War Within Animated episode 1 released by TFCog

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

War Wthin Animated episode 1 released by TFCog

Post by Ackula »

The guys over at TFCog.com have finished their animated version of the War Within comic. By taking scenes from the comic, coupled with animation, voice-overs, sound effects, and music they have put together an animated episode. You can download it from their site in 3 different quality versions.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Oh, jolly spiffing! I adore WW!

You've checked it out, Ackula? If so, is it worth the 300MB download? My pc says it's going to take about an hour, but if it's something worth having...?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well I'm not all that familiar with the source material being that I never read the comic, but I was very impressed by how well they took comic panels and turned them into actual animation. The music is very well too, and most of the voices are pretty decent much like their other fandubs.

This did get me interested in the comic though, is there any graphic novel or anything collecting this comic series as of yet?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Volumes 1 and 2 graphics are available through stores like Amazon. Volume 3 is still absent - although the recent 'Best of Don Fig' has reproduced a complete issue. I especially like the 'original' Cybertronian modes and you can't beat that Starscream, no sireee. Nice characterisation, too, with individual personalities shown as quirks rather than ciphers.

And Grimlock has one of the best lines, evuh! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Ackula
as of yet?
It came out in 2002:

http://tfarchive.com/comics/dreamwave/g ... thin_intro

The third volume remains incomplete because Dreamwave went belly up, but the two volumes in print are pretty self-contained. Just don't expect 'em to connect to anything else.

I'm getting an archive broken report from the 300Mb download.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Denyer
I'm getting an archive broken report from the 300Mb download.

Worked fine for me.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ditto for the medium-res version, in both 7-Zip and WinRAR. It's possible the makers of WinZip have introduced some proprietary bullshit algorithm again, left it as the default and the uploaders happen to be using that, but I can't be bothered to fiddle...
Terome

Post by Terome »

Oh man. Dialogue is not Furman's strong point, is it. Bluestreak's bit is unrealistic even for a giant outer space robot that is powered by a pulsing blue thing.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Not bad. I enjoyed it.

Grimlock: "Me have appointment with Aaron Archer. Me want figure made for War Within version of me."

Prime: "Make sure they use pins to hold your arms on." -clunk, clunk- "Slag."

X-Gunner: "Welcome to the club, Big Red."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

All I need now is a new win.zip application. Mine has failed and I'm going to have to uninstall and find a newer version :mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Black Bumblebee
Protoform

Post by Black Bumblebee »

Hello everyone!

Noticed you guys were talking about my little cartoon project :-)

If you're having problems downloading it from tfcog, and would like to see what all the fuss is about, you can watch it on youtube at the following links:

part 1

part 2

If after watching this you'd still like a HQ version, but are unable to download from tfcog for some reason, there is a unzipped version up for download on the torrent site mininova at the following link: http://www.mininova.org/tor/1116518

Hope this helps!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Very well done. Second part stronger than the first (fight scenes and music went together well) and I particularly like the light-up sync when Grimlock's talking. More drama than the handful of frames the comic assigns to some scenes, and adds to the story rather than being boringly faithful.

Not sure why the direct downloads needed to be compressed, TBH -- it shaves very little off the filesize.
Black Bumblebee
Protoform

Thanks--I "had" to play around with the fight scene a bit to get it to work, otherwise it honestly would have gone too fast and wouldn't have really made sense. The whole "warping" bit too was added in as I couldn't figure a way to get the character to move from one seen to the next :-)

(shhh, don't tell anyone!).

Hound using a hologram was just something I had to add in... 'cause it's Hound, darn it!

Grimlock's glowing teeth have been a "like it" or "hate it" bit with people. It was the simplest way I figured that I could animate him talking. The "up and down" faceplate just wasn't working with the teeth.
Terome

Post by Terome »

I put my hand up for 'liking Grimlock's glowing teeth.'
Black Bumblebee
Protoform

Heinrad wrote:
Grimlock: "Me have appointment with Aaron Archer. Me want figure made for War Within version of me."
A figure HAS been made... it just doesn't seem like it will ever be produced as the Titanium line is now dead.

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Me love War Within modes. Me want Grimlock. In meantime, I like animated WW. Cheers, Black Bumblebee!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

It was a good watch - the voices were well done and the animation superb. Keep up the good work!
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

i saw part of it by a fortunate accident on you tube.

its very good.serious in tone.Better than transformers animated.

so what is this , like a series or something?:devil:
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The :devil: isn't an all-purpose replacement for :) ...
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

a real life artist and animater to talk to. Who'd a thought.Black Bumblebee's a good animater.
is it from the comic or from own work?

:devil:i like the devil smiley better. those original smileys annoy me.:devil:
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/