Dreamwave Productions acquired

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Dreamwave Productions acquired

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm
DREAMWAVE PRODUCTIONS ACQUIRED

Christian Dery has acquired Dreamwave Productions' intellectual assets and inventory in an auction conducted on August 2.

In addition to securing the Dreamwave name and logo, Dery has also obtained all rights to the studio owned titles Warlands, Neon Cyber, Shidima, Echo, Fate of the Blade, Garden of Blades, Limbo City, Arkanium, Necrowar, Dark Minds, Capsoul and Sandscape.

"I've been planning to get into the comic book business for some time now, and the opportunity to start with a catalogue of such strong existing titles was too good to pass up," Dery said.

"The comic book industry is very exciting right now with a growing, global market and a number of concepts and characters branching out into other media. Dreamwave's properties attracted me largely because of their universal appeal. I strongly feel that books like Warlands, Dark Minds and the rest, can transcend the traditional comic-book market and reach a world wide audience if we approach them with a renewed focus on excellent, versatile stories and lush, eye-popping art. Which is exactly what we intend to do."

Further details about Dreamwave's re-launch will be made available in the coming weeks.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Good luck, you're gonna need it.-Han Solo
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

"strong existing titles"? :eyebrow:

Any word on what the price was?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

wreckie
Protoform

Post by wreckie »

2 questions:

1. Does anyone know anything about this guy? If he decides to just "go into the comic book industry" one day, then he must either be very rich, or extremely silly.

2. Cliffjumper, what does Pooh's Heffalump movie have to do with anything? :\
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by wreckie
2 questions:

1. Does anyone know anything about this guy? If he decides to just "go into the comic book industry" one day, then he must either be very rich, or extremely silly.
He's Floro Dery's son. Back in the 1980s, Floro invented toys.
2. Cliffjumper, what does Pooh's Heffalump movie have to do with anything? :\

Well, if you have to ask that, you clearly weren't there and thus won't understand what it has to do with anything, sorry :(
wreckie
Protoform

Post by wreckie »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
He's Floro Dery's son. Back in the 1980s, Floro invented toys.

Wow. And I thought we had toys before then. :)
Well, if you have to ask that, you clearly weren't there and thus won't understand what it has to do with anything, sorry :(

Fair enough. I'm not disputing its status as quality drama, you understand. I'm just curious.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Is it just me, or does his praise of Dreamwave sound a lot like what Pat Lee would say? Suspicious indeed, yesssss . . . [/Megatron]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by wreckie
Wow. And I thought we had toys before then. :)
Ah, well, now, that's something which may be contrdicted by documentation, but it conflicts with Floro's claims, and let's face it, which would you believe?
wreckie
Protoform

Post by wreckie »

Ah, well, now, that's something which may be contrdicted by documentation, but it conflicts with Floro's claims, and let's face it, which would you believe?

All those early Diaclones the Louis Marx Daleks were malicious lies, then. I suspected as much from the beginning.
inflatable dalek

Re: Dreamwave Productions acquired

Post by inflatable dalek »

Is it me, or does paragraph one contradict paragraph two?
All those early Diaclones the Louis Marx Daleks were malicious lies, then. I suspected as much from the beginning.
The truth about the Louis Marx Daleks is so terrifyingly evil, it can never be told... :eyebrow:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

Does anybody have any evidence to back up that this dude is Floro's son?

He didn't invent toys, prehistoric man likely invented toys. He did invent a couple of animation models for the movie apparently (Hot Rod, Kup, I believe) that became toys, as well as backdrops and what have you for the various movie environments. He has a website somewhere that you may be more motivated than me to find. He may have even worked on the first two seasons' cartoon models that were developed from the toys. He claims there was some conspiracy in Hasbro to deny him credit for his involvement or something. Anyone got a link to his page?
________
Toyota c engine specifications
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by stoltobot
Does anybody have any evidence to back up that this dude is Floro's son?

He didn't invent toys, prehistoric man likely invented toys. He did invent a couple of animation models for the movie apparently (Hot Rod, Kup, I believe) that became toys, as well as backdrops and what have you for the various movie environments. He has a website somewhere that you may be more motivated than me to find. He may have even worked on the first two seasons' cartoon models that were developed from the toys. He claims there was some conspiracy in Hasbro to deny him credit for his involvement or something. Anyone got a link to his page?

Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

And that, my fiends, I believe is a first...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Interesting... though wasn't most of the box art actually the Diaclone/Microchange art?