AWF: Mayhem - 4th March 2002

Having a quiet drink with Terry Gene Bollea.
Plasmodium

AWF: Mayhem - 4th March 2002

Post by Plasmodium »

The AWF comes on air, with the fans cheering wildly into camera. Several “cWo” signs have appeared about the arena, along with the popular "Too Sixy for her shirt" and "Jim 316mph says what speed limit?"

We receive a quick message from our new sponsors - Uncle Snake's Old Tyme Whiskey, and the show is underway.

Claypool vs. Dead Pool

Mary Jane by Rick James blares, and Claypool saunters down to the ring to a chorus of boos, Computron and Shrapnel by his side.

Jobber Face Announcer: "All the trash-talking comes to a head today in this match. Claypool and Deadpool have been at each others' throats from day one and now they get to have it out. "
Jobber Heel Announcer: That's right. And it's gonna be huge--the multitalented genius of the cWo vs. one of DNext's own? I can't wait!

"The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, being accompanied by Shrapnel and Computron, from Erie, PA, he is the leader of the Clay World Order, Claypool! "

More boos can be heard.

JHA: "What's wrong with these people? These are three great superstars! "
JFA: "Three traitors, you mean. "
JHA: "Shut up! "

Then Bed of Razors hits, and Deadpool bursts through the curtain, LordSixshot and Sixswitch by his side. Some cheers and some boos can be heard.

JFA: "Looks like Deadpool's even-ing the odds a bit here."
JHA: "Who cares about that? We get to see the lovely LordSixshot! Woo!"
JFA: "Leave it... please..."

"And his opponent, being accompanied by LordSixshot and Sixswitch, from Hell House, he is a member of DGeneration Next, Deadpool! "

Deadpool slides into the ring, and Sixy and Sixswitch take up residence on the opposite side of the ring as Shrapnel and Computron.

The two combatants circle each other a moment, then lock up in the center of the ring. Claypool gets the first advantage, running Deadpool into the corner, then breaking the hold and chopping him across the chest four times before the ref breaks it up. This enables Deadpool to recover and tackle Claypool in the middle of the ring, laying into him with rights. But Claypool pushes him off. He then is able to suplex Deadpool, and picks him back up, pushing him off the ropes and gets telegraphed as Deadpool nails him with a kick to the face! Deadpool then follows that move with the neckbreaker and tries to cover, but Claypool gets back up before he can. Deadpool pushes him off the ropes, but Claypool uses the momentum to his advantage, hitting Deadpool with a flying clothesline, knocking him down!

JHA: "What an awesome move! "
JFA: "No argument there, but now Deadpool is down, and Claypool may be going in for the kill. "

Claypool sets Deadpool up for a suplex, but Deadpool reverses and hits Claypool with a sidewalk slam! Going for the cover, Claypool kicks out, but this brings Shrapnel to the ring apron. The ref admonishes Shrapnel as Computron runs over and grabs a steel chair from ringside.

JFA: "What's he doing? "
JHA: "What's it look like? He's gonna get his boss his first ever win, that's what he's doing! "
JFA: "But that's a steel chair! "
JHA: "So? "

Computron slides the chair into the ring so Claypool can get it, but then gets pulled out by Sixy as Sixswitch comes up behind Shrapnel and pulls him off the apron! But Claypool has the chair and goes to hit Deadpool, who ducks under it and delivers a kick to the midsection, causing Clay to drop the chair just as the ref turns back around. Deadpool then powerbombs Claypool and goes for the cover again, but Clay kicks out!

JFA: "No! He almost had him! "
JHA: "That wasn't even close, what are you talking about? "

Sixswitch and Shrapnel are duking it out at ringside, while Sixy lays into a surprised Computron with right hands, then slams him into the steel steps, catching the ref's attention again. This ironically allows Claypool the time he needs to get back up and grab the chair, then he nails Deadpool with it! He tosses it aside and covers, but the ref is still busy with the fights on the outside! Claypool tries to yell to him, but gets nothing.
Suddenly, the crowd volume jumps, as Galvaton91 runs down the ramp, a chair in his hand! He slides into the ring, smashes Claypool with a chair, then darts out and proceeds to level the other cWo members with chairs! This allows Deadpool time to recover and roll up Claypool with the inside cradle! No member of the cWo is able to stop the ref from counting the three, and Deadpool wins the match! The ref raises the weakened warrior's hand, and G91 slides back in and gives his friend a hug in the middle of the ring, followed shortly by Sixy and Sixswitch. G91 then takes the opportunity, grabs a mic, and gets in Claypool's face: "Whaddya think of that, huh? I don't hear you talking smack now! Your pathetic faction is no match for DGeneration Next!" He throws down the mic, and the DN members head for the back, Bed of Razors echoing throughout the building.

JHA: "That was no fair! How can Deadpool take that victory! "
JFA: "Turnabout is fair play, ever hear of that? The Game simply evened the odds! "
JHA: "No, he turned the odds in DN's favor! There were six people out here, he made seven! "
JFA: "Your line of reasoning is suspect, you know that? "
JHA: "Shut up! "

Savannahtron vs. Cliffjumper

George Thoroghgood's "Bad to the Bone" hits, and a long absent AWF star comes through the curtains to a warm greeting from the Archive crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, Savannahtron!"

Savannah climbed the ring steps, and strode across the ring to await his foe.

"And his opponent... Cliffjumper!"

Cliffy sauntered down the aisle, happily. Stapler in one hand, five cigarettes in the other... another cigarette in his mouth. Suddenly, Snake dashed out of the backroom area, and started arguing with the AWF star! After a few heated words were exchanged, Cliffjumper handed over his handful of cigarettes, and replaced them with a bottle of Uncle Snake's Old Tyme Whiskey, much to Snake's delight.

After reaching the ring, the whiskey was quickly taken away by an attendant, but Cliffy refused to relinquish the stapler, and had to be forcibly restrained whilst it was prised from his fingertips. The bell rang, and the match started.
Bereft of his principle assault, and his game plan shot to pieces by the removal of his main source of fuel, Cliffjumper attacked like a rabid badger, only to be flung into the turnbuckle by Savvanahtron, who quickly snuck behind, and schoolboyed the Brit for a quick three count!

As the referee raised Savannahtron's hand, Cliffjumper went off in search of some more cigarettes... and the git that stole his stapler...

Backstage

NFHG: "Hi again folks, I'm here in the locker room area, and let me tell you this: the atmosphere back here is absolutely electric. I have never seen so much activity... now, a lot of what is going around is purely rumour... but there are three main talking points - first off, Claypool has been running riot back here, trying to recruit people into the cWo... nobody's quite sure who has joined, and who hasn't... a lot of fingers being pointed, mutual distrust is rampant... secondly, there's a rumour going around that Starscreamsghost is in the building tonight - something he shouldn't be allowed to do until his suspension expires next week... it would normally be up to the acting commissioner Brend O'Con to get him out of the arena, but that brings me to my third point - nobody's seen the commish all day! Some people say he turned up and then left, other people say he never turned up at all! One thing's for certain is that the DGeneration Next locker room door is locked ... it all makes for some very interesting hype back here! Back to ringside!"

ThunderCracker84 & Redstreak vs. RCOSD & Raiden

Thundercracker84 and Redstreak came out to TC84’s music, “Papercut”. The pair looked quite confident. Redstreak showed no fear at all about facing his former tag partner. RCOSD and Raiden then came out to “Du Hast” by Rammstein, which was RCOSD’s music. RCOSD and Raiden charged the ring, RCOSD taking Redstreak and Raiden taking Thundercracker84. The referee restrained the two former tag partners and the match started out with Raiden and Thundercracker84.

Raiden whipped TC84 off the ropes; TC84 rolled off the ropes and then jumped up with a drop kick that nailed Raiden off of his feet. He quickly followed up with an elbow drop to the chest. TC84 lifted Raiden to his feet and whipped him into his corner, tagging Redstreak. The two partners took the boots to Raiden for a while before TC84 got out of the ring. Redstreak took Raiden into the centre of the ring and then nailed him with a Russian leg sweep. He followed up with a Half Nelson on the matt. Raiden was able to worm his way to the ropes and Redstreak had to break the hold.

Redstreak lifted Raiden to his feet and whipped him into his own corner. He wanted a piece of RCOSD now. The smug one tagged his partner and entered the ring. Just as he was making his way over the ropes, Redstreak nailed him with a spear that sent both of them flying into RCOSD’s corner. RCOSD took the worse of the collision. Redstreak pulled RCOSD back into the ring and then hit him with a quick leg drop. He then tagged TC84, who climbed to the top rope. The crowd cheered as he signalled for the Death from Above. He jumped high off the top rope and did the move, but RCOSD rolled out of the way and TC84 nailed his ribs against the mat. TC84 clutched his ribs in pain.

RCOSD got to his feet and started hammering TC84 with right hands to the face. He lifted him up and hurled him into the ropes. TC84 managed to hook the ropes, and then he rolled over to his corner to tag Redstreak. Redstreak and RCOSD locked arms in the centre of the ring. RCOSD backed Redstreak into a corner and then nailed him in the stomach with his left knee. He then pulled Redstreak a few feet away from the corner and then threw him back into it. Redstreak missed the turnbuckles and nailed the steel ring post with his shoulder. RCOSD then sat him on the top rope and set him up for the Basement Breaker.

TC84 tried to make his way over to the corner to help his partner, but Raiden had left his corner and pulled TC84 off the ring apron. The two superstars fought on the outside of the ring. TC84 managed to out fight Raiden and nailed him over the announcer’s table with a huge right hand. He then ran to the corner to help his tag partner, but it was too late for Redstreak. RCOSD launched him off the top rope and nailed the Basement Breaker perfectly. TC84 tried to get into the ring, but Raiden had regrouped and jumped on his back. In the ring, RCOSD was able to go for the cover and the match was won. RCOSD then joined Raiden on the outside and they took to the boots to TC84 for a while before they left up the ramp. RCOSD gave his two defeated opponents a smug smile just before he left for the backstage area.

Blaster_86 vs. Galvatron91

"Instruments of Destruction" plays, and Blaster_86 emerges, accompanied by Zogan.

"The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from British Columbia, representing the Transcons... Quartet? Blaster_86!"

JHA: "Here he comes, the man with the worst case of foot-in-mouth in the AWF..."
JFA: "Meaning what exactly?"
JHA: "Well, first he puts his foot in his mouth by challenging DGeneration Next... then he gets Brendocon's foot in his mouth!"
JFA: "Oh, brother..."

As the two TQ members make their way into the ring, their theme tune cuts out, and the lights go off.

You think you can tell us what to do? "And his opponent..." You think you can tell us what to wear? "Coming down the aisle..." You think you're better? "Accompanied by LordSixshot..." Well you'd better get ready... "And representing DGeneration Next..." To play the game... "From St Paul, Minnesota..." It's all about the Game, and how you play it... "The Game! Galvatron91!"

G91 appears at the top of the ramp, intense as ever, with LordSixshot flanking him, smirking. The spotlight tracks his journey down the aisle. He climbs the ring steps, and stands on the apron, spewing a spurt of water from his mouth, before stepping into the ring, and watching as LordSixshot assumes her position at ringside.

Zogan quickly clambers down to the floor, and the referee signals for the bell.

JFA: "I'll give him one thing, he's not afraid..."
JHA: "Just proves he's an idiot... now shut up, I want to watch..."
JFA: "The match?"
JHA: "No. Sixshot..."

The two start up with a collar and elbow tie-up, before B86 gets in a headlock. Pushed off into the ropes, ducks the clothesline, but gets caught in a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, before G91 gets the chinlock. Blaster manages to free himself, and struggles to his feet, before hitting the Game with a snap suplex. Galvatron91 quickly jumps up, and clotheslines his Canadian opponent over the top rope to the floor.

JHA: "Whoa..."
JFA: "Huh?"
JHA: "It's Air Canada!"

Zogan quickly darts around to stop help his comrade, but doesn't see Sixshot slip some brass knuckles into the ring. As the referee counts, Blaster_86 manages to step back through the ropes, but walks straight into a loaded right hand.

JFA: "That's unfair"
JHA: "The power of the punch!"

The Game continues to stomp away on his opponent, before lifting him up, and sinching in the double underhook. The crowd goes wild, and G91 assumes they want to see the Pedigree. He complies, driving Blaster's head into the mat. But as he gets up, he turns to see StoneCold Skywarp storming up the aisle, beer in hand, looking less than happy. Unworried, Galvatron91 makes the lateral press on Blaster, but suddenly gets hit in the head by a flying beer can!
Angry, he jumps to his feet, and gets met by Skywarp diving into the ring! The AWF Champion immediately piles into his former teammate, and the referee calls for the bell! As the two brawl, LordSixshot keeps a safe distance, before forcing herself between the two, and buying the Game enough time to escape with the disqualification victory under his hat...

Quick Switch vs. nmathew

Sandstorm begins to play over the PA System and Quickswitch makes his way down to the ring area with
a Microphone in hand.

JHA: “Oh brother…it must be time to hit the refreshment stands”
JFA: “Why?”
JHA: “Cause this boyscout is on his way to put those of us who stay in the arena to sleep…”
JFA: “Will you stop! Quickswitch is one of the most talented young studs in the AWF!”
JHA: “I didn’t say anything about his talent, I said he was boring!”
JFA: “Please, like anything entertains you that doesn’t involve the female anatomy…:
JHA: “You’re just jealous you can’t be a member of the F.B.I.”
JFA: “The what?”
JHA: “The Female Body Inspectors, HA HA!”

Quickswitch hops in the ring and leans into the ropes, looking at the camera.

Quickswitch: “You know…I came here tonight for a match…I’m in the AWF for some competition…and
so far, I haven’t had squat! So tonight, I want a match against anyone…”

Just then “back in black” begins to play and nmathew comes out.

Nmathew: “I know exactly how you feel, so how about if we have ourselves a little contest, right now?”

Quickswitch: “You’re on!”

Nmathew makes his way to the ring along with a ref, the two wrestlers shake hands and the crowd buzzes with anticipation. The two lock up and nmathew takes over Quickswitch with a firemans carry and shoots through into a wristlock, which Quickswitch rolls through to reverse into a hammer lock of his own. Nmathew then flips Quickswitch over to the mat, and goes to follow up but gets kicked away. The two men end up in the vertical base and the crowd starts to applaud the move set. The two shake hands again.

JHA: “I think I am going to be sick…why doesn’t nmathew just give him a thumb to the eye?”
JFA: “He’s a sportsman, why would he do that?”
JHA: “Cause you can’t grow muscles there…its always vulnerable!”
JFA: “Why do I even bother?”

The two lock up again and go through a similar, though somewhat protracted pattern of move sets again, this time, nmathew winds up with a doublechicken wing on Quickswitch, but before he can be taken down, Quickswitch squirms to the ropes, forcing the hold to be broken. Quickswitch then explodes out of the corner with a clothesline, which topples nmathew over the top rope and down head first into the concrete. Quickswitch then climbs the ropes and as nmathew begins to pull himself up with the AWF announcers tables, Quickswitch leaps through the air and crashes hard into his opponent, driving both men through the announcers table. The AWF crowd begins to chant HOLY SH*T! HOLY SH*T! The ref goes out to check on them both, as the lie motionless on the concrete, the wreckage of the table, monitors, cords, all wrapped around their battered bodies…the ref begins to count and reaches ten. Both men are counted out and still have not moved. The ref calls for assistance from the back!

JFA: “What started out as a friendly technical exhibition…has turned into a trainwreck! MY GOD! The carnage is everywhere, and with God as my witness I think that nmathew has been broken in half…and Quickswitch isn’t likely to be much better!”
JHA: “I…I don’t know if I have ever seen anything like that before…”
JFA: “I know…this match was one of the most engaging matches I have ever been a part of…”
JHA: “No…I meant the blond in the third row!!!”
JFA: “You disgust me! The only good thing to come out of the finish of this match is the fact that I have a feeling that somewhere real soon, these two are gonna meet again! This crowd is going absolutely berserk!”

Slowly, Quickswitch pulls himself up, as does nmathew. The two gladiatiors raise each others hands and assist each other to the back, rebuffing assistance from the medical staff. The crowd continues to applaud as the camera cuts to the next segment.

Backstage
NFHG: "It gets curiouser and curiouser back here... it appears that Starscreamsghost was here, but when he found out Brendocon wasn't, he took off. Seems he knows something about the absence.
Brend was scheduled to fight Bombshell here tonight, and I'd want to get a comment from the cWo member on this turn of events... but I've been told he isn't here either... looks like we're minus our main event guys!"

Garand vs. Plasmodium

Garand came out to the music of Jimmy Buffett. The crowd gave him a warm welcome. Plasmodium then came to the ring along with Claypool, both of them wearing CWO t-shirts, and the crowd began to boo the two members of the new faction. Plasmodium climbed into the ring and immediately attacked Garand.

Plasmo pounded Garand with hard right hands until he was up against the ropes. He then whipped him off of the ropes and nailed him with a knee to the chest. Garand tried to crawl to his feet, but Plasmo then hit him with a running bulldog. He went for the cover but only got a two count.

Claypool got up on the apron and started arguing with the referee about something. Plasmo used this time to untie the top turnbuckle in one of the corners and expose the metal ring joints. Claypool got of the apron once Plasmo was done with the turnbuckle and went back to work on Garand.

Garand was putting on a comeback now as he nailed Plasmo in the stomach a couple times with closed fists. He then pushed him into the ropes and nailed him with a clothesline. He went for a cover, but Plasmo kicked out before the count of three. He then went to whip Plasmo into the unprotected turnbuckle, not knowing that Plasmo had removed the padding. Plasmo reversed Garand and whipped him into the corner. Garand yelled out in pain as he fell to the ground clutching his back. Plasmo used this opportunity to set him up for his patented submission move, the Cold Torment. Once Garand was subjected to the move he had no choice to tap out. The bell rang, but Plasmo didn’t release the hold. He didn’t release it until Claypool joined him in the ring and then the two CWO members both got a couple shots in on Garand. They then grabbed a bottle of spray paint and tagged him with their trademark “CWO 2 Sweet” in black on Garand’s back.

Prowl? vs. Silly Cow

"Show Me Your Soul" is the first theme to hit and Silly Cow heads for the ring, boos echoing behind him.

RA: The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, Silly Cow!

Then "Crazy Train" hits, and Prowl? is greeted with a loud ovation. The former hardcore champ is well-liked among the fans for his heart and tenacity.

RA: And his opponent, from Prince George, Canada, Prowl?!

Prowl? hops in the ring and goes right after Silly Cow with a clothesline. He then bounces off the ropes and nails his opponent with another clothesline. Silly Cow pops back up and the next time Prowl? bounces off the ropes, he hits him with a spinebuster! Silly Cow then delivers an elbow drop, not once, but twice! He then goes for the cover, but Prowl? kicks out.

JFA: Great tenacity by the former hardcore champ. He's got a lotta heart.
JHA: He was lucky, that's all.

Silly Cow brings Prowl? to his feet then, and hits a neckbreaker! As Prowl? rolls toward the ropes in agony, Silly Cow gets back up and pulls his opponent back toward him! Setting him up, he hits Prowl? with a powerbomb, then lays in another elbow drop! But Prowl? is still able to kick out after two. Silly Cow admonishes the ref a moment, then returns to work, setting Prowl? up for several chops across the chest that brings him into the ropes. Silly Cow then bounces his opponent off the ropes, and nails him with a boot to the face! He moves in on Prowl?, setting him up in the sharpshooter! Prowl? screams in agony as the ref asks him if he will tap.
Suddenly, down the ramp comes Claypool, a hammer in hand!

JFA: What the hell is this? What does Claypool want here?
JHA: Maybe he's scouting for the next member of the cWo! Silly Cow has dominated this match!
JFA: But then why does he have the hammer!
JHA: Why don't you ask?
JFA: Do I look that stupid?
JHA: Well...

Claypool darts into the ring just then, and to everyone's surprise, nails Silly Cow with the hammer in the back of the head! The ref, so busy with Prowl?, doesn't see it!

JFA: By God! What in the hell is this!

Prowl? is then able to use momentum to wrap up Silly Cow in the small package, and picks up the three! Claypool then reenters the ring and stares down Prowl? a moment, then the two raise each other's hands!

JFA: I don't believe it! Prowl? has joined cWo! Why, why Prowl?! Why have you turned your back on everyone!
JHA: Yes! Yes! Prowl? is a member of cWo! They've just grown that much stronger!

Boos rain down on the conspirators, then Claypool scares off the ref, hands Prowl? the hammer, and grabs Silly Cow, wrapping his arms behind him.

JFA: No! No, don't do this!

Prowl? then bashes Silly Cow across the face with the hammer, not once but twice, opening him up! The bell rings furiously as Prowl? gets in one more good whack, nailing Silly Cow in the stomach with the hammer! He and Claypool then depart from the ring, a bloody mess left in their wake!

AWF Intercontinental Championship
grimlock vs. *Predaking*

"Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest, scheduled for one fall, is for the Archive Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship!"

The crowd cheers enthusiastically as U2's "Pride" comes on.

"Introducing first - the challenger. From Los Angeles, California: *Predaking*"

JHA: "Ah, here we go!"
JFA: "He is quite the competitor..."
JHA: "What?!"
JFA: "Predaking - quite the competitor. I thought you were showing your appreciation for him."
JHA: "HA! Hell no... I'm just excited about seeing Grimlock in action again!"

Predaking jogs to the ring, unconcerned with the cult following developing for him in the crowd, and rolls under the bottom rope, before warming up in the ring.

"And his opponent: From Melbourne, Australia - the AWF Intercontinental Champion... grimlock!"

JHA: "The people's Intercontinental Champion!"
JFA: "Will you stop that?"
JHA: "It's true!"

Grimlock strolls down the aisle nonchalantly, title belt draped over his shoulder, smirking. He reaches the ringside, passes the belt to an attendant, before stepping through the ropes, and heading straight toward his opponent with a series of right hands.

JFA: "What kind of sportsman is that?"
JHA: "The kind that doesn't mess about. They're both in the ring, the match has as good as started."

The bell rings, and grimlock pounds Predaking into the corner, before landing a succession of knees to the gut, and snap-maring him out into the middle of the ring to apply a chinlock. Predaking manages to force his way back up to his feet though, and counters with a belly-to-belly suplex to a mild pop from the crowd.
As Grimlock staggers back to his feet, he's hit by a running clothesline, before falling into the same tactic again. The champion quickly takes a time-out onto the arena floor, circling the ring before climbing back onto the apron.

JHA: "See that? He's smart - he broke Predaking's momentum AND got his breath back."
JFA: "He's a chicken."

As Predaking goes to pull Grimlock back in, he is met with a solid right hand to the jaw, before the Champion slingshots in over the top rope with a sunset flip for a quick two count. Predaking kicks out and goes for the clothesline again, but Grimlock drops to the floor, and uses his opponent's momentum to send him through the ropes to the floor. Grimlock quickly follows the challenger to the floor, where he proceeds to stomp away at the prone body. The referee quickly comes to the outside in an attempt to return them to the ring.

JHA: "The referee broke his own count to stop Predaking losing. How biased is that?"
JFA: "How biased are you?"
JHA: "I'm not biased. I just have a strong sense of right and wrong. I'm right, everybody else is wrong."

Grimlock rolls Predaking back into the ring, after slamming his face into the apron, and returns through the ropes. The champion picks up his opponent, and bodyslams him to the mat, before hitting the ropes for an elbow drop. 1... 2... kick out. Undeterred, Grimlock scoops up his opponent, and suplexes him out flat, before heaving him up and irish whipping him into the turnbuckles. The impact is so great that Predaking staggers forward, straight into the Australian's DDT. 1.. 2... foot on the ropes. Agitated, Grimlock grabs the foot from the bottom rope, and sinks in the ankle lock! But Predaking still had the presence of mind to grab the ropes with his hands.

Livid, Grimlock backs off into the centre of the ring, arguing with the referee. Eventually, he returns to the corner to resume the punishment, but Predaking has had time to recover, and quickly lands a right hand, before nailing the inverted atomic drop! As Grimlock danced around in agony, Predaking seized his moment, and ascended the top rope to hit the champion with the flying clothesline! 1... 2... kick out.
As the crowd got to their feet, Predaking quickly threw Grimlock into the ropes, but the champion ducked the clothesline, and then leapfrogged the back-bodydrop. But as he turned around, he walked straight into the outstretched hand, and got nailed with the Patented Predaking Chokeslam!

JFA: "PPC!! PPC!! New Champion!!"
JHA: "NO! NO! NO NO NO!!!!!"

The impact is too close to the ropes though, and Grimlock manages to instinctively roll to the floor, willing to get counted out. Preds follows, however, and the brawl begins anew. As the challenger chases his opponent around the ring, Grimlock quickly grabs the championship belt from the announce table, and rolls into the ring.

JFA: "He's got the Title Belt!"
JHA: "Of course he has... he's the champion!"

*Predaking* climbs back into the ring, and pushes past the official to get to Grimlock. The Champion quickly turns around though, and tries to nail the Californian with the belt, but Predaking ducks, and the referee takes the impact!
The Australian is stunned, he turns around to face Predaking, but gets hit with the spear! Predaking instinctively covers! 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... no referee! With the crowd on their feet, Predaking quickly climbs to his, and ties him up in the Lock and Load! Grimlock taps frantically, but there's still no referee!

Eventually, Predaking releases the hold, and tries to revive the referee. Grimlock takes advantage of the situation, and grabs his opponent in the Dinobot Slam, Predaking's head landing squarely on the championship belt! Suddenly a second referee charges down the aisle as Grimlock slides the belt away and hooks the leg... 1... 2... 3! The bell rings, Grimlock retains!

JFA: "That is an absolute injustice. That's just as bad as what happened to Redstreak last week at Raided"
JHA: "Oh my bleeding heart..."

As the Australian's music play's throughout the arena, it's hard to hear it over the chorus of jeers from the crowd. Grimlock slides out of the ring, and starts arguing with the fans at ringside, when all of a sudden the jeers turn into cheers.

JHA: "See! They're cheering their champion! These people aren't as dumb as they act!"
JFA: "I don't think it's Grimlock they're cheering... look down the aisle!"
JHA: "What? Wher... oh no... what's HE doing here??"

Chris Vaccaro marched down the aisle, and climbed into the ring to consult with the second referee, and the now conscious first. Predaking started to climb to his feet as Mr Vaccaro beckoned to the ring announcer and relayed his message.

"Ladies and gentlemen. As the interim commissioner Brend O'Con has failed to attend tonight's show, Mr Vaccaro would like to announce that he is resuming control of the AWF - effective immediately!"

JHA: "No! No! No!"

"Furthermore, Mr Vaccaro has deemed that even though Grimlock has won the pinfall, the circumstances surrounding it are highly dubious - therefore this match must continue!"

The crowd erupts into cheers, Grimlock looks up in disbelief, Predaking starts to smile, and...

JHA: "What??!!! WHY???!!! That's not fair!!!"
JFA: "Yes, it is fair. Where was Mr Vaccaro last week at Next Raided when Redstreak got screwed?"
JHA: "He was at home, minding his own business is what he was doing! What RIGHT has he got to tell the people's Intercontinental Champion that his victory doesn't count?!"
JFA: "He's the Commissioner!"
JHA: "SHUT UP!!!"

Wasting no further time, Grimlock slides back into the ring and goes to work on Predaking, working him into the corner with a series of punches and kicks, before suplexing him out into the centre of the ring. The second referee joins Mr Vaccaro at ringside, to watch the match.
Grimlock picks up Predaking, and hits him with the Dinobot Slam! But rather than go for the cover, he turns to eyeball the referee, livid that the match is continuing. As he backs the official into the corner, badmouthing him, Predaking manages to roll over onto his stomach, and spring up off his knuckles.
The champion doesn't notice the crowd noise increasing in volume as he raises his hand to hit the referee, only for the hand to be grabbed from behind, and for him to be spun around straight into the PPC! Predaking falls on top of his opponent... 1... 2... shoulder just comes up at the last minute!
Predaking quickly hops up onto the second rope, and delivers a firm elbow drop for another two count.

JFA: "What does it take to beat this guy?"
JHA: "It can't be done. He's the champion. Just deal with it."

Predaking quickly picks up his opponent, and whips him into the corner, following in with the shoulder block. But Grimlock dodges out of the way, and Predaking goes chest first into the turnbuckles, staggering backwards... as the American falls, Grimlock quickly snatches out to grab an ankle, but finds that the rolling Predaking has managed to drape his trailing foot between the champion's ankles... as Grimlock applies the twist to get his opponent onto his stomach, Predaking uses his foot as a lever to flip the champion over onto the floor.

JFA: "Good counter."
JHA: "SHUT UP!!!"

As both men lie exhausted, with their legs wrapped around each others, Grimlock begins to heave himself up first, but Predaking quickly grabs the ankles, and leans back, knocking him off balance... and adjusting it into a leglock...

JFA: "LOCK AND LOAD!!"
JHA: "Illegal... he's got the tights... he pulled the hair... referee!!"

As Predaking leans back in the Lock and Load, Grimlock realises he has nowhere to go... trapped in the middle of the ring... his legs twisted in agony, insurmountable pressure on his lower back... he taps out!

The bell rings, and Desire hits, as the Archive crowd go nuts for their new Intercontinental Champion!

JHA: "I'm lodging an official complaint!"
JFA: "Who to?"
JHA: "Anybody!"

Mr Vaccaro starts to walk back down the aisle, but stops to sign autographs with the fans, as Mayhem goes off the air.