Asia-Exclusive Classics Seekers Set

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Blackjack

Asia-Exclusive Classics Seekers Set

Post by Blackjack »

Hinted about a while back, TransformersAsia.com has released images of the three-pack 'Seeker Set Ace'containing Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker, all redecoed from their original releases to better match the cartoon decoes.

Pretty surprised they're still able to use the mould, TBH.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Tempted. Easy way to complete the six...
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Blackjack wrote: Pretty surprised they're still able to use the mould, TBH.
I'm not. When I bought Thundercracker I was expecting him to be a bit of a loose mess, but he wasn't. He also didn't show the signs of excessive wear like the good old Seacons or Reissue Jazz. I think they may of tightened up the mold or something while no one was looking.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Aye, in between Starscream v2 and whichever Conehead came next (Thrust? Dirge?) they seemed to have fixed the mould. Smart move, too, this mould is a cash-raker and they still have yet to do G2 Starscream, Sunstorm, Black Starscream, Slipstream or Sandstorm, or obligatory Animated/Armada/Movie/whatever themed repaints...

Starscream v2 felt pretty floppy even though presentable (compared to Acid Storm who came a couple of waves earlier), but the Thrust, Dirge and TC I own are pretty solid.

Man, I'm buying two additional versions of the mould just to get Skywarp, and I'd probably get the Coneheads just to get Ramjet, and I don't even like the Coneheads all that much. I need rehab. :(
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

If you don't particularly want it, I can probably take the cost of Starscream off your hands.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack's based in Asia, so that might not be the cheapest way to get a Starscream.
Blackjack wrote:Starscream v2 felt pretty floppy even though presentable (compared to Acid Storm who came a couple of waves earlier), but the Thrust, Dirge and TC I own are pretty solid.
They must have recast the mold at this point. There's been, what, thirty production runs of seekers by now? It'd be swiss cheese by now otherwise.
Blackjack wrote:Man, I'm buying two additional versions of the mould just to get Skywarp, and I'd probably get the Coneheads just to get Ramjet, and I don't even like the Coneheads all that much. I need rehab. :(
If the set gets imported like the current batch of Asia exclusives have been, I'd be all over it. Starscream and Thundercracker would be kitbash fodder though, since Universe Starscream and Generations Thundercracker are much nicer than these decos, and I wouldn't pay import prices for that...
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Warcry wrote:Blackjack's based in Asia, so that might not be the cheapest way to get a Starscream.
Yeah, I know. I just like the look of that one, and the Classics one I have is really dull. And then he'd only be stuck with one duplicate.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

tahukanuva wrote:If you don't particularly want it, I can probably take the cost of Starscream off your hands.
Like Warcry said, I'm Asian-based so as long as you don't mind shipping from here, when/if I get the set I'll happily send Starscream over.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'm quite happy with my Starscream, so I'm not tempted, but it just makes you realise how incredible the mould is, doesn't it? It does so simply and effectively what the Masterpiece really fumbles. Probably the best Classics figure we ever got . . . No wonder they keep re-releasing it!
I like bears.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Takara's been doing computer-based casting of their molds for some time now. (Hasbro really resisted this approach, not sure if they're doing it yet.) So it's a lot easier to recast already-engineered molds that are in their files. If I'm remembering correctly, one reason they've been doing the Encore series is to get those mold designs into their systems.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Why would a toy company not want that kind of data on file?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Denyer wrote:Why would a toy company not want that kind of data on file?
I know that Aaron Archer's predecessor, when asked, actually said that he didn't consider it real 'crafting' for toys. This was back in 1997, though, and the tools were relatively new at the time and he was an eldery gentleman.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Anyone seen these in the shelves?
When should they come out?

So far I did not see any in local stores.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

BigBadToyStore reckons early next year.

Hopefully the price they've currently got them at ($170) comes down a bit.