Collectors' Club website gets a massive overhaul; Seacons confirmed!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Collectors' Club website gets a massive overhaul

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.transformersclub.com/

Oh, and...
July 2007 - What’s coming up for 2007? We are working hard to bring you the set everyone has been asking for….THE SEACONS! More details to come.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

:eek: I picked a good year to become a member, it seems . . . Been wanting a relatively inexpensive set of seacons (well, cheaper than trying to track down the originals). I grabbed the ones that were used in the Japanese Beast Wars, but they didn't come with accessories, of any sort.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Nice. I might have to join for the prospect of Seacons is just to tempting.

RID....what are all the perks of being a member, and in your perspective is it worth the price for joining?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

The Collectors' Club becomes a definite "must" if you intend to attend BotCon. Because the member discount for attending BotCon is about the same as the annual membership fee. So if you want to go to BotCon, you should join.

Other membership bonuses are the annual free figure (plus the option to buy the previous years' figures from the Club's online store), the option to buy other toys from the Club store at a member discount (including bigger Club exclusive toys), the regular Club magazine including a fe comic pages and news etc., plus access to the Club exlcusive message boards (which are reportedy using a very "old school" forum software that doesn't even allow quoting).
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

What he said. I mainly joined it for this year's con set, so by joining for $40, I saved $50. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't be worth it, to me.

Last I checked, members prices weren't worth it for anything you could get at retail, since said priced usually reflect retail price.

Looks like the only difference between the members' price and non-members' price for the exclusives is the membership fee, so if you buy the exclusives, they sign you up for the club.

The freebie is part of an energon combiner in a rather oddish deco. The one I get will be the fourth limb (shipping next year, since I missed the deadline for the third limb, which would probably be the most impressive of them), and if they use movie figs for next year's set, I'll join again to order that, so, I'll have the center piece, but I don't really think I'll be tracking down the other three figures at $20 a pop. Honestly, I wouldn't pay money for that, but it's a nice little gesture, on their part to give members something like that.

Magazine is all right, but once again, not something I'd pay money for. I like to look at the pictures, and read the tf comic insert that's in every other issue. I think you're supposed to get a free ad, or something . . . I should look into that, and post something silly, like "This is my free ad! Yay!"

Haven't used the forums.

All in all, if you're not looking to get the con set, I'd say "don't bother," but if you want the con set, or more than one of the club exclusives, it's worthwhile.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Maybe they'll offer a giftset of the full combiner once he's finished...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Perhaps. Probably wouldn't buy it, as it would probably look better and be cheaper to just buy the enegon releases (you even get two colors to choose from, for each limb, that way) that correspond to each part.

Though, you've just put a horrible thought in my head, as to the fact that they could potentially release the seacons, like this. Hopefully, that's not so.