identification help

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Grandizer
Protoform

identification help

Post by Grandizer »

I used to have this group of transformerish toys, but I can't remember what they were called. it was a group of 5 motorcycles, and they all combined to make a big robot. I guess that makes it really more a voltron type toy than transformers, but still. does anyone else remember that? I want to say the name of the big robot was road king or something like that, but I just can't remember. I found it at a wal or kmart, this would've been back in 1985-86. I've done searches for them, but so far come up short. any help is appreciated, thanks.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Maybe if you had a pict, I could help.
Grandizer
Protoform

Post by Grandizer »

I don't have them any more. this was a long long time ago. obviously there was one big motorcycle and four small ones that connected up to it. I remember the two motorcycles that made up they legs had side cars, and when they connected up the side cars folded around back and under the main body on a hinge. I don't remember what the arms were like.
if I didn't mention it before, I'm pretty sure these came out before the transformers cartoon aired here in the us.