Original Vs Reissue Prime...?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sixswitch

Original Vs Reissue Prime...?

Post by Sixswitch »

Confusion... Take a look at these:

Image Image

Compare original Prime on the left, and the TRU Prime on the right... I don't see the fuss that everyone was making about his smokestacks. To my eyes, they look damn near identical. So are you guys who complained just a load of pedantic whiners? Seems that way.

Explain.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Toys R Us could well have used a non-trimmed picture... pics on websites such as TRU tend to be Hasbro provided... TRU don't exactly take them out of the box and photograph them...
jedikermit
Protoform

Post by jedikermit »

here is a better pic

Frogs don't die, they CROAK!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Ah right. So they had been noticeably shortened. Still don't see what all the fuss was about though. It's not as if Prime is exactly a good figure anyway.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

As far as i can tell is if the tru one is your fist prime it won't make a difference to you, as with most of the other altered reissues.

you should note however that the Tru prime is missing the spring that launchs roller.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Oh don't worry. I'm not intending to get him. I don't like the toy. Tis ugly. PM Prime is much better (so's Supercon Armada Prime, and so will be Superbase Prime when I get him :) )
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
PM Prime is much better

D'ya mean Apex/Jinrai?

Because Powermaster Prime is a giant brick with an oversized head, gimpy arms and no legs whatsoever. His cab is also nine shades of lame.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Yeah but he's still better than G1 Prime. I LIKE chunky TFs.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Then I'd like to sell you Jamaica-exclsive Brick Boy. He was only avaliable witth Premums of the Car Robots Build Team giftset. He changes from a tall brick into a flat brick. He's nearly as poseable as PM Prime, and is much better proportioned...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Done!

I dunno why, I've just got a thing against Prime. I don't like his arms for a start, and his back is poo as well. Then again, I dislike most of the Season 1 Autobot cars, so it's probably just that.

-Ss
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Not the datsuns though, right? Those have to be some of the coolest TFs out there.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I want a version of the original Prime mold so bad, he's #1 on my wants list, then there's Jazz, Prowl, and maybe Hound or Soundwave and I'll have all the TF's I ever wanted.
Garand

Post by Garand »

HERACY! SIXSWITCH SPEAKS OF BLASPHEMY! BURN HIM!!!

ahmm..

Auros, the Takara reissues are true to the original. Only reason I didn't buy a TRU reissue is because I already got a New Years Prime.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

If I see a TRU Prime, I'll probably get him if I have the money... I can nick the Roller launcher from my original trailer [it's missing the rear door and the tyres are a bit cracked], and get a smokestack from Transrepro... is there anything else important I might need to sort out to 'upgrade' the TRU version?
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

The missiles.

The TRU ones are super long...and look funny.,
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Oh well, I'm happy, even with the short smokestacks. I actually have a G1 OP with FISTS!!!

When I was about 10, my parents found a OP at the Sunday Markets (like 100 various garage sales in the one spot every Sunday morning). He had everything except weapons and fists. Then I gave him away... But now everything's good again.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!