Wal*Mart Classics Devastator available at Wal*Mart website!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Wal*Mart Classics Devastator available at Wal*Mart website!

Post by Nevermore »

In an unexpected move, Wal*Mart have made their exclusive Classics Constructicon Devastator giftset, which has just started arriving in stores, available for order on their website. It's unusual for Wal*Mart exclusives to be listed on the Wal*Mart website.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=5679548
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Hightower? WTF?
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I honestly don't know WHY they're obsessed with that name... I swear Mr Archer must be an obsessed Police Academy fan.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . fascinating. I wonder if they got a larger shipment of these guys than they did for other exclusives in years past. I'm still deliberating on this guy, since I all ready have him, but this particular version succeeds at making the molds not look like utter s***. We'll see . . .
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Just got him.. haven't yet opened him up. The unified color scheme does work better for him, but I'm not sure if he's worth getting if you already have Energon Con Max, since he's just not THAT different for 3/5th of him.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, that's the whole thing I'm debating. Hopefully, they'll sell out before I give in, or I see them on clearance some time. That way, I can at least resist the urge to buy them at full price.
NullVoid
Protoform

Post by NullVoid »

OH CRAP >.<
I still need Grimlock, and Jetfire! AND NOW THIS! Dangit I want it so much.
Well I only have 2 energon toys, 2 Cybertron. But almost all of the Classics. I hat ebeing a 13 yr old in a poor family. I already wouldn't have been making enough! (Can wait for an operning in a paperroute or somethin')
I'm gonna try to hold of on Megs and Prime (Voyager) since i already have deluxe and I don't really like Meggie. But I NEED Jetfire... and now Devastator, but I've said that enough in this post haven't I.

I don't think I should ever write a review; I ramble too much.

THE END
I know I don't have much, but this is MY transformers collection alone.
Sideways.Cybertron
BumbleBee.DeluxeClassics
Astrotrain.DeluxeClassics
HotRod.DeluxeClassics

BTW: I have had transformers all my life but most of them have been lost as I had the most Transformers ages 4-7.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Have you thought of getting a job as a bagger at a supermarket? The ones in my town tended to hire younger people for that detail.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Yeah, that's the whole thing I'm debating. Hopefully, they'll sell out before I give in, or I see them on clearance some time. That way, I can at least resist the urge to buy them at full price.

Well, having now played with it a little, the Scavenger portion is tighter, but the vehicle mode issues are still there. Price-wise, the whole kit is $30US, which is considerably cheaper than a $10 'mega' and four $8 deluxes.

I wouldn't consider it a 'must get' toy for Classics, but it's a pretty good repaint anda passable Devy.
starscreamjericho
Protoform

Post by starscreamjericho »

I'll prob get him based mainly on who he is like i did for Starscream and Grimlock(by the way has an error on the back but that has already been talked about). Don't really care for the Hightower name Hook would of been just as easy to print.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

At first I was gung-ho about getting this Devy, and really the only thing keeping me from buying it is low cash level this weekend.

But, and here is where I wish to spark debate, I have the Devestator green Landfill repaint and it looks great combined. Do you guys think it's a fine substitute or should I splurge on the Classics model. Like I have said before, I never purchased the Energon version so it's not like I'm getting two examples of the same mould.

I just want to read your comparisons of the Landfill Repaint versus Classics Repaint.

(It's probably not an issue, I have been a sucker for everything "Classics" so in the end I'll most likely get it)
Come on and wind me up.
starscreamjericho
Protoform

Well if you already have the other classics then maybe you should get it to be caught up. On the other hand if your're a Devastator fan like I am you should prob pick it up.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Honestly, the little payloader guy is one of the best molds from Energon (IMO, of course). The transformation is really well done and I think he looks really slick in both modes. The cranes are fair. The big cheater arm is a turnoff for me though. The steam shovel is OK, but again a massive cheater arm. If you don't have the molds, I'd say go for it. I'm happy with the ones I have for now, though.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

thanks for the input.
Come on and wind me up.
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Hey NullVoid I feel your pain my friend. I thought I had them all,
excluding Minicons and LOCs, but now I have to cough up $30
to get the darn Constructicons. I only got 2 of them from Energon
and well I am a big fan of Construction vehicle TFs soo... I probably have them soon. Perhaps even soon enough for a reveiw.

By the way RIDscourge... There are a huge amount of
them in stores down here, and no ones buying them not even the fan comunity. The chances of this guy selling out, especially
since he is a re-paint and one of the more expensive Classics figures, are slim to none. In N.O. at least.

Now transform phase 1....
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, it looks like Walmart got a huge shipment. I guess that means they'll be on clearance, eventually.
starscreamjericho
Protoform

I haven't seen him yet. it seems like Jacksonville gets everything late i'm stilling waiting on toys r us to get reissue of Soundwave.:wall: