Swat Kats back on tv

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Swat Kats back on tv

Post by DrSpengler »

For any of you who remember this Cartoon Network series from the mid 90's (teir first original series, too) it's back on Boomerang, weekdays at 4pm.

Although it only lasted 2 seasons, it was a really cool show. It had great animation, music, voice-acting, continuity, and, over time, an awesome rogues gallery.

Glad to see it finally hit reruns on Boomerang.

In other news, The Tick will be back on Toon Disney around June 6th as part of their late night Jetix line-up. Sweet.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I liked Swat Kats. It was quite violent too, didn't it?

But from what I remember, continuity wasn't cared about much in second season.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

It was pretty violent. Morbulus died in the first episode and most of the villains ended up getting offed by the end of the series.

The continuity was still really good by the second season, they just changed animation studios (the 2nd season studio was better, IMO).

The only major continuity issue I ever noticed was with the Pastmaster. Typically, he ended up getting hurled into another time or dimension at the end of his episodes with no way back. Yet he always came back...somehow. Well, except in his last episode where he got dunked in lava and died. Ah well.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Didn't even realize I had Boomerang until I started looking for Swat Kats...:glance:

Anyway, Swat Kats was suprisingly good, considering the premise.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

i remember the swat cats too, they were cool

i hope they will be back on danish tv too,

my favorit willans were always the metalicats and Dr. .....I don't know his english name, that mutant guy, he had some snakes name in the danish dub.

and violent it were:D

who was Morbulus, i cant remember him :confused: was it that guy with eyes on the back of his head?
Seerus Nalaius
Protoform

Post by Seerus Nalaius »

Awesome! I missed that show ever since CN dumped it. Now if I could only get time to actually watch it.:wall:
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by RUNAMOK
i remember the swat cats too, they were cool

i hope they will be back on danish tv too,

my favorit willans were always the metalicats and Dr. .....I don't know his english name, that mutant guy, he had some snakes name in the danish dub.

and violent it were:D

who was Morbulus, i cant remember him :confused: was it that guy with eyes on the back of his head?

You're thinking of Dr. Viper, the mad scientist that was part snake. I especially liked his last episode in season 2 where he mutated himself into a giant Godzilla-like monster and then got blonw to bits by the Swat Kats.

And Morbulus was only in the first episode. He was the pilot with eyes in the back of his head who got turned into the Bacteria Manster by Dr. Viper and subsequently killed in the same episode.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

I remember that show! we didnt have cartoon network around these parts so it came on annother channel like ytv or soemthing. unfortunately i think they only showed a couple of episodes from what i can remember.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
You're thinking of Dr. Viper, the mad scientist that was part snake. I especially liked his last episode in season 2 where he mutated himself into a giant Godzilla-like monster and then got blonw to bits by the Swat Kats.

i remember that too, diden't he also turn the sity into one big mutant swapm at that time?
And Morbulus was only in the first episode. He was the pilot with eyes in the back of his head who got turned into the Bacteria Manster by Dr. Viper and subsequently killed in the same episode.

yep, all four parts of him.
but somthing isen't logical in that episode, because i remember the episode with Dr. vipers creation beeing aired later
Originally posted by Hawkeye
I remember that show! we didnt have cartoon network around these parts so it came on annother channel like ytv or soemthing. unfortunately i think they only showed a couple of episodes from what i can remember.

funny, when i saw it, it weren't on CN ither, i saw it on a channel called TV3(viasat)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Wow, I remember that show, and I used to think the theme song kicked ass. In fact, every once in a while, I can hear it in my head. :)
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

I remember watching the show as well, didn't the 2 main characters have a black and red F-14 Tomcat fighter jet as their main means of transport/attack? I'm pretty sure the actor who provided the voice for the co-pilot/mechanic also provided the voice for Donatello in the old TMNT cartoon. What were the main characters called?
"No matter the distance"
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Orion1
I remember watching the show as well, didn't the 2 main characters have a black and red F-14 Tomcat fighter jet as their main means of transport/attack? I'm pretty sure the actor who provided the voice for the co-pilot/mechanic also provided the voice for Donatello in the old TMNT cartoon. What were the main characters called?

T-Bone (Chance) and Razor (Jake).

Yeah, Razor was the voice of Don as well as the voice of the Nestle Quick Bunny. T-Bone was voiced by Charlie Adler, the guy who did Buster Bunny on Tiny Toons, Mr. and Mrs. Big-Head on Rocko's Modern Life, and Cow & Chicken on their show.

Great voice talent on that cartoon.
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

Thanks doc
"No matter the distance"
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

swat kats totally kicked @ss... i used to just watch it for their modified F-14 that they used.. that 3 engine plane was awesome.. thats to bad it didn't come out as a toy.. now that would have been cool...
One shall stand, One shall fall...
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Wait I remember this, didn't they deliver Pizza too? I'm serious.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Wildrider
Wait I remember this, didn't they deliver Pizza too? I'm serious.

That would be Samurai Pizza Cats.

The main difference between the two shows is that Swat Kats was cool and Samurai Pizza Cats was not.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

That would be Samurai Pizza Cats.

The main difference between the two shows is that Swat Kats was cool and Samurai Pizza Cats was not.

actually the main difference was that swat kats took it self seriousley and was a serious violent show
while samurai pizza cats was a self concious satire that took the piss out of any thing including it self its own genre sentai anime and the super robot genre in anime

ontopic : oh good now all i need is a satelite
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy