BT 11 Ravage first impressions

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

BT 11 Ravage first impressions

Post by Knightdramon »

Following the world's fastest delivery from Japan to Greece [two days, no customs], a BT 11 unit arrived at my house.

The first major "fault" I've noticed isn't a mould problem, isn't a defect on the figure, but a mistake on takara's part. Those darned sticky wrappings that hold the car together have absorbed quite a deal of paint from his bonnet, rear and windshield. The result is that Ravage looks a bit worn even though he's brand new.

As a car, Ravage does not dissapoint. His seats are thinner than Tracks'. Transformation was a bit difficult because he was relatively stiff compared to Tracks.

Mainly because the roof was covering it, but the windshield on this mould can also swivel forward, and looks detachable if some pressure is applied.

His missile launcher pack is missing one point of articulation [tracks has two at that spot].

The head is ok, but how do people transform him to the custom kitty mode? It can't look upwards.

Finally, his weapon's red paintjob is darker than it was on Tracks' weapon.

Wait for a review soon ;)
Zisteau

Re: BT 11 Ravage first impressions

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
Those darned sticky wrappings that hold the car together have absorbed quite a deal of paint from his bonnet, rear and windshield. The result is that Ravage looks a bit worn even though he's brand new.

Really? I've never had that happen before. Can you post some pics?
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Did you order from HLJ dude? cause they have been dissapointing for me lately...
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Why would it matter who you order from if its an issue of something inside the sealed box?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Zisteau, unfortunately, I don't have a camera anymore. Actually, those 'marks' are gone right now. I have no clue of what happened...

Dedicon, yes, I did get him from Hlj [overdrive is on his way as well]. Why, what has happened? Messed up an order, or did you get an item in bad condition?
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

I ment the timing thing. When I ordered the GF's, it took them like 5 days to send them to me.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Yeah man, I know. They do this on purpose in order to keep track of all your orders, so you won't have to pay extra shipping costs if you order something, say the next day.

Besides, you can always request them to ship your items at the moment [faster if you know you're not going to buy anything else].