First look at movie Jazz in robot mode

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

SPOILERS: First look at movie Jazz in robot mode

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

It's requesting 'sign-in'. Any chance of another link/copydown?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

OK I've saved the image and am hosting it on my photobucket, here it is

ALL credit for the picture of course goes to TFW2005, if it is wrong of me to do what I've done then by all means delete the link
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not mad about the limbs, but that's certainly passable.
Mabus
Protoform

Post by Mabus »

This does look good however seeing as its a drawing, a concept one maybe, it may change for better or worse. Can't wait to see the CGI version of it.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

From what I can see round the huge watermark it seems fine and dandy.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Much better than anything else that we've seen. Looks slightly more solid than the others (solid's probably not the word I'm looking for. What I mean to say is that it's not as visibly busy as the rest of them, and has more of a plated look to it. Fewer exposed wires/armor plates, instead of scraps=teh good). Perhaps I'll be picking up at least one movie toy afterall . . .
Cunning Ravage
Protoform

Post by Cunning Ravage »

out of those shown so far this is my favorite. I'd give it an eight point five out of ten, the only real quibbles I have are that the three finger hands seem out of place, and that the glare in the center of the visor looks like ShockWave or a Cylon.
Where's a nice alternative when you need one! -Ravage

Hush. Darkness gathers. -G2 Megatron

Dying once is bad enough... twice is beyond a joke! - G1 Prowl
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

dammit... i just noticed his crotch looks like yoda, or some kind of owl, and now i can't take it seriously...

...i do like the head and the general proportions though, but i support the motion that he does has wierd arms.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

I hate it immensely. :wall: About the only redeeming thing about it is the visor. Can someone please explain to me how THAT is supposed to turn into a Pontiac Soltice without MASSIVE amounts of morphing and prayer? And how in the hell are they going to turn THAT into a toy that transforms?

HUGE THUMBS DOWN.

I say we start campaigning to have Paramount strip this movie of it's title and replace it with "Mighty Morphing Power Robots" so we can then get a real director a real script so we can get a REAL Transformers movie.

Sigh.

:rant:
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Ford DeceptiFocus
a real script

YOU HAVENT EVEN SEEN THE F*CKING SCRIPT!!!! Until you have stop bloody complaining bout things you havent seen
numbat

Post by numbat »

He looks nifty.

Would very much like to see him without the Shockwave-esque glare...

And, of course, the final CG version's bound to be somewhat different at least.

And I have faith that all these Transformers will be able to transform nicely on the big screen. There could be huge amounts of bits moving, when it's a computer handling it rather than a kid!

lol!

But I do hope the toys: a) transform and b) bear more than just a passing resemblance to the movie TFs. Those are my main concerns at this stage. I'm sure the film will be a blast!

:smokin:
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Can someone please explain to me how THAT is supposed to turn into a Pontiac Soltice without MASSIVE amounts of morphing and prayer? And how in the hell are they going to turn THAT into a toy that transforms?

See that bit at the bottom. Thats called wheels. The bit at the top well some call it a bonnet.

The transformation looks really simplistic in my mind. Much like the original Jazz and such (with the exception of the arms). The thing looks like different bits will all lock into place without any morphing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't morphing something ruled out of this picture completely.

It's probably the best of the bunch so far, even with the drillbit looking arms. The only thing that bothered me is really that he has talons and not so much hands. Solid work so far on the design so far.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Me like. :)

Concept doesn't look as busy as the others and is more like a TF as we know 'em. OK, agreed - Jazz is going to have to go through a major adaptation process to become a car and he's definitely, like the others, going to have to lose a lot of the sharp bits before he becomes a toy. Now seriously thinking that we have a 'before Earth' mode here, as with the others; it's sort of like a variation on War Within thinking..?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Originally posted by DrEvil

It's probably the best of the bunch so far, even with the drillbit looking arms. The only thing that bothered me is really that he has talons and not so much hands. Solid work so far on the design so far.

Agreed--it is the best of what we've seen so far. But still--can't say I like it.

I much prefer IDW's new take on the franchise. Really wish Infiltration/Stormbringer/Spotlight was the guiding force of the new movie.
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Another generic humanoid figure. Are kids supposed to want the toys of these?
Originally posted by CounterPunch
YOU HAVENT EVEN SEEN THE F*CKING SCRIPT!!!! Until you have stop bloody complaining bout things you havent seen
I've read one of them, and there certainly weren't many changes to that from the one before it... I think you'll be surprised how much isn't changed, TBPH.
ALL credit for the picture of course goes to TFW2005, if it is wrong of
Nah, they're probably doing sign-ins due to server load.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I say we start campaigning to have Paramount strip this movie of it's title and replace it with "Mighty Morphing Power Robots" so we can then get a real director a real script so we can get a REAL Transformers movie.

Okay, shouty boy, tell me how this isn't 'real' Transformers (most awesome idiot fanboy criticism ever, btw... the only REAL Transformer we've yet seen was that maniac who cut up that Mini). Cover that and I'll be mighty impressed.

Not liking the designs is one thing. Not liking the movie that's still filming and none of us have seen is merely idiotic. But the crap that's spewing out of you? The anti-movie fanboys would probably start disowning you as an utter liability to their cause.

What? I had a "try not to be a tit" disclaimer...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
the only REAL Transformer we've yet seen was that maniac who cut up that Mini

Which... wasn't real either.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Which... wasn't real either.

So... there are no real Transformers? :(

I did mean to type "Closest thing to". Oh well :)
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

what ? you don't believe in transformers ?