Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Good News From Diamond?

Post by Commander Shockwav »

http://forums.transfandom.com/invboard/ ... =24096&hl=

Posted by Decepticon-Matrix.com at tfw2005.com

"Dreamwave Productions Ceases Operations
Lead Stories, Diamond Daily, Thursday, January 06, 2005

Due to mitigating financial factors, Dreamwave Productions has ceased operations effective immediately.

As a result, no further products will ship from the company. However, an announcement regarding a new publisher for Dreamwave's titles -- including the best-selling Transformers line -- is expected in the near future. Once the publisher is announced, all pending new product orders for Dreamwave titles will be made order adjustable, and will eventually ship from the new company.

In addition, previously published Dreamwave titles are still available for reorder. Refer to the end of this article for a linked listing of Dreamwave products that are currently in stock at Diamond.

“Any time a vendor closes its doors, it impacts every level of the industry -- especially retailers and fans,” said Diamond Vice President of Purchasing Bill Schanes. “Fortunately, in Dreamwave's case, there are a number of companies actively pursuing their licensed and original titles, and we fully expect all Dreamwave series to continue once the dust has settled.”

Dreamwave and Diamond regret any inconvenience caused by this event. Retailers with additional questions regarding the effect of Dreamwave's closure on their orders should contact their Diamond Customer Service Representative."
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

SWEET!!! :D

Keep us posted.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

I actually liked all of the TF titles. I hope they get continued.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

agreed, while they had their faults, with better writers and artists great things could be done....

glad to hear this, who knows, maybe this new publisher will hire Mick And Patyk
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Well, I know of one DW bigname employee that has been contacted by another publisher.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Commander Shockwav
Once the publisher is announced, all pending new product orders for Dreamwave titles will be made order adjustable
You realise all this means is that they're hanging onto any cash paid with a view to it being exchanged for whatever titles the as-yet-unspecified new licensee decides to release?

Plus they've got stock of the next issue of some titles already warehoused, which may cover existing orders.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Erm, where the news? All I could read from that is another licensee is beign looked for. If you were a bit mad, you could read it to mean this new company will be picking up where DW left, but to be honest, Diamond don't control that.
EvillEdd
Protoform

Post by EvillEdd »

I also enjoyed most of the series, ( and G1 ongoing was getting extra good too,) so I'll just be happy if it gets to keep going, it would be a damn shame to just let it end like that. .
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Actually, comicics are floating in a Deep Sea, filled with shark, because they are falled in the hand of DC (... insane maniac...).
a Marvel Spiderman Fan, despite the clone saga