Masterpiece MP-7 Thundercracker - OUT

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Masterpiece MP-7 Thundercracker - OUT

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Ok, they've done it. That face looks even stupider than the one on Skywarp.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I hate how the logo, and too bright of lighting, obscure the other face included. But from what I can see, I agree, not a very good other face... :wtf:...
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
alotron

Post by alotron »

whats with the silly mouth doesnt exactly look like a menacing decepticon more like a small child who just seen a large spider or frank spencer take your pick!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

The ridiculous amount of light blue 'dots' in jet mode ruin it for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Treadshot A1 wrote:The ridiculous amount of light blue 'dots' in jet mode ruin it for me.
I think that's just on the prototype and won't be included in the finished product. I think.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

I must say im very disappointed. Why couldnt they have added some stripes on the wings ffs?! Its not hard to do, and would make this a whole helluva lot better!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Vincent wrote:I think that's just on the prototype and won't be included in the finished product. I think.
It better be ditched for teh finale.
Sonray wrote:I must say im very disappointed. Why couldnt they have added some stripes on the wings ffs?! Its not hard to do, and would make this a whole helluva lot better!
After my sad attempt at kitbashing seekers, stripes might not be that easy...;)

Still, i tink TC really needs them, or he'll just be assolute s**t.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Sonray wrote:I must say im very disappointed. Why couldnt they have added some stripes on the wings ffs?! Its not hard to do, and would make this a whole helluva lot better!
There will be stickers for the stripes as on the other two Takara MP Seekers, I'd have thought.
Wreck and Rule!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:There will be stickers for the stripes as on the other two Takara MP Seekers, I'd have thought.
Yeah I want those red stripes.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I will, almost without doubt, purchase a TC. That's one nice body (I mean that in the jet sense), but oh! that alternative face...

Wonder what it is the three are supposed to be looking at when gathered together? Whatever it is, it doesn't faze Screamer, makes Warpy grimace and puts TC into shock!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Knightdramon wrote:Ok, they've done it. That face looks even stupider than the one on Skywarp.
Springer007 wrote:But from what I can see, I agree, not a very good other face... :wtf:...
Clogs wrote: but oh! that alternative face...
I agree it's s***, but you guys do realise this is an alternative face for a reason?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Yup - know it's an alternative face. I just can't tell what his expression is because of the picture quality....
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Clogs wrote:I will, almost without doubt, purchase a TC. That's one nice body (I mean that in the jet sense), but oh! that alternative face...

Wonder what it is the three are supposed to be looking at when gathered together? Whatever it is, it doesn't faze Screamer, makes Warpy grimace and puts TC into shock!
Its an enormous meteor sized lump of characterisation.

Screamers had a fair bit before so its no biggie for him,SW had an ickle bit one time in the past and it didnt agree with him so hes steered clear ever since and TC has never had so much as a tiny piece and the thought of it freaks him out.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

martyboy70 wrote:Its an enormous meteor sized lump of characterisation.

Screamers had a fair bit before so its no biggie for him,SW had an ickle bit one time in the past and it didnt agree with him so hes steered clear ever since and TC has never had so much as a tiny piece and the thought of it freaks him out.
That got my morning off to a great start! :up: :lol: :clap:
Wreck and Rule!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I agree it's s***, but you guys do realise this is an alternative face for a reason?

Why yes, if there's another one, sure it's fine for the alternative to be shit. Because there is a law saying they have to include an alternative face, after all.

This is basically why Takara are in the state they're in. You think Soul of Chogokin would do something this half-arsed? Let alone trot out the same mould three times as three separate releases?
Civ

Post by Civ »

I have to admit that I'm rather disappointed that SW and TC are closer to their G1 coloration. Damn whiny fanboys/girls. I was hoping they'd paint them the way MP-3 SS was painted with the gray but with highlights in bot mode that are pretty telling who they're supposed to be for the "more realistic" look. I'll wait until I hold a MP-TC in my hand before I pass judgement on the alternate face.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Why yes, if there's another one, sure it's fine for the alternative to be shit. Because there is a law saying they have to include an alternative face, after all.

This is basically why Takara are in the state they're in. You think Soul of Chogokin would do something this half-arsed? Let alone trot out the same mould three times as three separate releases?
Well, let's just hope for the alternative, or normal, (whichever way you prefer) is better.

Well, SoC, as far as i know, doesn't have as many little kids out there who want it, and the toys are far more costly. With the added money and less need for many toys to be released regularly, R&D is affordable for new molds, so the repaints aren't necessary. At least that's my (semi-) logical
explanation.

Anyway, Look at OP. The cab's been put out three times, two of them not having much, if any difference to each other. Screamer's not the only one. And, who cares, it's the seekers. At least it's not some brick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I suspect the number of kids buying the MP toys are about the same as the number buying Soul of Chogokin. Though if the Takara efforts are more down with the kids, cheaper and bigger sellers they have even less excuse for the repaints don't they?
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

Are there really many kids that buy MP or SoC? I cant picture a kid (or moreso their parents) paying around US$150 for a toy that will probably wind up getting buried in the backyard along with the ratty old $10 Armada toys.

Adult collectors have the money (sometimes ;) ), and Takara is really doing a lame job of making their high-end "collectables" worth the price tag. If they spent more effort on new designs and characters (like SoC) instead of the "redeco-to-death" plan, i bet they would sell hecka lot more figures.

It actually surprised me when they came out with MP Megatron, considering how unlikely it is that it will ever get a redeco. Even Galvatron would be quite a stretch character-model-wise.

I bet before we see any new MP designs (like the fabled MP Grimlock), we'll see MP versions of Nemsis Prime, "Perfect" Magnus, Sunstorm, AM T-cracker, G2 Screamer, G2 Ramjet, etc... :p