism, please do let me know.

@Tetsuro: Yes, the idea is that there are more than four possible answers for each group. There is only one grid solution, however, that has four groups of four related things. In my opinion, the game is to try to identify those "red herring" clues that could belong to two or more groups, and to correctly identify the group they actually do belong to. It can help to look for the clue with the smallest number of possible relationships associated with it. It is often better to start with, say, Outback than Optimus Prime. Optimus Prime could fit with many, many groups, while Outback has had far fewer toys and fictional appearances over the years. This makes it easier to define the characteristics of Outback that could be linked to something else (e.g. he is a Minibot, a truck, brown/tan, etc).
Wreck and Rule!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Anyway, here it is: http://www.puzzgrid.com/grid.php?id=6499
Good one!

I got a 7/10 on it I think (I did it yesterday). I knew the link on the "Scoop" group, but the game wanted a more specific answer than I gave. :(

I'm seriously tempted to make one of my own now.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yep, I did...

http://www.puzzgrid.com/grid.php?id=6512

I tried to make it as hard as possible, which of course means that everyone who tries it will get an easy 10/10. :)
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Warcry wrote:Good one!

I got a 7/10 on it I think (I did it yesterday). I knew the link on the "Scoop" group, but the game wanted a more specific answer than I gave. :(

I'm seriously tempted to make one of my own now.
Yeah, I found it hard to think of all the keywords that might apply. Feel free to claim the point: 8/10. :)
Wreck and Rule!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:Yep, I did...

http://www.puzzgrid.com/grid.php?id=6512

I tried to make it as hard as possible, which of course means that everyone who tries it will get an easy 10/10. :)
10/10. Though that required some heavy thinking.