JAMES ROBERTS' TWITTER FOLLOWING OFFICIALLY PROMOTED TO MTMTE CO-WRITERS

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Weekly World Transformers

JAMES ROBERTS' TWITTER FOLLOWING OFFICIALLY PROMOTED TO MTMTE CO-WRITERS

Post by Weekly World Transformers »

All of acclaimed Transformers writer James Robert's 4,594 Twitter followers will be credited as co-writers for all forthcoming issues of Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye. Roberts - who uses the account handle @jroberts332 in reference to the year Armenian saint Gregory the Illuminator died - has long taken advantage of Web 2.0's advantages for writers by building up a strong relationship with readers of the comic, which blends robots doing funny things like what people do with popular culture references.

"It was the next logical step, really." Roberts explained. "Most of the tweets I get are insane gibbering stuff from sweaty-palmed freaks but every now and then something that really covers my arse pops up."

"One time, someone pointed out that I was writing Nightbeat really badly. I thought I'd been rumbled but then I remembered how my favourite comic writer Brad Mick and his creation Shockwave would handle it, and just pretended I did it on purpose for some long-term plot development. Then I just wanked out a couple of issues pretending I did it on purpose."

"Plus they keep coming up with all these fixes for plot holes. It's ace - all I have to do is go 'Yeh, whatever' and they all think it's intentional nuance. It's a top, top scam, this comic writing lark."

Asked why he had chosen to finally acknowledge this situation, Roberts pointed to the upcoming Titan Wars event. "You remember that bit with Crosscut? Think that, over and over again for however many issues. I'm not taking the stick for that, it'd ruin my chances of landing that Vampirella gig I've got an eye on."
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

TBF his followers include Jason Aaron, so I can cope with this.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So as James Roberts follows me on twitter (not that I make a thing of it), does that mean I have to return the favour and credit as co-author on all my future books?

Because I think that could be to the advantage of my sales.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!