Robots in Disguise (201x cartoon) inc. reactions

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Unicron

Robots in Disguise (201x cartoon) inc. reactions

Post by Unicron »

Shamelessly lifted from Newsarama
The Robots in Disguise are back on TV - well, almost. Hub network today announced that a new, as-yet-unnamed Transformers animated series will hit the network in 2015. The series, according to a press release, will star Bumblebee leading a new team of Autobots, set in the same timeline as Transformers Prime, years later. In the IDW comic launched in 2012, Robots in Disguise, Bumblebee has been the leader of not just the Autobots, but Cybertron as a whole.

Will Friedle (who also played Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond, as well as Deadpool, Lion-O, Blue Beetle, and more) will reprise his role as Bumblebee from that series, with Darren Criss, Constance mimer, and Ted McGinley all also announced as unnamed cast members. The series will use CGI characters on hand-painted environments, and has an action focus. Jeff Kline will executive produce the show, continuing on from Prime.

Currently, the only airing TV show in the Transformers world at all is the toddler-oriented Rescue Bots. Hasbro and The Hub also promise “special events” to be announced later in 2014 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the franchise.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Do you think Bumblebee is going to be in it? :D;);):D
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Chytkachest
Protoform

Post by Chytkachest »

I think that*this information is*the best.
Denyer

Robots in Disguise (201x cartoon) reactions thread

Post by Denyer »

Bit pre-emptive but since we're starting to see more preview clips I wouldn't be surprised if the first few episodes come earlier than the rest. Described as "picking up where Transformers Prime left off" and Bumblebee actually references things like Dark Energon, so they do seem to be integrating the continuity.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Watched a couple of these, has that slightly off putting cel-shaded CGI vibe, but otherwise I am liking how vibrant and colourful it is. I hope it will be a little less po-faced than Prime was, but we shall see. Love the Crab-con and Grimlock being a Decepticon (and with Animated Lockdown's colour palette, no less) is an interesting move. He just seems to fill the jock-muscle stereotype of a lot of US cartoons, though - although I am basing this on a 3 minute clip!
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

The over/under on Bumblebee toys from the series is 77. I'm taking bets.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

They will all be bumblebee. Except for Optimus. But then they might do him in yellow.

Prime and Bee Prime and Bee Prime and Bee Prime and Bee Prime and Bee Prime and Bee the world doesn't have enough Prime and Bee the new RID will be like AOE nothing but shelves and shelves of Prime And Bee

I wonder how long it will be until we have a toyline from Hasbro that will just be Optimus and Bumblebee..? :P
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I've seen the first three episodes on-line. The quality wasn't great, so I may like the rest better when I watch on TV.

It looks like the structure's going to be Bee's team tracking a different escapee each week. The variety of villians might make this less tedious than Prime's team tracking a different artifact each week. But, it could get old quick.

Strongarm's enthusiasm and rule-following kind of reminded me of Amy Santiago from Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Overall, I liked it. Some of the humor, like Underbite and the bird, was pretty funny. The voice acting, especially for the villians, was good. But, it didn't make me want to buy any toys.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, I've just seen the first episode (there are 1Gb rips around, not sure about anything in-between) and seems fun and nippy enough. Characters aren't grating so far.

Okay, the humans aren't drawn as well (either as animation or characters)...

edit: Episode 2, what the hell's going on with Optimus?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Still no clearer what's supposedly happened to Optimus now that I'm up to date on episodes, but the core cast are likeable enough, the premise of an indeterminate number of 'Cons running around on Earth works (although contacting Cybertron for reinforcements has to be a priority, surely) and Grimlock is entertaining.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Is anyone else still watching this? It's good, but with so little plot advancement or variety, I don't remember the individual episodes that much. Either they capture a lone Decepticon, or Steeljaw's pack gets away.

My favorite thing is the animal-based bot modes of the 'Cons. Unfortunately, they don't seem all that interested in making toys of them. Steeljaw's a bit too monochrome, and his scowl is more feral than the character, but I still like him for being a vehicle turning into a werewolf. I'd especially like a Warrior Thunderhoof and combining Chop Shop.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

I have not watched a single episode personally. It just doesn't seem all that appealing and the art stylecof cel shading on a cg model is actually a major turn off for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Well i'm on season 3 episode 4, great episode
SPOILER! (select to read)
Starscream's in it, great minicon fight, dark starsabre is found, & Prime turns up at the very end! downside....it's a two parter
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Seen the first few episodes committed to DVD in the UK and its pretty good. Characters are pretty enjoyable, although if Strongarm doesn't move beyond Rimmer style - 'Rule 28796 sub-section (c)' style proclamations, she'll become irritating very quickly.

The 'cons are all brilliant in this. A right set of oddballs and ne'er do wells. Makes you wonder how massive this prison ship actually was and why the Autobots thought that pokey little Mini-Cons like Fixit would be perfectly fine to look after Con Air all by themselves.