Wonder Fest Exclusive Movie Arcee G1 Color Edition

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Exclusive Movie Arcee G1 Color Edition

Post by Ackula »

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=8861

From Tformers, an image has surfaced of a G1 redeco of Movie Arcee to be sold exclusively at TakaraTomy's Wonder Festival 2008, and limited to 1000 pieces.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

The image comes from here.

Ergh. Stuipd swear filter. THIS IS JAPANESE, you ****ing thing.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Neat re-paint. That's as simple as I can put it.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I find this horrible. Makes regular Arcee all the more bearable in terms of color.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

This doesn't make any sense to me. Why repaint the movie BIKE mould in G1 colors, when the original G1 Arcee was a car/ hovercraft(not sure which one)? I like(?) the pink and white on the original G1 arcee, but on this bike mould it looks out of place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

This Arcee just needs to die. It wasn't in the movie (thank God) and it should just be forgotten that it was ever designed...in my opinion of course. :D

Seriously, this is the only movie design that really just doesn't sit well with me (except maybe Fenzy...but I just like the character so much :)). I think maybe mostly because they tried to give her hair...which just looks stupid. Wreckage/Stryker was much better. As was Red Alert (or whoever that other emergency vehicle was going to be).
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Brimstone
This Arcee just needs to die. It wasn't in the movie (thank God) and it should just be forgotten that it was ever designed...in my opinion of course. :D

Seriously, this is the only movie design that really just doesn't sit well with me (except maybe Fenzy...but I just like the character so much :)). I think maybe mostly because they tried to give her hair...which just looks stupid. Wreckage/Stryker was much better. As was Red Alert (or whoever that other emergency vehicle was going to be).

I will agree that the head sculpt was horrid. I wish they had put more thought into it, but for a motorcycle it isn't half bad, and doesn't have thunder thighs like energon Arcee, which was a horrid mold too IMO. I even read the prequel comic and Arcee still bothered me with the way her head was designed. I do believe I read they wanted her in it, but time constraints and blah blah blah. I am curious who they had wanted to voice her though. At either rate now that I look at the colors, it really wasn't the best choice, decent attempt, but the black Arcee is far superior color wise.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Black probably wouldn't have worked int he movie though because there was already a black character. Everyone needed a distinct color so that they'd be instantly recognizeable (which is my guess for why they didn't go with red for Ironhide). (and black was already kind of used twice with Ironhide and Barricade)

That's my guess anyway, maybe they didn't care and just went for "cool" colors. <shrugs>
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Arcee is a nice figure, even with the fetish heels (heh!) up and that face - you know, that face with the moustache - but I wouldn't pick up a repaint.

Oh, they'll squeeze me for my pennies for Seekers and I'll cough up for something I really, really want, but general repaints ain't so. Making Arcee an exclusive and trying to taunt me just won't work. Neither will the G1 colours, which are insipid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Tweaked the filter a little...
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Clogs
Arcee is a nice figure, even with the fetish heels (heh!) up and that face - you know, that face with the moustache - but I wouldn't pick up a repaint.

Oh, they'll squeeze me for my pennies for Seekers and I'll cough up for something I really, really want, but general repaints ain't so. Making Arcee an exclusive and trying to taunt me just won't work. Neither will the G1 colours, which are insipid.

In the same thinking, I hate to compare different genres, but the Aliens in Alien Quadrilogy and AvP series have fetish heels! XD They deserve love, more than Arcee, who's only real claim to fame is she was boinking both Springer and Rodimus, and was a "head"master (laughs). Sorry the momentum carried me XB.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Springer007
In the same thinking, I hate to compare different genres, but the Aliens in Alien Quadrilogy and AvP series have fetish heels! XD They deserve love, more than Arcee, who's only real claim to fame is she was boinking both Springer and Rodimus, and was a "head"master (laughs). Sorry the momentum carried me XB.

Oooh, you are wicked... But I like you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Clogs wrote:Oooh, you are wicked... But I like you!

Ooh really? Well next time I am in your area how bout i buy you the finest of ales or beers and we can talk more about Aliens and Transformers. :angel:
Civ

Post by Civ »

Ugh...that G1 repaint is horrid.

**looks at the pic Nevermore posted last**

What's that figure beneath Optimus Prime?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I actually like the G1 repaint better than the original deco, now that I have seen the bot mode. However I'd say the Black deco FTW.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I don't know if it's just the photography, but that's an awful shade of pink! It's sort of a salmon color. The pink used in Energon would have been preferable I think. The black is nice, but I'm actually liking the purple of the original paint job quite a bit. It works nicely with the black accents.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Springer007 wrote:Ooh really? Well next time I am in your area how bout i buy you the finest of ales or beers and we can talk more about Aliens and Transformers. :angel:
Um. Can't drink beer anymore... a cold shandy would be nice :clap: Since it's so far from there to here, how about I buy myself one tomorrow and say it's from you?

Back on topic (if we ever left it): New colours = icecream soda. Even more insipid scheme than I expected. Is it true Arcee was originally made pink because she's a girl and girls can like - and buy - TFs, too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Clogs wrote:Um. Can't drink beer anymore... a cold shandy would be nice :clap: Since it's so far from there to here, how about I buy myself one tomorrow and say it's from you?

Back on topic (if we ever left it): New colours = icecream soda. Even more insipid scheme than I expected. Is it true Arcee was originally made pink because she's a girl and girls can like - and buy - TFs, too?
That's more than enough for me then :3. I dunno bout the pale pink... I didn't think it was going to be THAT pale.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The way that the pink is dispersed through out the body, it now looks like she's wearing a pink corset to complement the pink stiletto boots.
That's just....great :rolleyes:
edit: You see, if the aforementioned sections were black, then she could accessorize her look with a whip rather than a cross-bow