[Original RPG] Missing content.

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Kantorock
Protoform

Missing content.

Post by Kantorock »

Um, I'm not sure if this is the place, but there is an omission in the TFA RPG Archives. The term "glitch" is not defined, making the term "spawn of a glitch" rather unintelligible for use.
Springer85
Protoform

seriously?

Post by Springer85 »

Soooooo you want to know what a glitch is? I thought that in this day and age, everybody knows what a glitch is. :|

But to help you out, the definition of glitch is error.

Synonyms are: bug, defect, flaw, hitch, malfunction, misfire, mishap, problem, setback, snafu, snag.

You're welcome.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Even though glitch is a common enough word, this isn't the first time I've seen someone complain that that phrase doesn't make sense. Especially since some of our posters speak English as a second language (even some of the ones in the US).
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Yup, I'm actually one of them. :p

Didn't mean to come off as a bit snarky, I was just suprised that's all. :up:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Kantorock
Protoform

Post by Kantorock »

Warcry wrote:Even though glitch is a common enough word, this isn't the first time I've seen someone complain that that phrase doesn't make sense. Especially since some of our posters speak English as a second language (even some of the ones in the US).
Oh, I speak perfect english (if not with a southern United States accent), but I pointed it out as a "glich" can mean several things when it comes to transformers. It can mean a simple error in programming, a problem, or, such in the rpgs I run, the equivalent of a female bloodhound, or a female human that interfaces with a lot of males. The problem I see is there is no definition when it comes to the Archive.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Well you have to remember it was us humans who came up with these phrases for the transformers fantasy world, so often times it doesn't have a sophsiticated meaning. They're just merely are more appropriate-sounding phrases for a robot than the original, which in many cases may be inappropriate for use, such as son of a... well you get the picture I imagine. Don't strain your brain on it, they're just meant to help with the mood :lol:
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kantorock wrote:The problem I see is there is no definition when it comes to the Archive.
We didn't make "spawn of a glitch" up though, it's official gibberish. I don't think it's really our place to define it other than to say "yeah, robots don't like it when you call them this".
Kantorock
Protoform

Post by Kantorock »

Warcry wrote: "yeah, robots don't like it when you call them this".
That's good enough for me. lol