Animated Grimlock, Slag, Soundwave, Black Arachnia...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Animated Grimlock, Slag, Soundwave, Black Arachnia...

Post by trilobitepictures »

I'm not sure if these have made the rounds yet, so here they are...
(all by way of TFormers.com)

Trapjaw Grimlock. Sharkticon Slag. Minivan Soundwave... with electric guitar.
*sigh*

http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2007/08/g ... rmers.html
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Hrmm... definitely not for me, and will either be a hit or miss with the kidlets. The show's really going to have to move these...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's been a cheap few years for toy collecting... looks like that's gonna continue.
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

The writing had better be stellar... like Paul Dini/Alan Burnett/Bruce Timm/Batman/Superman/JLU-stellar...

Hell, it's just about lost me anyway, but it can't lose me any faster than "Hi, I'm Rad. I wanna tell you about the Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaansformers...!" *click*
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I'll admit it. I really like the look of the toys and the feel of the show. I just hope that the toys will be of better quality than the movie toys, and that the show will on the level of Teen Titans rather than The Batman.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Those pics were shown at SDCC (I assume the same pics were shown at BotCon, but they were posted in the interwebs after SDCC). The TFormers pics have also been around for a while. Tformers posted them shortly after SDCC.

http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... adid=39883
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by Nevermore
....Tformers posted them shortly after SDCC.
Yep, and with that, irritatingly obstructive watermarks over the images :rolleyes:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by zigzagger
Yep, and with that, irritatingly obstructive watermarks over the images :rolleyes:

EXCLUSIVE PICS! Exclusively, erm, hacked from Aaron Archer's computer or whatever.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Haven't seen about half of those before.

The bike looks well done, and Blackarachnia looks like not-crap in both modes.

Slag looks like a larger version of the minicon triceratops. The design seems to benefit from a larger figure, but I still don't like it.

Grimlock's sword looks really neat :o I like the 'cracked open' open look with mutliple pieces of opaque plastic on a translucent base. Should look spiffy in color.

I haven't seen anything I personally want to buy, but I don't see how these won't sell. If the show's really good, it'll help, but simply airing it in daylight hours will do wonders compared to the 4:30 AM slot the last few series have gotten. Of course, on the heels on the movie, there's not much more that can be done to make the kids/the public more aware of the brand.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm gonna see what they look like in stores. Pics aren't really that great. I don't anticipate that I'll really like these figures, but who knows. At least they're planning the classics/TFU line, as well. When will we see those pics, btw?
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Boo pleatyerhaters :p

seeontg them all toghether ... ahem... seeing them all together like that has shifted me into the " hey, that'z quite nifty" zone. I'd like to sie how prowl treansforms.

Transforming Duplo® looks fun :)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I love the way the figures look. It is as if Nintendo has began making Transformers. The human characters look VERY Zelda: Windwakerish. I'm secure enough in my adulthood to think these toys and character designs are cool. Not everything has to be super realistic..a bit of the abstract and artistic is very good in my opinion.
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

I really want to see how Blitzwing comes out as a toy, that model is something I could see getting excited about.
Hang on to your ego.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's still amazes mew every time I see a new one of these guys that they manage to be both show accurate and still Transform. Bumblebee (soooooooo cute) and Grimlock will be the main essential purchases.

But the Police Chief is really called Captain Fanzone? Really?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Springer007

Re: Animated Grimlock, Slag, Soundwave, Black Arachnia...

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by trilobitepictures
I'm not sure if these have made the rounds yet, so here they are...
(all by way of TFormers.com)

Trapjaw Grimlock. Sharkticon Slag. Minivan Soundwave... with electric guitar.
*sigh*

http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2007/08/g ... rmers.html

Even though Soundwave appears to be a minivan, he is in fact the 2008 Scion XB, saw one of those up close and they are basically identical, but still mini-vanesque. Anyways back to the topic, these look pretty nifty, I am diggin' em all, even the chunky ones, I dunno why, but even Prime looks ass-kicker-esque to be honest. I agree with everyone that I hope the story line for the series will be addictive. On Grimmy, I really do dig the sword too, its about time he gets a decent looking Energo sword!
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

I was surprised they could get any of those animation models to transform. I might pick some up, depending on the size, and if the show airs in Japan. Grimlock looks like SteelJaw from He Man. Soundwave looks fat too.

Edit: sorry that's 'phat' to all my homies out there. Word.
________
Marijuana seeds
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I see the tradition of giving human characters stupid names continues...well, not really. These are far stupider.

What's with American animators' obsession with giant chins these days? Didn't anyone understand that the Bruce Timm Batman series looked the way it did because it was supposed to be a throwback to those old Superman cartoons from 1940's?

I don't think that kinda hyper-dynamic look fits Transformers. Maybe if it was yet another superhero show...which they seem to be desperately turning this into as well. And to add insult to injury, we're finally getting dinobots other than Grimlock.

*sigh*

At least Lockdown and Soundwave look awesome (although former only for his alt mode). Lazerbeak turning into an electric guitar is something I would've expected from Takara's Music Label.

I wonder how the kids and Japanese fans feel about this show?
Wedding Tackle
Protoform

Post by Wedding Tackle »

Some of these look great. Yet another vision on how transformers can look. I would consider getting Ratchet, Slag, Megatron, Lugnut, Black arachnia and Soundwave from these pics. The others look possibly a little to stylised for my collection. Mind you thats what I said before the movie toys came out, and I ended up buying most of them. Oh well time will tell. Looking farward to the animation though!
And they have been fighting till time in the morning!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by Transformer Kamen
I'll admit it. I really like the look of the toys and the feel of the show. I just hope that the toys will be of better quality than the movie toys, and that the show will on the level of Teen Titans rather than The Batman.

What don't you like 'bout The Batman? Personally, I really like it and think it's a fun cartoon.

Is Teen Titans any good? I've finished JLU, The Batman and Beast Wars recently so I'm looking for something else now. Would you recommend TT?

Oh and yeah I really like the look of the Animated series toys. I'm much more intrigued by this than the movie toys of which I've collected none.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
Japanese fans

"Only one Convoy, no preteen nudity, not buying".

Seriously, there's about four Japanese fans, what they think doesn't really matter.

I'm loving the cartoony look - it translates to the toys pretty well. Figure-by-figure it's a bit hit and miss, but then they're a lot more interesting than most recent lines. Thing a lot of people have to bear in mind is that this isn't really for us - we're getting Classics 2, this is pitched to get younger kids back in. I do quite like the overall philosophy, even if there are going to be a few examples where it doesn't work, and this stuff compares favourably to early pics on the likes of Armada and Energon.