Pregnant man expecting second child

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
martyboy70

Pregnant man expecting second child

Post by martyboy70 »

Well someones been a busy boy (or girl) and having given birth on June 29th of this year Thomas Beatie is pregnant again.

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/Article ... d=10955921

Congrats to all involved.

Whats your opinion on this pretty unusual set of circumstances?
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well first, it's not unusual. Whilst the expectant parent is officially (and quiet rightly) regarded as a man this is still a case of "Person with womb bearing child", a complete non story. When someone fully biologically a man gives birth, then you have a story.

And secondly, this isn't the first couple in these circumstances to do this. There's been at least one other, and who knows possibly bugger loads but they all had the sense not to whore out their story to gullible papers and chat show hosts for a pot of money in exchange for making sure their kids get nothing but repeated and constant bullying throughout their school lives (and likely beyond). There's nothing wrong or freaky in this, but as with that breastfeeding woman story we had a thread on a while back, actually telling the whole world about it loudly and publicly isn't remotely good for the children because kids are bastards.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Whoa there tiger I think you reckon Im having a go but Im so not.
This was meant as a thread of congratulations and well wishing to all involved look I even said it in the thread opener.
I know Im often a cynical barsteward but not this time.
Before Kyle(see Avatar) came along in December of last year(my god is it nearly a year) I may have had my doubts about this but knowing now how much a child enriches your life Im all for anyone who can have one (or two) going for it.
Im not rat**** or TF****uard posting a thread purely for the controversy and meant this as a "well done" rather than a "ooh lets poke the...."

And you said its not unusual but Ill bet in most maternity wards/wings there arent a lot of people giving birth who are legally regarded as a man-so it is a bit.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

martyboy70 wrote:Whoa there tiger I think you reckon Im having a go but Im so not.
I know you weren't having a go. You did ask for opinions rather than agreement, yes? To reiterate, nothing wrong with having children in this way, and though I'm not a father myself I do have some decent second hand knowledge of how much children can change and enrich your life, and sure its many times moreso for actual parents. Using your unborn child as a cash card (and again, none of the other couple who have done this have felt the need) and journalists who don't do even basic level research before handing over a check and proclaiming something a world first are what gets my goat.
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Forgive me but this just seems bizarre.:wtf:

Dose anyone remember this?

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=43963
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

A completely idiotic argument that ended in a lock? I'm not surprised in the slightest.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Anyone else feel that people who think they have a "right" to children -- biologically theirs or otherwise -- deserve a damn good kick in the face?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Denyer wrote:Anyone else feel that people who think they have a "right" to children -- biologically theirs or otherwise -- deserve a damn good kick in the face?
Yes.

Especially the ones who want a fashion accessory or free benefits.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Clogs wrote:Yes.

Especially the ones who want a fashion accessory or free benefits.
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the historic port city of Kingston upon Hull or to the locals (not me I can talk) 'Ull'
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Denyer wrote:Anyone else feel that people who think they have a "right" to children -- biologically theirs or otherwise -- deserve a damn good kick in the face?
Yes.
Most people who insist they have the right to do things are either A) In a horrible time or place, or B) trying to gain the right to get away with whatever the hell they want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Clogs wrote:...or free benefits.
Say hello to half of my graduating class. 24 girls walked the line pregnant. 13 already had kids that year and 5 of them had multiple kids since Middle School. Guess what? 32 of those girls I know personally and they are jobless at home on Government assistance. Welcome to rural Kentucky.
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

secretcode wrote:Say hello to half of my graduating class. 24 girls walked the line pregnant. 13 already had kids that year and 5 of them had multiple kids since Middle School. Guess what? 32 of those girls I know personally and they are jobless at home on Government assistance. Welcome to rural Kentucky.
How many girls total?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

About 80.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kentucky pwns 'Ull.

Sad, innit? Within a few years we could be seeing pregnant 'males' graduating if ever the idea that men have the right to bear their own offspring takes off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Clogs wrote:Kentucky pwns 'Ull.
Nearly everything does by eck.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!