Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

Gizmodo article: Transformers from start to finish

Post by Clay »

http://gizmodo.com/5994962/

Found on tfw; cool stuff.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

They seem to have left out the bit about small children being whipped into making the toys.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

That was a fun read.

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I suddenly want to father a child and have it go to that playground and stay with it the whole day.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

That was a good read. All the stuff about the materials was an interesting read and i like that they care that the toys don't turn out to be 'junky', but how to explain the notably weaker feeling Prime toys and the lack of paint...?

Interesting that metallic paint is now out of the equation (the cause of GPS, perhaps?) but I can't honestly say that (for example) ROTF Sideswipe feels weak and flimsy because he has paint...so I'm not entirely convinced by this argument. Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Sideswipe's paint can be considered glossy, not metallic. I thin metallic is when it has swirls in it [like MP01 blue legs, for instance]. And I believe something was lost in translation or something, perhaps the swirly paint bonding with the plastic weakens it a bit.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yeah, that's what I thought. How cool must it be to be a kid and go try out toys of the future though? :)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It'd be immensely cool but they probably won't know what's going on. To them it'd probably be a big play date and nothing else.

I wonder if that's how some backyard rumours occur though. "Hey last weekend I got to play with this coolest transformer; it was a huge dragon with wings and snap on claw action, and it shot missiles from...", but occuring in 2011 instead of 2013 :lol:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"Infusion" suggests something mixed with the plastic, rather than paint on surfaces.
we do our best to make sure you've never got a Transformer that feels cheap
It's not bloody working on most of the figures I've bought over the last couple of years -- movie stuff and FoC in particular. Classics/Generations stuff were noticeably better.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Knightdramon wrote:I wonder if that's how some backyard rumours occur though. "Hey last weekend I got to play with this coolest transformer; it was a huge dragon with wings and snap on claw action, and it shot missiles from...", but occuring in 2011 instead of 2013 :lol:
Sure, and kids would be like "Duh, Cryotek came out ten years ago, dumbass!" :P